Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: (Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Quote:
MaryAlice-97161 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

that I encountered on Saturday night. As I was leaving my house for work, I had encountered a large black bear, I live in a wooded area and have to walk a path to my car, when I looked up I stopped and at the top of the path was the bear! I have never in all my life was so close to a real bear! If I would of went any further me and this bear would of been very close.
I started going back to my house and when I got to the gate I ran to the door, I shook so bad I couldn't get the key in the door!

I called 911 and they came, but the bear was gone, the one cop saw a paw print and said " I think he went down here" They were going to call wildlife about it.

But, I am still so very scared, afraid to come to the place and afraid to leave. Tonight I have to go out again, I have some Blessed salt I am taking with me and I am going to sprinkle it around and pray. I thank God so much for telling me to look, it's a bear, go in the house. God is my refuge!

I know that many of you might not be afraid, but I am very scared! I hope you don't laugh at me for this. I could use some prayers.


Shaking,
Cindy




What a frightening ordeal, Cindy .... by all means, you have my prayers! You followed your instincts by returning to the house ... no need to tangle with a bear!

Stay well!




Cindy,

Just reading your account scared me. That one would give me nightmares. As with other posters, my prayers are with you. I know you will have your antenna up each time you exit your car or leave your house. Maybe you should consider moving to Houston. We don't have any bears here but at times lots of mosquitoes. I do like women though who are like bears - teddy bears.

Blessings,


Leon





Thank You Leon for your prayers.
I didn't know there wasn't bears in Texas.What wild animals do you have there? Tigers?
Moving to Texas is something I might consider.

--hide--


Cindy,

I mentioned there are no bears in Houston and surrounding areas. However, there is a small population of black bears in East Texas that are migrating from Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas. We do have other wild animals in Texas such as cougars also called mountain lions, bobcats, feral hogs, wolves, coyotes and others. In Houston, we have raccoons, opossums, some venemous snakes, bats, owls, and other nocturnal creatures. In the southern parts of our county, there are alligators in some of the channels and bayous.

In my neighborhood and according to Texas Parks and Wildlife, I am the only wild animal on record. I just love to hug women. laughing laughing

Blessings always, Praying hug rose

Leon

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said:
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Quote:
MaryAlice-97161 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

that I encountered on Saturday night. As I was leaving my house for work, I had encountered a large black bear, I live in a wooded area and have to walk a path to my car, when I looked up I stopped and at the top of the path was the bear! I have never in all my life was so close to a real bear! If I would of went any further me and this bear would of been very close.
I started going back to my house and when I got to the gate I ran to the door, I shook so bad I couldn't get the key in the door!

I called 911 and they came, but the bear was gone, the one cop saw a paw print and said " I think he went down here" They were going to call wildlife about it.

But, I am still so very scared, afraid to come to the place and afraid to leave. Tonight I have to go out again, I have some Blessed salt I am taking with me and I am going to sprinkle it around and pray. I thank God so much for telling me to look, it's a bear, go in the house. God is my refuge!

I know that many of you might not be afraid, but I am very scared! I hope you don't laugh at me for this. I could use some prayers.


Shaking,
Cindy




What a frightening ordeal, Cindy .... by all means, you have my prayers! You followed your instincts by returning to the house ... no need to tangle with a bear!

Stay well!




Cindy,

Just reading your account scared me. That one would give me nightmares. As with other posters, my prayers are with you. I know you will have your antenna up each time you exit your car or leave your house. Maybe you should consider moving to Houston. We don't have any bears here but at times lots of mosquitoes. I do like women though who are like bears - teddy bears.

Blessings,


Leon





Thank You Leon for your prayers.
I didn't know there wasn't bears in Texas.What wild animals do you have there? Tigers?
Moving to Texas is something I might consider.




Cindy,

I mentioned there are no bears in Houston and surrounding areas. However, there is a small population of black bears in East Texas that are migrating from Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas. We do have other wild animals in Texas such as cougars also called mountain lions, bobcats, feral hogs, wolves, coyotes and others. In Houston, we have raccoons, opossums, some venemous snakes, bats, owls, and other nocturnal creatures. In the southern parts of our county, there are alligators in some of the channels and bayous.

In my neighborhood and according to Texas Parks and Wildlife, I am the only wild animal on record. I just love to hug women.

Blessings always,

Leon

--hide--



laughing laughing Thanks Leon.

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: Cindy.....oh my I would afraid also if that happened to me. I am glad that you got back to your h...
(Quote) Kathy-730470 said:

Cindy.....oh my I would afraid also if that happened to me. I am glad that you got back to your house safely. God bless you Cindy

--hide--


Thank You Kathy. Yes, but now the goal is to continue to get back to the house. Praying

Oct 5th 2012 new

Black bears will avoid you if they are aware you are near or approaching. Some hikers wear a bells, not to attract but to detract bears. Maybe you could put a bell on your keychain.

Praying

Oct 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-5938, I am the only wild animal on record. I just love to hug women.
(Quote) Leon-5938, I am the only wild animal on record. I just love to hug women.

--hide--
A bear hug, I presume? For you, dear Leon, would be a Teddy Bear Extraordinaire!! heartbeat

Oct 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Gilbert-335406 said: Black bears will avoid you if they are aware you are near or approaching. Some hikers wear a be...
(Quote) Gilbert-335406 said:

Black bears will avoid you if they are aware you are near or approaching. Some hikers wear a bells, not to attract but to detract bears. Maybe you could put a bell on your keychain.

--hide--




Thank You Gilbert. Praying hug I just got some bear bells at the Sports store today, and one for each of my English Springers. I hope this will make enough of noise.

Oct 6th 2012 new

Hi Cindy:

The dogs & I walk in two of our local parks. Bears have been spotted in both throughout the years...so I had taken up the suggestions of another hiker or took some pictures of a black bear suntanning in the patch of dandelions...I use bear bells or other ones as long as they make noise...I carry bear spray (although the spray can get into your own eyes if the breeze is blowing your way so be careful)...and either an air horn which works in the warm seasons but not too effective in winter, so I then carry a horn...one that I use on my bicycle. I also have my cell phone with me to call 911 if an emergency arises. There has been rife shots nearby on occasion.

So far some experiences with strangers have been scarier then with animals. My dogs will protect me from people...I think and hope, however, my oldest golden usually runs past me and leaves me in the dust if she hears or senses larger animals then her. My younger one is good at running too, I think though she would fight if she had too because of her personality.

On my way home from work, three years back, it was very dark out...a black bear ran into my car...I could see it coming from the bush (just from the head lights) and tried to stop in time, however, the bear hit the left corner of the front of the car...I ended up running over a part of the bear...not sure which part. It took the bear at least 10 to 15 minutes to get up and go back into the bush...the driver behind me said the bear was fairly hurt. The forest rangers were notified. I felt so bad because I love all animals.

I will pray for your safety and peace.Praying hug

Oct 6th 2012 new

correction...or took some pictures, should read who took some...

Oct 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: . . . do like women though who are like bears - teddy bears. Blessings, Leon
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

. . . do like women though who are like bears - teddy bears.

Blessings,


Leon

--hide--



smile hug rose

Oct 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-848472 said: Hi Cindy:The dogs & I walk in two of our local parks. Bears have been spotted in both...
(Quote) Donna-848472 said:

Hi Cindy:

The dogs & I walk in two of our local parks. Bears have been spotted in both throughout the years...so I had taken up the suggestions of another hiker or took some pictures of a black bear suntanning in the patch of dandelions...I use bear bells or other ones as long as they make noise...I carry bear spray (although the spray can get into your own eyes if the breeze is blowing your way so be careful)...and either an air horn which works in the warm seasons but not too effective in winter, so I then carry a horn...one that I use on my bicycle. I also have my cell phone with me to call 911 if an emergency arises. There has been rife shots nearby on occasion.

So far some experiences with strangers have been scarier then with animals. My dogs will protect me from people...I think and hope, however, my oldest golden usually runs past me and leaves me in the dust if she hears or senses larger animals then her. My younger one is good at running too, I think though she would fight if she had too because of her personality.

On my way home from work, three years back, it was very dark out...a black bear ran into my car...I could see it coming from the bush (just from the head lights) and tried to stop in time, however, the bear hit the left corner of the front of the car...I ended up running over a part of the bear...not sure which part. It took the bear at least 10 to 15 minutes to get up and go back into the bush...the driver behind me said the bear was fairly hurt. The forest rangers were notified. I felt so bad because I love all animals.

I will pray for your safety and peace.

--hide--




Thank you Donna for sharing this story. I am very interested in hearing stories of bears and encounters, so I can learn what to do. I see you are from Canada, what kind of bears do you have there? I learned from reading that in PA. we only have black bears. Then I read the grizzley bears are very dangerous. The American black bear is not on the endangered list but the Asian black bear is on the endangered list.
All these years when I went on a hike by myself, I went with nothing. Years ago I didn't even have a cell phone. I never knew one should wear bells or anything else. I wasn't aware. I never thought I would ever see a bear.

That must of been quite an experience to hit a bear, you would think that bear would of heard your car running. It sounds like you live in a forest area. I know I learned that up north in the mountains there are a lot of bears, they call it bear country. Since I don't live in bear country, just never had bears on my mind.

Thank you again for your prayers. hug Praying

Posts 51 - 60 of 81