Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

I do and feel there should be a room for those with disabilities.

What do you think? scratchchin

Oct 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-42689 said: I do and feel there should be a room for those with disabilities. What do you think?
(Quote) Mary-42689 said:

I do and feel there should be a room for those with disabilities.

What do you think?

--hide--

Keeping in mind that the admins have stated many times that their goal is to decrease, not increase, the number of forums, can you justify that it will receive enough traffic to make it worthwhile? To be honest, I can recall very few topics specific to individuals with disabilities -- quite likely not enough to fill one page of the directory list in a year. For perspective, even the Our Lady of Guadalupe (pro-life issues) forum, which, as you know, received a fairly regular number of new topics, was merged with another.

That's not to say you can't discuss topics related to disabilities, but they can be discussed in other forums.

Oct 3rd 2012 new

Due simply to our humanity, we are all disabled - or broken - in some fashion. The only difference is that sometimes it shows, sometimes the wounds are on the inside. heart

Oct 5th 2012 new

I don't think there has to be a room dedicated to disabilities. I myself is disabled due to an autoimmune disease called vasculitis. I like to enjoy knowing EVERYONE and not just those who have to suffer daily. I like to educate.

Oct 7th 2012 new

I have worked in the field and found a great number of people diagnosed with mental disabilities whom are trying to keep their heads above water in this fast paced society but doing a poor job at accepting their limits.

Whether its physical or mental, those who have accepted their disabilities find peace and harmony in their lives without obstacles because they know their limits.

They could be great teachers in this rat race to help many from possible on-coming train wrecks about to happen because many people today don't understand that we are not machines and we do have limits.

By pushing ourself to be #1 and beyond our means, is never a satifying lifestyle. Therefore, I feel these folks eventually crash and meet their shortcomings by accident, when its too late: physical or mental (where many wind up.)

Its a good thing to take a shot of breathing the air of life and learning the purpose in the first place.

Oct 7th 2012 new

Yes and definitely yes - to both.

Posts 1 - 6 of 6