Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

10/14/2012 new

(Quote) Geoffrey-901219 said: After a couple years of pondering, I've come to the tenative conclusion that under the pri...
(Quote) Geoffrey-901219 said:

After a couple years of pondering, I've come to the tenative conclusion that under the principle of Lex Orandi Lex Credendi conscious liturgical abuse is basically the same as and should be addressed with the same alacrity and severity as public declaration of heresy. I'm looking for input and discussion on both sides of this if possible to facilitate further crystalization of this issue in my head. Thanks for the input.

--hide--

Let me stir the puddin' with the Mother of all Bad Liturgies. They had a Mass and the Circus waltzed on by!

caelumetterra.wordpress.com

From liturgical abuse and heretical worship, Lord God deliver us! Praying theheart

10/15/2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Let me stir the puddin' with the Mother of all Bad Liturgies. They had a Mass and the Circus...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

Let me stir the puddin' with the Mother of all Bad Liturgies. They had a Mass and the Circus waltzed on by!

caelumetterra.wordpress.com

From liturgical abuse and heretical worship, Lord God deliver us!

--hide--

I saw at least one Miter there, so a Bishop gave his approval to this.

What can one expect since the "staging' of the ordinary form of the Mass appears as if it had been given to the Choreographers of Italian Comic Opera to design.

And if I am not mistaken, did not the Pope (can't remember if it was JPII or Benedict) celebrate a special Mass for Circus Performers who were all present in their costumes. I don't think that the celebration itself was over the top like this one.

Of course, circus performers in their customs attending a special Mass celebrated for them is not as bad as the clowns we see attending Mass as if they just came off the beach, or some old, wrinkled, fat guy coming to mass wearing the men's shorts in style today that don't even look good on young men in good condition.

Posts 21 - 22 of 22