Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Marissa-529206 said: I'm back.....for anyone who remembers me My two cents on this. I think it depends o...
(Quote) Marissa-529206 said:

I'm back.....for anyone who remembers me

My two cents on this. I think it depends on the converts family and the cradle Catholic. Some Catholics are uber devout. My family has probably about 8 Catholic things from crucifixes to statues and pictures in the living room alone. Our prayers, even at mealtimes are distinctly Catholic. If I were to date a convert I would think the only problem that would arise would lie in how accepting his family is of his conversion. I've known some people who could barely say a meal prayer with their in-laws due to hostility towards the Catholic side of the family. This in turn caused a rift between how well the family accepted the cradle Catholic. In fact, some of the stories I heard were the reasons I definitely try to make sure I know alot about the family of the man I date because some of the stories are truly horrible.
That's the concern that comes off the top of my head. If I think of any more I will write, but since I've never really dated a convert, I don't really know much about it.

--hide--

I'm back.....for anyone who remembers me ----> Who? laughing I keed. I keed. Welcome back to the lovely, talented and beautiful Marissa. wave

Posts 111 - 111 of 111