Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: that I encountered on Saturday night. As I was leaving my house for work, I had encountered a lar...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

that I encountered on Saturday night. As I was leaving my house for work, I had encountered a large black bear, I live in a wooded area and have to walk a path to my car, when I looked up I stopped and at the top of the path was the bear! I have never in all my life was so close to a real bear! If I would of went any further me and this bear would of been very close.
I started going back to my house and when I got to the gate I ran to the door, I shook so bad I couldn't get the key in the door!

I called 911 and they came, but the bear was gone, the one cop saw a paw print and said " I think he went down here" They were going to call wildlife about it.

But, I am still so very scared, afraid to come to the place and afraid to leave. Tonight I have to go out again, I have some Blessed salt I am taking with me and I am going to sprinkle it around and pray. I thank God so much for telling me to look, it's a bear, go in the house. God is my refuge!

I know that many of you might not be afraid, but I am very scared! I hope you don't laugh at me for this. I could use some prayers.

Shaking,
Cindy

--hide--

What a frightening ordeal, Cindy .... by all means, you have my prayers! Praying You followed your instincts by returning to the house ... no need to tangle with a bear!

Stay well! hug rose rose rose

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: that I encountered on Saturday night. As I w...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

that I encountered on Saturday night. As I was leaving my house for work, I had encountered a large black bear, I live in a wooded area and have to walk a path to my car, when I looked up I stopped and at the top of the path was the bear! I have never in all my life was so close to a real bear! If I would of went any further me and this bear would of been very close.
I started going back to my house and when I got to the gate I ran to the door, I shook so bad I couldn't get the key in the door!

I called 911 and they came, but the bear was gone, the one cop saw a paw print and said " I think he went down here" They were going to call wildlife about it.

But, I am still so very scared, afraid to come to the place and afraid to leave. Tonight I have to go out again, I have some Blessed salt I am taking with me and I am going to sprinkle it around and pray. I thank God so much for telling me to look, it's a bear, go in the house. God is my refuge!

I know that many of you might not be afraid, but I am very scared! I hope you don't laugh at me for this. I could use some prayers.

Shaking,
Cindy

What a frightening ordeal, Cindy .... by all means, you have my prayers! You followed your instincts by returning to the house ... no need to tangle with a bear!

Stay well!

--hide--

Cindy,

Just reading your account scared me. That one would give me nightmares. As with other posters, my prayers are with you. I know you will have your antenna up each time you exit your car or leave your house. Maybe you should consider moving to Houston. We don't have any bears here but at times lots of mosquitoes. I do like women though who are like bears - teddy bears. laughing

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Oct 4th 2012 new

Praying Praying this bear goes away or issue us resolved very soon!!!

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Dear Cindy, Did you find out if the policeman was correct about bears not staying in the same are...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Dear Cindy,

Did you find out if the policeman was correct about bears not staying in the same area for more than a couple days?

I assume you did your research on safety tips? www.rd.com

Did you buy the bear spray? www.centerforwildlifeinformation.org

I see Carolyn suggested pepper spray. The wildlife site states personal defense sprays and bear sprays are not the same.

However, you still should always carry pepper spray on your key ring for general safety. Not all pepper sprays are equal in strength, delivery systems, or output (content dispersed in a cone, stream line, or fog). This is the one I prefer because of it's delivery system: www.spitfire.us I, also, have this one: www.gettornado.com

Carolyn's comment is cute.... "May the spray be with you."
--hide--

Yep, never go anywhere without my spray:)

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: that I encountered on Saturday night. As I w...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

Shaking,
Cindy

What a frightening ordeal, Cindy .... by all means, you have my prayers! You followed your instincts by returning to the house ... no need to tangle with a bear!

Stay well!

--hide--

Thank You MaryAlice for your prayers. Praying

Happy Birthday, have a Blessed day! Happy Birthday! rose

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: (Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said:
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Quote:
MaryAlice-97161 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

Shaking,
Cindy

Stay well!

Cindy,

Just reading your account scared me. That one would give me nightmares. As with other posters, my prayers are with you. I know you will have your antenna up each time you exit your car or leave your house. Maybe you should consider moving to Houston. We don't have any bears here but at times lots of mosquitoes. I do like women though who are like bears - teddy bears.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

Thank You Leon for your prayers. Praying hug
I didn't know there wasn't bears in Texas.What wild animals do you have there? Tigers?
Moving to Texas is something I might consider.

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Praying this bear goes away or issue us resolved very soon!!!
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Praying this bear goes away or issue us resolved very soon!!!

--hide--

Thank You Marian for your prayers. Praying hug This bear I hope is gone, but I am not sure. I am still scared.
One of my co-workers, a nurse, said it will take about two weeks for me to settle down with this.

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: Dear Cindy, Did you find out if the policeman wa...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

Quote:
Mary-486033 said: Dear Cindy,

Did you find out if the policeman was correct about bears not staying in the same area for more than a couple days?

I assume you did your research on safety tips? www.rd.com

Did you buy the bear spray? www.centerforwildlifeinformation.org

I see Carolyn suggested pepper spray. The wildlife site states personal defense sprays and bear sprays are not the same.

However, you still should always carry pepper spray on your key ring for general safety. Not all pepper sprays are equal in strength, delivery systems, or output (content dispersed in a cone, stream line, or fog). This is the one I prefer because of it's delivery system: www.spitfire.us I, also, have this one: www.gettornado.com

Carolyn's comment is cute.... "May the spray be with you."

Yep, never go anywhere without my spray:)

--hide--

Laura,

You do not use that spray on bears that take the shape and form of some guy, do you? laughing

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Oct 4th 2012 new

Cindy.....oh my I would afraid also if that happened to me. I am glad that you got back to your house safely. God bless you Cindy

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Praying this bear goes away or issue us resolve...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Praying this bear goes away or issue us resolved very soon!!!

Thank You Marian for your prayers. This bear I hope is gone, but I am not sure. I am still scared.
One of my co-workers, a nurse, said it will take about two weeks for me to settle down with this.

--hide--

The weather is about to cool- at least here- this could influence where the bear is. You might ask to have the area searched?

Posts 41 - 50 of 81