Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

10/20/2012 new

Having a party is one thing, and that is not a bad idea, but you would need to include both men and women. Sounds like you are just wanting a smorgasbord to pick and choose from nice if you can get away with it. I don't see too many women going for that idea, but I could be wrong. If you can not afford to have a party, why not just host a BYOB and everyone bring a snack item. That way it keeps the cost down.

10/20/2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Gee. Frankly, I would prefer not to be told outri...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Gee. Frankly, I would prefer not to be told outright that his coffee invitation was part of a wide fishing process. Intellectually, I can understand the intention, but emotionally, I would feel minimized as an individual and pressured as on a job interview. Somehow, I can envision a party thrown where a lot of people get together "to have fun and meet people" makes the difference, even though the same process would be occurring there as on the coffee dates. However, I don't care much for parties, unless I'm the one throwing one--because then I have a role of setting out food and stacking chairs and making sure everyone is set; I'm not sitting impotent in a crowd. That's an uncomfortable feeling for me.

--hide--
I understand that you'd "prefer not to be told outright that his coffee invitation was part of a wide fishing process", the question is not whether this is it better than a party for meeting a lot of people face-to-face, but whether it is better than no alternative at all. Remember also that the man equally expects that he is likely to be of no more interest to the woman than if he were just one of the many men she spoke with briefly at a party. Doing little to nothing about finding a way to meet a lot of people is a situation we already have. Is there any substitute for parties that will pass some women's cost-benefit analysis so that they'd see a less-than-a-party benefit as still worthwhile?

Since Catholic Match is already a very "wide fishing process", why not increase the odds of catching some cods? scratchchin goldfish Gone Fishing!

Here's the deal. Let's get reel! mischievous

10/20/2012 new

(Quote) Sharon-885911 said: Having a party is one thing, and that is not a bad idea, but you would need to include both men ...
(Quote) Sharon-885911 said:

Having a party is one thing, and that is not a bad idea, but you would need to include both men and women. Sounds like you are just wanting a smorgasbord to pick and choose from nice if you can get away with it. I don't see too many women going for that idea, but I could be wrong. If you can not afford to have a party, why not just host a BYOB and everyone bring a snack item. That way it keeps the cost down.

--hide--
I'm looking for a gorgeous board, but a smorgasbord will do. mischievous

10/20/2012 new

John you are so funny. You live in New York so there has got to be an easy way for you to meet the lady of your dreams. I agree parties are a lot of work, and if you are busy being a host you might not be able to single out the ones you really want to meet. I don't know what your criteria is in finding a mate. You may be like me I am picky and I will admit it. I live in the mid west, and women are probably different here. Buy a dog and go to the dog parks in the city there are probably a lot of unattached women there. There is a lot of culture in New York. You might meet someone in a gallery or museum. If you can afford it, hire a match-maker I hear that they have them in New York. See I am just full of ideas for you...lol

10/20/2012 new

No John you are looking for a gorgeous "broad".

10/20/2012 new

(Quote) Sharon-885911 said: No John you are looking for a gorgeous "broad".

No John you are looking for a gorgeous "broad".

--hide--
Sharon, I thought it better to just write "board" and let people's imaginations (suspicions? shhh ) work on it. If I had written "broad", some of the women might have been irretrievably offended and written me off forever (broadly speaking) or run over me the next time I go to Manhattan and try to walk across Broadway, which will likely be tomorrow night. eyebrow

John

10/20/2012 new

(Quote) Sharon-885911 said: John you are so funny. You live in New York so there has got to be an easy way for you to meet t...

John you are so funny. You live in New York so there has got to be an easy way for you to meet the lady of your dreams. I agree parties are a lot of work, and if you are busy being a host you might not be able to single out the ones you really want to meet. I don't know what your criteria is in finding a mate. You may be like me I am picky and I will admit it. I live in the mid west, and women are probably different here. Buy a dog and go to the dog parks in the city there are probably a lot of unattached women there. There is a lot of culture in New York. You might meet someone in a gallery or museum. If you can afford it, hire a match-maker I hear that they have them in New York. See I am just full of ideas for you...lol

--hide--
Sharon, For practical reasons I wouldn't own a dog, but that approach-by-pooch idea is interesting. I wonder how many married couples met through dogs. It make you paws, doesn't it? I think I'd flea.

John

10/20/2012 new

Well John we wouldn't want someone to run over you as are crossing Broadway tomorrow.

Seriously I read your profile a while ago you have a great sense of humor I can't imagine why you have not connected with anyone. I could be totally wrong here (I have been wrong before) that some women shy away from the never married men.

Probably not in NYC, but have you ever come accross someone that you saw their profile on a dating site? I used to be on another dating site, and I have recognized people from there when I have been out.

10/20/2012 new

(Quote) Sharon-885911 said: Well John we wouldn't want someone to run over you as are crossing Broadway tomorrow.

Well John we wouldn't want someone to run over you as are crossing Broadway tomorrow.

Seriously I read your profile a while ago you have a great sense of humor I can't imagine why you have not connected with anyone. I could be totally wrong here (I have been wrong before) that some women shy away from the never married men.

Probably not in NYC, but have you ever come accross someone that you saw their profile on a dating site? I used to be on another dating site, and I have recognized people from there when I have been out.

--hide--
Sharon, I saw a woman in Church, but I only recognized her from her attrending a CM event. I saw a woman in a subway, but I only recognized her from her attrending a CM event also.

Posts 31 - 39 of 39