Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

10/07/2012 new
(Quote) Laura-56149 said: (Quote) Joseph-750000 said: Did anyone catch the NBC evening news with Brian Will...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

Quote:
Joseph-750000 said:

Did anyone catch the NBC evening news with Brian Williams the other night? Apparently - according to them - there's outrage about Romney saying that he would end funding for PBS, though Romney said he actually likes PBS and Big Bird too but wouldn't borrow money from China to pay for it. This comment amounted to about one percent of the debate, and was certainly one of the lighter moments. But NBC chose to run a story about it, complete with statistics about how the total cost of funding PBS would run the Pentagon only six hours, plus interviews with a couple of young ladies who said they wouldn't vote for him for doing such a thing.

Out of all the great points Romney made at the debate about Obamacare, the billions spent on Green initiatives that disappeared into thin air, and Obama's promise to cut the national dept in half when in fact he doubled it - THIS is what they used their precious air time to talk about!! Mitt Romney's evil plan to destroy Sesame Street! Talk about clouding the issues with liberal bias. DON'T BELIEVE THE LIBERAL MEDIA!!!

I have seen this story played out over and over on various networks and articles....it just shows that there was nothing else about his speech to pick apart. A sad day when people fight for Big Bird and not for the unborn Where is the outrage for the funding of mass murder of our babies? The other thing, every time they (media) talk about Obama's bad performance they throw in that Romney is just a lier. I have heard that over and over by every liberal that Romney is just a lier and they cannot believe a word out of his mouth, even if he did a good job saying them, but I wonder what he is lying about and how are they justifying all of Obama's lies and cover ups. This division is just sad.

--hide--
Liberals have been posting Occupy Sesame Street pics on Fb since the debate - blog.zap2it.com
10/07/2012 new

That night, I channel serfed for a comedy, not a chaos.

10/07/2012 new

(Quote) Ana-840226 said: That night, I channel serfed for a comedy, not a chaos.
(Quote) Ana-840226 said:

That night, I channel serfed for a comedy, not a chaos.

--hide--

highfive Didn't see it either. I was fighting a head cold and went to bed early that night.....but I knew my CM compatriots would come through with a thorough analysis of the event. Whatever any of us did, no matter if we saw it or not, Romney did well. Articulate, educated, and confident. thumbsup

10/08/2012 new

If you read this you will know.... the rest of the story!

cantuar.blogspot.com

10/08/2012 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: That New Yorker cover really sums it all up, for anyone that has been paying attention.... And it als...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

That New Yorker cover really sums it all up, for anyone that has been paying attention.... And it also vindicates Clint Eastwood from all of the bad comments that he received about his speech/skit at the Republican convention.

Clint may have been rambling in his speech, but he really hit the nail on the head with the main theme. Incidentally, Clint had an interview with a very local, small town CA newspaper right after the convention. He said that he had a speech pretty well prepared for that night, but he got this idea (of the empty chair) that night when he backstage at the convention. Since the idea just came to him, he didn't have much time to practice it, but thought this idea was better than his prepared speech.... When asked if he needed anything before his speech (from one of the backstage people), he told the person to just find a simple chair and put it out by the podium. The backstage person probably just thought he would use the chair to sit if he got tired during the speech (as his is 80+). The rest is history.

Ed

--hide--

Clint made his speech unforgettable. It was the right thing to do.

10/08/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: (Quote) ED-20630 said: That New Yorker cover really sums it all up, for anyone tha...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said:
Quote:
ED-20630 said:

That New Yorker cover really sums it all up, for anyone that has been paying attention.... And it also vindicates Clint Eastwood from all of the bad comments that he received about his speech/skit at the Republican convention.

Clint may have been rambling in his speech, but he really hit the nail on the head with the main theme. Incidentally, Clint had an interview with a very local, small town CA newspaper right after the convention. He said that he had a speech pretty well prepared for that night, but he got this idea (of the empty chair) that night when he backstage at the convention. Since the idea just came to him, he didn't have much time to practice it, but thought this idea was better than his prepared speech.... When asked if he needed anything before his speech (from one of the backstage people), he told the person to just find a simple chair and put it out by the podium. The backstage person probably just thought he would use the chair to sit if he got tired during the speech (as his is 80+). The rest is history.

Ed

Turns out Clint Eastwood's empty chair visual was prophetic...
--hide--

YES The chair has been empty awhile.

10/08/2012 new

Today's news - Gallup polls indicate that the debate last Wednesday as the largest blowout in history - I haven't fact-checked it but what an interesting point about the debates - Most have been saying that debates aren't game-changers

Can't wait until Thursday nite and am hoping Ryan will do well against Biden and continue the momentum

10/08/2012 new

(Quote) Greg-729474 said: Today's news - Gallup polls indicate that the debate last Wednesday as the largest blowout in ...
(Quote) Greg-729474 said:

Today's news - Gallup polls indicate that the debate last Wednesday as the largest blowout in history - I haven't fact-checked it but what an interesting point about the debates - Most have been saying that debates aren't game-changers

Can't wait until Thursday nite and am hoping Ryan will do well against Biden and continue the momentum

--hide--

No doubt. And early PEW polls show Romney with a 12 point swing.

news.yahoo.com

10/09/2012 new
Obama lost the debate but is now using commercial ads to refute what Romney said. Saw one today that said he lied about the tax cut and showed his reference for this allegation (of course heard on fox news that reference was quoted as saying he was being misrepresented) HE ends the commercial with if we can't trust him to say .....how can we trust him here....picture of oval office...OMG....right coming from the worse lying president in history.
10/09/2012 new
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Obama lost the debate but is now using commercial ads to refute what Romney said. Saw one today that said he lie...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Obama lost the debate but is now using commercial ads to refute what Romney said. Saw one today that said he lied about the tax cut and showed his reference for this allegation (of course heard on fox news that reference was quoted as saying he was being misrepresented) HE ends the commercial with if we can't trust him to say .....how can we trust him here....picture of oval office...OMG....right coming from the worse lying president in history.
--hide--

I am sure that Romney will bring up the ads at the debate and tell people the ads are misrepresentations of the facts. Obama will keep lying anyway, and his faithful will believe Obama because they want to believe the lie is true.
Posts 101 - 110 of 150