Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 24th 2013 new
Cathy, I most definitely wouldn't call it vaccine paranoia unless you have some evidence of this? I would be very interested to read any you have. I have worked in the area of ASDs for 15 years from a scientific perspective and Jenny McCarthy is bang on in her stance and research. Whatever else she is / has done (I agree with comments above) she is very much a hero in the world of autism. Can I ask on what empirical evidence you based your vaccine paranoia comment on?
Jan 24th 2013 new

Wow. I found the article many things, but most of all sad! There is obviously a deep wound or insecurity - something in need of healing - that drives that kind of ongoing behavior. At the end when she describes herself and keeps using the word "amazing", I couldn't help but wonder if she really believes that . . . or if it is what she tells her self to cover the brokenness. Whether or not she is aware of that or what her culpability is in all her behavior, I have no idea. But we can certainly pray for her and those in a similar situation.

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: abcnews.go.com.
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said:

abcnews.go.com

Did anyone else read this story and cringe? Certainly not judging her - we all must make our own decisions on this life journey we're on. But it saddens me that some girls may hold her up as a role model, both of beauty or success or whatever, and then also think, "oh wow, she's got God, too, so everything she does must be ok!"

In today's culture, where modesty is dying quicker than a non-blu-ray DVD player, how do we teach young women to value their beauty and their bodies with modesty, to help them see that by doing so they are glorifying God for His creation and helping young men to walk with more virtue, when people like Jenny McCarthy are talking about their great success & wonderful Catholic background....and their baring all for anyone's viewing?

It was wonderful to read how she helped her parents, and how she cares for her son. It just makes me so sad to see our faith broadcasted this way when the media is already anti-Catholic.

What are your thoughts?

--hide--
I commented under the story under "Pete Repete."

Posts 21 - 23 of 23