Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: that I encountered on Saturday night. As I was l...
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

that I encountered on Saturday night. As I was leaving my house for work, I had encountered a large black bear, I live in a wooded area and have to walk a path to my car, when I looked up I stopped and at the top of the path was the bear! I have never in all my life was so close to a real bear! If I would of went any further me and this bear would of been very close.
I started going back to my house and when I got to the gate I ran to the door, I shook so bad I couldn't get the key in the door!

I called 911 and they came, but the bear was gone, the one cop saw a paw print and said " I think he went down here" They were going to call wildlife about it.

But, I am still so very scared, afraid to come to the place and afraid to leave. Tonight I have to go out again, I have some Blessed salt I am taking with me and I am going to sprinkle it around and pray. I thank God so much for telling me to look, it's a bear, go in the house. God is my refuge!

I know that many of you might not be afraid, but I am very scared! I hope you don't laugh at me for this. I could use some prayers.

Shaking,
Cindy

--hide--

Thank you Mike for your prayers much needed. hug Praying

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: Was this you? www.grindtv.com.
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: Was this you?

www.grindtv.com
--hide--

This is too much to watch, do you think he knows her? He looks like he has been yelled at by her before. Cute video. The bear I saw didn't look this cute, but about his size. hug

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Patrick-858101 said: Our Father in heaven, may your name be held holy, 10 your kingdom come, yourwill be done...
(Quote) Patrick-858101 said:

Our Father in heaven, may your name be held holy,

10 your kingdom come, yourwill be done, on earth as in heaven.

11 Give us today our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we have forgiven those who are indebt to us.

13 And do not put us to the test, but save us from theEvil One. Amen.

--hide--

Thank you for your prayers, Patrick. God is my refuge! Praying hug

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said:
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

--hide--

Thank you for your prayers and the rosary. hug Praying Our Mother Mary never fails to answer us.
Also I am wearing the Miraculous Medal just in case that bear gets me.

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Clara-410815 said:
(Quote) Clara-410815 said:

--hide--

Thank you Clara for your prayers. hug Praying

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-356811 said: Sorry Cindy-----May the Lord of Compassion hold you close----to be your shelter------May the Ange...
(Quote) Peter-356811 said:

Sorry Cindy-----May the Lord of Compassion hold you close----to be your shelter------May the Angels of God surround you-- May the Holy Spirit give you fortitude ----May those of authority protect you and guide you what is the best to do------Thank you Lord for your protection--------

--hide--

Thank You Peter for these prayers. hug I have great respect for our policeman, they are so brave and I pray to St. Michael that they are protected as they protect us.

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: that I encountered on Saturday night. As I was ...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

that I encountered on Saturday night. As I was leaving my house for work, I had encountered a large black bear, I live in a wooded area and have to walk a path to my car, when I looked up I stopped and at the top of the path was the bear! I have never in all my life was so close to a real bear! If I would of went any further me and this bear would of been very close.
I started going back to my house and when I got to the gate I ran to the door, I shook so bad I couldn't get the key in the door!

I called 911 and they came, but the bear was gone, the one cop saw a paw print and said " I think he went down here" They were going to call wildlife about it.

But, I am still so very scared, afraid to come to the place and afraid to leave. Tonight I have to go out again, I have some Blessed salt I am taking with me and I am going to sprinkle it around and pray. I thank God so much for telling me to look, it's a bear, go in the house. God is my refuge!

I know that many of you might not be afraid, but I am very scared! I hope you don't laugh at me for this. I could use some prayers.

Shaking,
Cindy

My nephew had a custom home built on a mountaintop in West Virginia. The local builder told him to purchase a good hunting rifle even if he doesn't hunt, to protect his family against predators both four legged and two. Where he lives, a 911 call is a waste of time. If that's not an option for you, a large powerful dog would alert you to a bear's presence and would protect you. Black bears can be dangerous but are not as aggressive as say, a Grizzly. Prayer is advisable too of course, but the Good Lord helps those who help themselves!

--hide--

Thank you Peter for this advice, I have two English Springers and they do a good job at barking when they hear something to alert me! i know they couldn't fight a bear, wouldn't want them too. Rifles are out of my range, I can't do that. But will work are other things. Praying hug

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said: I have a friend who lives in a rural part of NJ with lots of bears, so that's pretty common...
(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said:

I have a friend who lives in a rural part of NJ with lots of bears, so that's pretty common for her, she says she makes lots of noise coming out of the house, is it possible that you hang, empty pie plates around the area so that if it comes near that area it makes noise, some sort of homemade alarm system?

--hide--

Jackie, I think this is such a good idea, that I am going to do this. Now should I use those aluminum ones you throw away or get stainless steel and do I attach something for it to make noise? I have to figure this out.

Thanks for this. hug

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Mercy-794463 said:
(Quote) Mercy-794463 said:

--hide--

Thank you Mercy for all those prayers. hug Praying

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Thank you Barbara, any bears up your way? I'm praying with you.
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

Thank you Barbara, any bears up your way? I'm praying with you.

--hide--

I only have deer, turkeys and stink bugs where I am currently living.

I wouldn't be surprised if a bear showed up.

There was a bear near my childhood home, which is 30 minutes from my current home. I didn't see it but other family members did.

Continue to be careful.

Posts 31 - 40 of 81