Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

10/07/2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said:
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Quote:
MaryAlice-97161 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

that I encountered on Saturday night. As I was leaving my house for work, I had encountered a large black bear, I live in a wooded area and have to walk a path to my car, when I looked up I stopped and at the top of the path was the bear! I have never in all my life was so close to a real bear! If I would of went any further me and this bear would of been very close.
I started going back to my house and when I got to the gate I ran to the door, I shook so bad I couldn't get the key in the door!

I called 911 and they came, but the bear was gone, the one cop saw a paw print and said " I think he went down here" They were going to call wildlife about it.

But, I am still so very scared, afraid to come to the place and afraid to leave. Tonight I have to go out again, I have some Blessed salt I am taking with me and I am going to sprinkle it around and pray. I thank God so much for telling me to look, it's a bear, go in the house. God is my refuge!

I know that many of you might not be afraid, but I am very scared! I hope you don't laugh at me for this. I could use some prayers.

Shaking,
Cindy

What a frightening ordeal, Cindy .... by all means, you have my prayers! You followed your instincts by returning to the house ... no need to tangle with a bear!

Stay well!

Cindy,

Just reading your account scared me. That one would give me nightmares. As with other posters, my prayers are with you. I know you will have your antenna up each time you exit your car or leave your house. Maybe you should consider moving to Houston. We don't have any bears here but at times lots of mosquitoes. I do like women though who are like bears - teddy bears.

Blessings,

Leon

Thank You Leon for your prayers.
I didn't know there wasn't bears in Texas.What wild animals do you have there? Tigers?
Moving to Texas is something I might consider.

Cindy,

I mentioned there are no bears in Houston and surrounding areas. However, there is a small population of black bears in East Texas that are migrating from Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas. We do have other wild animals in Texas such as cougars also called mountain lions, bobcats, feral hogs, wolves, coyotes and others. In Houston, we have raccoons, opossums, some venemous snakes, bats, owls, and other nocturnal creatures. In the southern parts of our county, there are alligators in some of the channels and bayous.

In my neighborhood and according to Texas Parks and Wildlife, I am the only wild animal on record. I just love to hug women.

Blessings always,

Leon

--hide--

Gee it just dawned on me, that there is a bear on this thread! Leon our teddy bear! hug

10/07/2012 new

Ever since the bear and I , I've have heard so many stories. The other day one of our nurse's told me about the time her brother-in law and their friends, family went hunting, somehwere up in Canada. They were staying in a cabin, and this one day a bear broke through the kitcken door, he was half way through the kitcken, they didn't know what to do, they were scared to death, because they left all the rifles in the kitcken! To their advantage, the owner of the cabins saw the bear break in and came with his rifle and shot the bear!

A key warning please don't leave your rifle in the kitcken.

God is my refuge, I shall not fear.

But I fear. Praying

10/07/2012 new

This was on the news this morning. now.msn.com

10/07/2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: (Quote) Leon-5938, I am the only wild animal on record. I just love to hug wome...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Quote:
Leon-5938, I am the only wild animal on record. I just love to hug women.

A bear hug, I presume? For you, dear Leon, would be a Teddy Bear Extraordinaire!!

--hide--

Ms. Beverly,

Yes, a bear hug but a gentle one. Thank you for the kind words.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

10/07/2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: <...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Quote:
MaryAlice-97161 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

that I encountered on Saturday night. As I was leaving my house for work, I had encountered a large black bear, I live in a wooded area and have to walk a path to my car, when I looked up I stopped and at the top of the path was the bear! I have never in all my life was so close to a real bear! If I would of went any further me and this bear would of been very close.
I started going back to my house and when I got to the gate I ran to the door, I shook so bad I couldn't get the key in the door!

I called 911 and they came, but the bear was gone, the one cop saw a paw print and said " I think he went down here" They were going to call wildlife about it.

But, I am still so very scared, afraid to come to the place and afraid to leave. Tonight I have to go out again, I have some Blessed salt I am taking with me and I am going to sprinkle it around and pray. I thank God so much for telling me to look, it's a bear, go in the house. God is my refuge!

I know that many of you might not be afraid, but I am very scared! I hope you don't laugh at me for this. I could use some prayers.

Shaking,
Cindy

What a frightening ordeal, Cindy .... by all means, you have my prayers! You followed your instincts by returning to the house ... no need to tangle with a bear!

Stay well!

Cindy,

Just reading your account scared me. That one would give me nightmares. As with other posters, my prayers are with you. I know you will have your antenna up each time you exit your car or leave your house. Maybe you should consider moving to Houston. We don't have any bears here but at times lots of mosquitoes. I do like women though who are like bears - teddy bears.

Blessings,

Leon

Thank You Leon for your prayers.
I didn't know there wasn't bears in Texas.What wild animals do you have there? Tigers?
Moving to Texas is something I might consider.

Cindy,

I mentioned there are no bears in Houston and surrounding areas. However, there is a small population of black bears in East Texas that are migrating from Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas. We do have other wild animals in Texas such as cougars also called mountain lions, bobcats, feral hogs, wolves, coyotes and others. In Houston, we have raccoons, opossums, some venemous snakes, bats, owls, and other nocturnal creatures. In the southern parts of our county, there are alligators in some of the channels and bayous.

In my neighborhood and according to Texas Parks and Wildlife, I am the only wild animal on record. I just love to hug women.

Blessings always,

Leon

Gee it just dawned on me, that there is a bear on this thread! Leon our teddy bear!

--hide--

Thank you Ms. Cindy.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

10/07/2012 new

THis reminds me of a back packing trip I took in Yellowstone many years ago. On our permit, thr Ranger wrote in big bold letters " BEAR WARNINGS" The trail had recently been re-opened after a bear attack. Of course they were talking Grizzly bears. The ranger explained what to do in bear country. To start off, make lots of noise. This alerts the bear to your presence so you will not startle him and he will most likely move away. If your do come across a bear, stand your ground, do not under any circumstances, run. At least one of you will not make it if you do. Wave your arms, yell and bluff a charge at him. Most of the time this will work, however, if the bear continues to advance, curl up into a ball, exposing only your back to him. The bear may bat you around for a bit until he gets board. Well, we never did see any bears so we didn't get a chance to try out this advice (Thank God!!)

10/07/2012 new

Almost forgot about my close bear encounter...a few years ago, I was deer hunting with my brother near Moscow, Id when I saw this large tree stump that had fallen. I started to go around this stump when I looked down. Starled, I said "BEAR!" My brother was asking where, where. I kept pointing by my feet. It took him a minute until he too saw the bear under the stump, not 5 feet from me. We looked at him for a minute or two, he looked up at us with a sleepy look. I told my brotherthat even though I had a bear tag, there was no way I could shoot a bear like that. Then Islung my rifle back on my shoulder ans said, I would take his picture, to which my brother took a step back and said "I'm taking my safety off...just in case!" The bear just slid farther back into his hole, so I didn't even get the picture.

10/08/2012 new
(Quote) Ron-481546 said: THis reminds me of a back packing trip I took in Yellowstone many years ago. On our permit, thr Ranger wrote in b...
(Quote) Ron-481546 said:

THis reminds me of a back packing trip I took in Yellowstone many years ago. On our permit, thr Ranger wrote in big bold letters " BEAR WARNINGS" The trail had recently been re-opened after a bear attack. Of course they were talking Grizzly bears. The ranger explained what to do in bear country. To start off, make lots of noise. This alerts the bear to your presence so you will not startle him and he will most likely move away. If your do come across a bear, stand your ground, do not under any circumstances, run. At least one of you will not make it if you do. Wave your arms, yell and bluff a charge at him. Most of the time this will work, however, if the bear continues to advance, curl up into a ball, exposing only your back to him. The bear may bat you around for a bit until he gets board. Well, we never did see any bears so we didn't get a chance to try out this advice (Thank God!!)

--hide--
I know all the instructions on what to do, but I never want to be in that situation of trying it! Glad you didn't have too either! Those Grizzlies read as most dangerous. The bears are too unpredictable, like the ranger told you, they will most likely move away........that is too scary. Thanks Ron for this post. Cindy
10/08/2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: ... Those Grizzlies read as most dangerous. ...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: ... Those Grizzlies read as most dangerous. ...
--hide--

Grizzlies can't read. smile

10/08/2012 new
(Quote) Ron-481546 said: Almost forgot about my close bear encounter...a few years ago, I was deer hunting with my brother near Moscow, Id...
(Quote) Ron-481546 said:

Almost forgot about my close bear encounter...a few years ago, I was deer hunting with my brother near Moscow, Id when I saw this large tree stump that had fallen. I started to go around this stump when I looked down. Starled, I said "BEAR!" My brother was asking where, where. I kept pointing by my feet. It took him a minute until he too saw the bear under the stump, not 5 feet from me. We looked at him for a minute or two, he looked up at us with a sleepy look. I told my brotherthat even though I had a bear tag, there was no way I could shoot a bear like that. Then Islung my rifle back on my shoulder ans said, I would take his picture, to which my brother took a step back and said "I'm taking my safety off...just in case!" The bear just slid farther back into his hole, so I didn't even get the picture.

--hide--
Ron, This an awesome story and account of a really close encounter. So, they really are sleepy in their season. I take it the weather was cold. Also glad you left him alone. You have a heart and cared. Another awesome thing is to be in Moscow of all places hunting ! There are beautiful places and things to see there. I did just read the other day that the , or the Asian Black bears in Europe are on the endangered list, so they can't be killed. Thanks for this encounter story. You guys are brave.
Posts 71 - 80 of 81