Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Me and the bear

10/02/2012 new

that I encountered on Saturday night. As I was leaving my house for work, I had encountered a large black bear, I live in a wooded area and have to walk a path to my car, when I looked up I stopped and at the top of the path was the bear! I have never in all my life was so close to a real bear! If I would of went any further me and this bear would of been very close.
I started going back to my house and when I got to the gate I ran to the door, I shook so bad I couldn't get the key in the door!

I called 911 and they came, but the bear was gone, the one cop saw a paw print and said " I think he went down here" They were going to call wildlife about it.

But, I am still so very scared, afraid to come to the place and afraid to leave. Tonight I have to go out again, I have some Blessed salt I am taking with me and I am going to sprinkle it around and pray. I thank God so much for telling me to look, it's a bear, go in the house. God is my refuge!

I know that many of you might not be afraid, but I am very scared! I hope you don't laugh at me for this. I could use some prayers.

Shaking,
Cindy

10/02/2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: that I encountered on Saturday night. As I was leaving my house for work, I had encountered a lar...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

that I encountered on Saturday night. As I was leaving my house for work, I had encountered a large black bear, I live in a wooded area and have to walk a path to my car, when I looked up I stopped and at the top of the path was the bear! I have never in all my life was so close to a real bear! If I would of went any further me and this bear would of been very close.
I started going back to my house and when I got to the gate I ran to the door, I shook so bad I couldn't get the key in the door!

I called 911 and they came, but the bear was gone, the one cop saw a paw print and said " I think he went down here" They were going to call wildlife about it.

But, I am still so very scared, afraid to come to the place and afraid to leave. Tonight I have to go out again, I have some Blessed salt I am taking with me and I am going to sprinkle it around and pray. I thank God so much for telling me to look, it's a bear, go in the house. God is my refuge!

I know that many of you might not be afraid, but I am very scared! I hope you don't laugh at me for this. I could use some prayers.

Shaking,
Cindy

--hide--

No way to laugh, Cindy! hug
Wow, what an experience! I will pray for your continued safety and for the fear to disappear. theheart

10/02/2012 new

(by the way..... -----> hug <----- not a bear hug, unless you want it to be)

10/02/2012 new

God bless you and keep you safe, Cindy.

10/02/2012 new

Cindy,

I am from Steubenville, Ohio, which is very close to Pittsburgh. That area is very wooded. There was a black bear reported every month in the last 2 years somewhere around there. I love animals, BUT, I know fear and it does not feel good. One simple thing you can do which is a cheap way to protect yourself is to buy some kind of spray such as red pepper spray or even hair spray, purse size. It will stop anything or anyONE in their tracks when you spray it right in the eyes.

Practice by pointing it at a mirror and yelling NO with force. You can do it. It will be great for man or beast. The yelling gives you power and you need to practice your aim...... You can do this. Empower yourself.

Good luck Cindy, and may the spray be with you. I will pray to St. Francis and the Holy Spirit to protect you.

10/02/2012 new

Praying Praying Praying

10/02/2012 new
Dear Cindy,

Did you find out if the policeman was correct about bears not staying in the same area for more than a couple days?

I assume you did your research on safety tips? www.rd.com

Did you buy the bear spray? www.centerforwildlifeinformation.org

I see Carolyn suggested pepper spray. The wildlife site states personal defense sprays and bear sprays are not the same.

However, you still should always carry pepper spray on your key ring for general safety. Not all pepper sprays are equal in strength, delivery systems, or output (content dispersed in a cone, stream line, or fog). This is the one I prefer because of it's delivery system: www.spitfire.us I, also, have this one: www.gettornado.com

Carolyn's comment is cute.... "May the spray be with you."
10/02/2012 new

Praying Praying hug hug

10/02/2012 new

I have a friend who lives in a rural part of NJ with lots of bears, so that's pretty common for her, she says she makes lots of noise coming out of the house, is it possible that you hang, empty pie plates around the area so that if it comes near that area it makes noise, some sort of homemade alarm system?

10/02/2012 new

Praying Praying Praying hug

Posts 1 - 10 of 81