Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

10/15/2012 new

There is no set time period within which you should ask for a date. If you like the person and are interested in her, what better way to show it than to ask her out for coffee or something!!!!!! Good luck!!! :) wave fluffy

10/15/2012 new

(Quote) Nessa-101876 said: There is no set time period within which you should ask for a date. If you like the person and ar...
(Quote) Nessa-101876 said:

There is no set time period within which you should ask for a date. If you like the person and are interested in her, what better way to show it than to ask her out for coffee or something!!!!!! Good luck!!! :)

--hide--

Totally agree with this...

10/16/2012 new

(Quote) Karin-903829 said: After 3-4 messages, I say go for it and ask to meet for coffee :) After Talking for a week or more onlin...
(Quote) Karin-903829 said: After 3-4 messages, I say go for it and ask to meet for coffee :) After Talking for a week or more online, you run outta things to say.
--hide--

So true! I've had a few conversations that just went on forever online, and the person never took the next step to ask for coffee or a phone number. Eventually those conversations just fizzled out. If you feel like it's right, make the leap and ask!

10/16/2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: (Quote) Patrick-899707 said: What would use say about women that you meet...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

Quote:
Patrick-899707 said:

What would use say about women that you meet in person that your interested in?

Ask them for coffee immediately!

--hide--

Ahhh, I'd add one little condition to that: make sure the woman is single before you ask her anywhere. You need to be on the same page about the intentions of your coffee meetings.

10/16/2012 new

Patrick, Yes it is important to start the process of getting to know each other with any person of interest. In this case it is an online initiation. But after a week or two of communicating, continue to get to know each other but with a face to face approach. If you are responding daily or more than once per day, then 1 week is plenty. But remember you are still at the get to know each other stage. So coffee, or day activities like festivals or group activities. You will know right away if the chemestry is there. If there is chemestry, then DATE, DATE, DATE. The sooner you start, the sooner your relationship will have the opportunity to grow. If it is not going to work out, it would be better to find out asap and getting together will quickly determine if you are a match. Hope this helps, Susan

10/17/2012 new

I personally
think if you are chatting or messaging and have a connection that the guy
should just ask you out. I mean how can you really tell you and the other
person are right for each other until you meet in person. Over the PC is way
different meeting some one then in person and I think it should be done as soon
as you think hey I like this person we have stuff incomin why not meet and see
where this goes.

10/17/2012 new

Right away. Face to face is the only way.

10/17/2012 new

I say don't wait too long. I have found that if you communicate online too long they may lose interest. Ask for a face to face meeting after 1-2 times after you talk. If the online communication seems interesting you want to meet that person face to face.

10/17/2012 new
First off has anyone ever told you that you kind of look like Dr. Oz?

Second I say the sooner the better.
10/26/2012 new

(Quote) Patrick-899707 said: Im curious for the opinion of the ladies out there. How soon do you like to be asked out for th...
(Quote) Patrick-899707 said:

Im curious for the opinion of the ladies out there. How soon do you like to be asked out for the first date? My friend and his wife tell me that, "Women just like to be asked out" and that there is not a real time period. I think its better to form some sort of friendship/relaionship before. What do you think?

--hide--

I agree with the ladies who say that sooner is better. After exchanging a few messages ask the other person about her comfort level with meeting. Some take a little while to warm up to the idea, typically people who are new to online dating--and it's probably not you, it's just initial shyness. However, if you drag it out too long the lady will think you have no interest in meeting and will look elsewhere. I have had people write to me for two years and never suggest a meeting. I don't take them very seriously and it's never turned out to be a good situation--these people are not on here to meet, they're just on here for something to do in their free time. If someone hasn't asked me out in the first month or so of communicating I pretty much figure it's not going to happen and continue looking at others.

Posts 11 - 20 of 22