Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: (by the way..... -----> <----- not a bear hug, unless you want it to be)
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

(by the way..... -----> <----- not a bear hug, unless you want it to be)

--hide--

Thank you for the hug and prayers. Uh, I'll take just the regular hug if that's oK? hug biggrin

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Maricela-876143 said: God bless you and keep you safe, Cindy.
(Quote) Maricela-876143 said:

God bless you and keep you safe, Cindy.

--hide--

Thank you Maricela, I trust in God and prayers. hug

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Carolyn-896104 said: Cindy,I am from Steubenville, Ohio, which is very close to Pittsburgh. That area is ver...
(Quote) Carolyn-896104 said:

Cindy,

I am from Steubenville, Ohio, which is very close to Pittsburgh. That area is very wooded. There was a black bear reported every month in the last 2 years somewhere around there. I love animals, BUT, I know fear and it does not feel good. One simple thing you can do which is a cheap way to protect yourself is to buy some kind of spray such as red pepper spray or even hair spray, purse size. It will stop anything or anyONE in their tracks when you spray it right in the eyes.

Practice by pointing it at a mirror and yelling NO with force. You can do it. It will be great for man or beast. The yelling gives you power and you need to practice your aim...... You can do this. Empower yourself.

Good luck Cindy, and may the spray be with you. I will pray to St. Francis and the Holy Spirit to protect you.

--hide--

Thank you for this advice, I sure will try this.....but I never wanted to be empowered this way....this is scary. Thank you so much for your prayers, I am counting on them. hug
Tomorrow is the Feast of St.Francis and the churches are having blessings for the pets. I will request a special blessing for the bear I encountered that he may find a new place to roam far away from me.

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Barbara-605462 said:
(Quote) Barbara-605462 said:

--hide--

Thank you Barbara, any bears up your way? hug I'm praying with you. Praying

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Dear Cindy, Did you find out if the policeman was correct about bears not staying in the same are...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Dear Cindy,

Did you find out if the policeman was correct about bears not staying in the same area for more than a couple days?

I assume you did your research on safety tips? www.rd.com

Did you buy the bear spray? www.centerforwildlifeinformation.org

I see Carolyn suggested pepper spray. The wildlife site states personal defense sprays and bear sprays are not the same.

However, you still should always carry pepper spray on your key ring for general safety. Not all pepper sprays are equal in strength, delivery systems, or output (content dispersed in a cone, stream line, or fog). This is the one I prefer because of it's delivery system: www.spitfire.us I, also, have this one: www.gettornado.com

Carolyn's comment is cute.... "May the spray be with you."
--hide--

"May the spray be with you." Love it! I just ordered the bear pepper spray and the people spitfire. It will be getting shipped. I hope I never will need to use it.
Thank you for these sites, I have been studying black bears since Saturday night, also had a headache for two days just being overwhelm with all of this, and scaring myself more, and I can say just talking about it really has helped so much, and everyone's prayers is giving me confidence in dealing with this.

No, to your question, I haven't heard anything from the police, and I haven't seen the bear since Saturday night. I did read somewhere are one of the Wildlife sites, that an encounter with a bear will probably be once in a lifetime. I sure hope they are right about this, since we don't live in bear country. There sure has been an increase in bears running around here lately. Thank you Mary! hug Praying

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Karen-712407 said: Take your garbage away with you everyday, don't let it build up, no food scraps left anywhere...
(Quote) Karen-712407 said:

Take your garbage away with you everyday, don't let it build up, no food scraps left anywhere.
Play music that might sooth the beast - I know, weird.
We'll pray to St Francis for your protection

--hide--

Thank you St.Francis is much needed here! hug Praying
I never have the TV on, but last night when I left for work, ETWN played loud all night long. Hoping for a bear conversion.

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: that I encountered on Saturday night. As I was leaving...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:
Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

that I encountered on Saturday night. As I was leaving my house for work, I had encountered a large black bear, I live in a wooded area and have to walk a path to my car, when I looked up I stopped and at the top of the path was the bear! I have never in all my life was so close to a real bear! If I would of went any further me and this bear would of been very close.
I started going back to my house and when I got to the gate I ran to the door, I shook so bad I couldn't get the key in the door!

I called 911 and they came, but the bear was gone, the one cop saw a paw print and said " I think he went down here" They were going to call wildlife about it.

But, I am still so very scared, afraid to come to the place and afraid to leave. Tonight I have to go out again, I have some Blessed salt I am taking with me and I am going to sprinkle it around and pray. I thank God so much for telling me to look, it's a bear, go in the house. God is my refuge!

I know that many of you might not be afraid, but I am very scared! I hope you don't laugh at me for this. I could use some prayers.

Shaking,
Cindy

You have my prayers tonight.....
--hide--

Thank you so much for your prayers! hug Praying

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Kat-881112 said: ((((Cindy))) Mother Mary, myself, along with the Holy Angels and Saints are praying for your...
(Quote) Kat-881112 said:

((((Cindy)))

Mother Mary, myself, along with the Holy Angels and Saints are praying for your safety and Peace... It's going to be okay, sweet.

--hide--

Thank you Kat, your prayers are giving me the confidence I need. hug Praying

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Karen-712407 said: Take your garbage away with you everyday, don't let it build up, no food scraps left anywhere...
(Quote) Karen-712407 said:

Take your garbage away with you everyday, don't let it build up, no food scraps left anywhere.
Play music that might sooth the beast - I know, weird.
We'll pray to St Francis for your protection

--hide--

Forgot to say, no food scraps left around.......those bears sure like to eat!

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Dear Shaking Cindy, Yep, I've had a similar experience---twice! Living so close to ...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Dear Shaking Cindy,

Yep, I've had a similar experience---twice! Living so close to Yosemite Natl. Park in the Sierras, brown/black bears are everywhere. They figure out what day is garbage day, and go maurading early in the morning, knocking over the cans to get their "treats". Such was the case a year ago, when I goofed and took my garbage can out of the shed in the evening, and forgot to put it back...It was a warm night, and the windows were open, with nothing but a screen between me, my then-3year-old granddaughter, and Mr. Papa Bear! He was only 5 or 6 feet away from us, and I was really worried he'd get our scent... Nope! He was more interested in the Mexican papaya rinds..

The first time for me was when I was backpacking in Yosemite Park in the 70's, and came around the bend on a trail to see a young cub. I hollered to my hiking partners, and we got out the frying pans and Boy Scout mess kits and started banging on them...It worked and Baby Bear ran away. We camped about a mile later, and during the night, there was this horrible snuffling noise---yep, Baby Bear and Mama Bear were looking for scraps, and actually nosed at our tent and sleeping bags--with us inside!! YIKES!! Needless to say, we survived.

Calmer now,

Bev

--hide--

Wow Bev, you are brave, I couldn't do it. I have never been camping, nor never slept in a tent, I would of passed out with those bears nugging at the tent! When I get scared I shake.. the whole tent would of been shaking! Thanks for sharing the scary stories, and your prayers. hug Praying

Posts 21 - 30 of 81