Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

10/10/2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Hi Joseph. I have also sent a message to the USCCB reflecting the same sentiments, and ...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Hi Joseph. I have also sent a message to the USCCB reflecting the same sentiments, and would also encourage others here to do the same. It's not too late for the USCCB to speak out!

--hide--
Thanks Patricia! Every voice makes the message stronger, and yes, it's not too late for the USCCB to speak out. But it will be too late if the rest of us don't get active - four more weeks posters! Now's the time!

10/10/2012 new
(Quote) Joseph-750000 said: (Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Hi Joseph. I have also sent a message to t...
(Quote) Joseph-750000 said:

Quote:
Patricia-29176 said:

Hi Joseph. I have also sent a message to the USCCB reflecting the same sentiments, and would also encourage others here to do the same. It's not too late for the USCCB to speak out!

Thanks Patricia! Every voice makes the message stronger, and yes, it's not too late for the USCCB to speak out. But it will be too late if the rest of us don't get active - four more weeks posters! Now's the time!

--hide--
Patricia and Joseph, Excellent reminder for all of us to contact the USCCB.

Here's the the USCCB "Contact Us" form link.

(All it takes is a sentence or two from all of us.) www.usccb.org
10/10/2012 new

Obama's latest excuse for his poor perfomance:

"I was too polite in the Debate."

10/10/2012 new

thought it was the altitude. or was it a lack of sleep?! irked laughing
sheesh. that man has a million excuses. grrr.

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Obama's latest excuse for his poor perfomance: "I was too polite in the Debate.&qu...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Obama's latest excuse for his poor perfomance:

"I was too polite in the Debate."

--hide--

10/10/2012 new
www.guardian.co.uk

Latest Romney rally in Ohio today draws more than 12000 with people out the door...
10/10/2012 new

(Quote) Jim-624621 said: www.guardian.co.uk Latest Romney rally...
(Quote) Jim-624621 said: www.guardian.co.uk

Latest Romney rally in Ohio today draws more than 12000 with people out the door...
--hide--

Boy this says it all...all he cares about is his celebrity and it seems that is all he's done for the last 4 years besides wrecking us with his Obamacare and removing restrictions on abortion which were early on in his term.

"With fewer than four weeks left until election day, Obama has recognised the urgency of the situation, curtailing fundraising events and concentrating on debate preparation and rallies in swing states such as Ohio."

10/10/2012 new

If you think Romney v Obama was something to watch, wait'll Ryan squares off against that domeless wonderboy Joe Biden. THAT will be the entertainment event of the season. Sometimes I think Joe Biden is the Fredo Corleone of the Obama administration.

Wait'll the next presidential debate. Mr O is gonna come out swinging and look ridiculous and cambative, like an enraged Yorkshire Terrier. He's been more than his usual petulent self because he resents having to do the debates. He doesn't like being forced to take decisiive action on anything.

10/10/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: If you think Romney v Obama was something to watch, wait'll Ryan squares off against that dom...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

If you think Romney v Obama was something to watch, wait'll Ryan squares off against that domeless wonderboy Joe Biden. THAT will be the entertainment event of the season. Sometimes I think Joe Biden is the Fredo Corleone of the Obama administration.

Wait'll the next presidential debate. Mr O is gonna come out swinging and look ridiculous and cambative, like an enraged Yorkshire Terrier. He's been more than his usual petulent self because he resents having to do the debates. He doesn't like being forced to take decisiive action on anything.

--hide--

Woo-Hoo, David is joining the fray!!!! clap clap clap hug

So, David. Looks like your state is in need of some help.....

Is your local library ordering any copies of the 2016 DVD?

I think OH is having 6 Stand Up for Religious Freedom Rallies on Saturday, 10/20, where they'll be giving out free signs (yardage signs = thumbsup)

Is your church including bulletin inserts to offer guidance and reflection points from the bishops in preparation for the elections of November (see Catholicvote thread for IL bishops)

What about information being disseminated at Catholic book stores? (again see Catholicvote thread for comparative list on Romney/Obama)

You are surely a wordsmith type of guy.....OH could really use your help. I know you are a true warrior for Christ........time is short, votes are close, can you help?

10/10/2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Hi Joseph. I have also sent a message to the USCCB reflecting the same sentiments, and ...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

--hide--

I sent my message to the USCCB, but I am not very hopeful. What happened to the hierarchy leading us instead of us leading them? The priests of our childhood stood up for the Church. Not so sure what many of them are standing for now.

- Elizabeth

10/10/2012 new

I will definitely be watching the VP debate.

I think that Ryan will do well. He definitely understands the budget and the economy a lot better than Biden. My only major concern is that sometimes, even when Biden is speaking complete nonsense, he can seem to connect personally with his audience... kind of like when Bill Clinton "feels your pain". Ryan needs to connect personally with people in the debate and not come across as just the "wonkish numbers guy". If he does that, I think that he can beat up on Biden quite well.

The next presidential debate is a town hall format (I believe). I think that Obama will have to be careful to not be too aggressive in this format (over-reacting to the first debate). As I understand, a town hall format tends to not go well for a candidate that appears to be too aggressive, because the candidates are essentially out among the audience.... and "aggressive / angry" does not go over well in that situation.

I think/hope that these next debates will have even higher numbers of viewers. I think that would be good for Romney... counteracting all of the negative ads from Obama. Everybody already knows Obama, but they are still getting to know Romney. I think that there were approximately 60 million that tuned into the last debate. That is a huge portion of the voting population. That has to be good for Romney.

Just my thoughts.

Ed

Posts 131 - 140 of 150