Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

10/09/2012 new

(Quote) John-132457 said: Well, I bought what I wanted! Thanks everyone for weighing in. I have indeed driven most of my pre...
(Quote) John-132457 said:

Well, I bought what I wanted! Thanks everyone for weighing in. I have indeed driven most of my previous vehicles into the ground. It was definitely time for something different. The van I was driving had been my Dad's previously. I kept it largely because as a family it was still useful to us. But, the repair bills were beginning to approach the cost of a car payment and as I've had to commute more, the fuel costs were growing too.

So, I am now the proud owner of a 2010 Chevy HHR SS. Fun, reasonably fuel efficient, and with a good amount of cargo space. Got it with just over 18,000 miles so it should last me a good long while if I take care of it.

--hide--
Drove one as a rental a few years ago- sounds nice.

10/09/2012 new

(Quote) John-132457 said: Well, I bought what I wanted!

Well, I bought what I wanted!

--hide--

Congratulations, John! Blessings!

10/11/2012 new

(Quote) John-132457 said: Ok, I know this is going to be sort of an ambiguous question. But, does anyone have any thoughts o...

Ok, I know this is going to be sort of an ambiguous question. But, does anyone have any thoughts on used car values these days? I've had my heart set on a particular model car for a couple years now. Unfortunately the current values seem to be 20-33% higher now than in the fall of 2010 when I began looking. It's a fairly rare model so I'm stuck weighing the cost of traveling to find one. Weighing the value of lower mileage with some warranty left -vs- higher mileage with little or no warrantly left. Etc, etc...

I've always had very inexpensive used vehicles in the past. So, this would be sort of a treat (though not outrageously expensive by today's standards I guess). Any thoughts?

--hide--

Definitely more expensive. For the 1st time in my life I am going to buy new.

10/11/2012 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: Just from my experience in being around the Car biz for over 10yrs.. A good way to determine a car...
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

Just from my experience in being around the Car biz for over 10yrs.. A good way to determine a cars value is go to NADA.com, go through the process and pick out make, year, model of vehicle, and then the options and mileage. After you've done everything the last pg you should see 4 values. Average Trade in value- is closest to Dealer wholesale value- meaning that's pretty close to what a Dealer may buy it from at auction or offer a customer on trade in. Stay away from KBB,, unless you have excess cash and like paying Retail prices. I've also shopped around on Cars.com for a car and use that to get a general idea of price and condition on what's out there. GL.

--hide--

So what kind to you sell? I'm soooooo frustrated with Car dealers, it's taking all the pleasure out of getting a new car.

Posts 11 - 14 of 14