Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Craig-388270 said: Bring on Biden. Ryan debating Biden will look like a celebrity roast without the...
(Quote) Craig-388270 said: Bring on Biden.

Ryan debating Biden

will look like a celebrity roast

without the profanity.
--hide--

As fellow Catholics, I think we need to pray for Ryan because Biden can also be a snake and I don't think we want to get too cocky about anything. The race is too close.

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: As fellow Catholics, I think we need to pray for Ryan because Biden can also be a sn...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

As fellow Catholics, I think we need to pray for Ryan because Biden can also be a snake and I don't think we want to get too cocky about anything. The race is too close.

--hide--

Yes, we do need to pray for Ryan too, and so please see the Thursday Night Prayers for Romney/Ryan thread in the Prayer forum and join our virtual prayer group tonight at 9PM CST to pray for Romney and Ryan and their Victory in November. Even if you only have 10 minutes - join us in prayer at that time as we lift up Romney and Ryan in prayer to Jesus and ask the Holy Spirit to come enlighten them with His wisdom (as He obviously did last night to Romney!). WE MUST CONTINUE PRAYING AND FASTING UNTIL THE ELECTION!

Oct 4th 2012 new
This is hilarious. It was made today in Taiwan with their reporting on the debate last night.

www.youtube.com
Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Jim-624621 said: This is hilarious. It was made today in Taiwan with their reporting on the debate last night. http...
(Quote) Jim-624621 said: This is hilarious. It was made today in Taiwan with their reporting on the debate last night.

www.youtube.com
--hide--

I guess we know what another one of our neglected allies think of Obama the self proclaimed savior.

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: Al Gore blames Obama's poor debate performance on altitude sickness (oxygen deprivation)<...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

Al Gore blames Obama's poor debate performance on altitude sickness (oxygen deprivation), since Denver is at 5000 feet elevation. Apparently Romney had the advantage because he did his debate preparation in Denver and had more time to acclimate.

Watch the video of Al Gore's comment on his "Current TV" program...

www.newser.com

Also in the Washington Post:

www.washingtonpost.com

I'm surprised that Al didn't blame Obama's performance on Global Warming... as he does with just about everything else.

Ed

--hide--

I would have hated to see how this country would have turned out if bumbling idiot like Gore made it into office. He can't put 2 + 2 together and figure out that Obama's been hopping on AF1, pressurized to 10,000ft almost daily, non-stop for the past year in his "500 day" campaign plan and seems no worse for the wear. Yet at half that altitude for a few hours he has a problem? Maybe it was the rapid decent, more synonomous with the bends he was experiencing. laughing

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: Al Gore blames Obama's poor debate performance on altitude sickness (oxygen deprivation)<...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

Al Gore blames Obama's poor debate performance on altitude sickness (oxygen deprivation), since Denver is at 5000 feet elevation. Apparently Romney had the advantage because he did his debate preparation in Denver and had more time to acclimate.Watch the video of Al Gore's comment on his "Current TV" program...

www.newser.com

www.washingtonpost.com

I'm surprised that Al didn't blame Obama's performance on Global Warming... as he does with just about everything else.

Ed

--hide--

Blaming Obama's performance on the altitude is as silly as blaming Nixon's sweating and lack of a shave for his loss to Kennedy in their debate. Although those two factors might have had an effect it was only because his performance in the debate was so bad that the sweat made his failure look worse than it really was.

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Jim-624621 said: I actually was planning on NOT watching the debate, but curiosity got the best of me. All I can say is tha...
(Quote) Jim-624621 said: I actually was planning on NOT watching the debate, but curiosity got the best of me. All I can say is that if Mitt Romney does actually defeat BHO, I hope that he actually lives up to his stated goal of protecting our founding documents, the US Constitution and Declaration of Independence, as he clearly asserted in last night's debate. Always, these career politicians reference the Constitution, even as they are gutting it.

If he repeals Obamacare and leaves its application to the states, THAT would be following the Constitution, and as he stated, allowing free competition across state lines between competing medical insurance companies. Competition always drives prices down.

If he balances the budget every year, and eliminates the deficit, THAT would be following the Constitution and the example set by our founding generations. Our nation being $16 Trillion in the hole at birth is not the way we should be starting out our children's lives.

If he continues the policies of globalist expansion in a close relationship with the UN (which never seems to get discussed in these types of debates), then we are no better off with Romney than with Obama. Certainly, at this point, rational people prefer Romney over Obama. We will see what happens on November 6th. There are many people on government assistance who don't care about debates or even principles; they only care about their free stuff from the government.

--hide--

More comments on the debate below. Glad you watched Jim!

www.nationalreview.com

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: (Quote) ED-20630 said: Al Gore blames Obama's poor debate perfo...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Quote:
ED-20630 said:

Al Gore blames Obama's poor debate performance on altitude sickness (oxygen deprivation), since Denver is at 5000 feet elevation. Apparently Romney had the advantage because he did his debate preparation in Denver and had more time to acclimate.Watch the video of Al Gore's comment on his "Current TV" program...

www.newser.com

www.washingtonpost.com

Ed

Blaming Obama's performance on the altitude is as silly as blaming Nixon's sweating and lack of a shave for his loss to Kennedy in their debate. Although those two factors might have had an effect it was only because his performance in the debate was so bad that the sweat made his failure look worse than it really was.

--hide--

I saw that what a laugh! Hasn't BO debated in Denver in the past?

Oct 4th 2012 new

Perhaps Obama could get disability payments from the government.... because his job requires that he frequently work at different elevations. scratchchin faint

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Jim-624621 said: This is hilarious. It was made today in Taiwan with their reporting on the debate last night. http...
(Quote) Jim-624621 said: This is hilarious. It was made today in Taiwan with their reporting on the debate last night.

www.youtube.com
--hide--

This was great, Jim. laughing Almost as entertaining as the debate.

- Elizabeth

Posts 51 - 60 of 150