Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Raymond-614191 said: It's shocking that your HMO is required to help the "needy".If these &qu...
(Quote) Raymond-614191 said:

It's shocking that your HMO is required to help the "needy".If these "needy"individuals can't afford to pay for healthcare they should be left to rot and die.

--hide--

What is wrong with you? You need to be banned from writing on CM.

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Within the HM, I am never handed a prescription. It is put into the system within the org...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Within the HM, I am never handed a prescription. It is put into the system within the organization and then the pharmacy, or in this case, the outside vendor contracted with the HMO responds.

The only way out of the circle would be, for examople, if I were in NY and my CPAP broke. If my HMO considered that enough of an emercgency, they would authorize me to see a sleep Dr. there who might write a prescription which would then allow me to purchase a machine.

The more likely scenario would be the HMO would require me to get home as soon as possible and be treated within the system.

All of which is further complicated because at 76 I am under Medicare and their rules need to be observed. And under their rules I cannot, again except in an emergency, seek any medical care from anyone except my HMO unless my HMO specifically authorizes it.

The point of all this thread has not been to seek a solution to my particular problem. Rather it is to use my experience as an example of exactly why Gov't needs to be kept out of the healkth care equation.

MY problem arises from the fact that I am with an HMO and Medicare. But if Obama care is allowed to stand, EVERYONE will be in the same boat and probably much worse because Washington Bureaucrats will be making ALL the rules, not just some of them.

--hide--

You are absolutely right. I fear the day we have to go on Obamacare. I hope it never happens.

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Raymond-614191 said: It's shocking that your HMO is required to help the "needy".If these "needy&...
(Quote) Raymond-614191 said:

It's shocking that your HMO is required to help the "needy".If these "needy"individuals can't afford to pay for healthcare they should be left to rot and die.

--hide--

I take your statement as sarcasm, supposedly to make me feel that somehow I believe that the "needy" should be ignored.

But all you have done is demonstrate that you do not understand what a cooperative is or what FREEDOM is. Nor do you understand that a Government has no right to require a cooperative, which is an organization of people who have banded together to do something for themselves. In this case to provide quality health care for its paying members.

It is not the right of Government to require a private organization operating legally to do something, especially something which is not part of its reason for existing.

To care for the needy, whether in health care or anyth\ing else is an obligation of each and every INDIVIDUAL. And we do so through our own indiviaul ways; or we organize organizations to specifically do so through charitable organizations, churches and even Government.

As a matter of fact, the Cooperative, continued to pay its Doctors and Nurses, when they took leave from the organization to participate in activities providing health care to people in need in the community or overseas.

You display the mind set, that has your own State Health system, as well as every other country with socialized medicine, in deep financial crisis which they are attempting to solve by rationing care so badly that your citizens, who can afford to do so, leave your shores to obtain care when they want it or to obtain care for which your system requires either long wait times or deny to them because of age or because some bureaucrat deems it to be not financially justified.

Oct 8th 2012 new

Sorry to hear about your troubles but dealing with private company bureaucrats are horrible as well. The government has no monopoly on bureaucratic inefficiencies and red tape.

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Fredrick-483665 said: Sorry to hear about your troubles but dealing with private company bureaucrats are horrible as...
(Quote) Fredrick-483665 said:

Sorry to hear about your troubles but dealing with private company bureaucrats are horrible as well. The government has no monopoly on bureaucratic inefficiencies and red tape.

--hide--

A very true statement.

One lesson contained to be drawn from my problems is just how bad it can be when private bureaucratic nonsense gets compounded by Government sticking its nose in where it doesn't belong. The Government entering the picture not only imposes its own bureaucratic burden but causes the private group to increase its own bureaucracy to deal with the Government bureaucrats.

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Docs4PatientCare: "Politicians that passed Obamacare are guilty of malpractice" http://...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Docs4PatientCare: "Politicians that passed Obamacare are guilty of malpractice"

www.youtube.com
--hide--

I agree with Paul that Goverenment needs to stay out of health care... We need to get rid of the red tape so doctors can treat their patients like Paul with the help they need without all the paperwork... To get a prescription filled or a new breathing machine should not be so difficult.. We need to pray and continue to stand up against Obamacare ... It is also funding abortions and contraception ... This is against Catholic teaching..

Praying for our healthcare system.. and remember we can always go to the great physcian Jesus with our problems.. because Government does not have the answer...

Peace and Prayers...

Kathleen Praying rosary theheart

Thank you Mary for the youtube clip

Posts 21 - 26 of 26