Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Stephen-725391 said: Is location a DEAL BREAKER for you?
(Quote) Stephen-725391 said:

Is location a DEAL BREAKER for you?

--hide--

Yes, I own a house and want to own it for some time longer. . . .

Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: uh....speaking of island, John Lennon's island is up for sale!!!!http://w...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

uh....speaking of island, John Lennon's island is up for sale!!!!

www.bloomberg.com

--hide--

Wow, $384,000, that's super cheap! Who's in with me???

Oct 10th 2012 new
I have always lived in the suburbs but if I could sell my house, I would love to live in a city. I think it would be great to be within walking distance of restaurants and shops. And I must admit, I'm getting tired of being the only woman outside doing lawn work on weekends!
Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: uh....speaking of island, John Lennon's island is up for sale!!!!http://w...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

uh....speaking of island, John Lennon's island is up for sale!!!!

www.bloomberg.com

--hide--

Since Cindy posted this, she's disappeared from CM.
scratchchin I wonder if she went and bought that island after all.....Imagine!

Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Jason-55847 said: City, country ,town, suburbs,rural? and why?
(Quote) Jason-55847 said:

City, country ,town, suburbs,rural? and why?

--hide--

Good question, Jason. My answer is wherever God wants me to be. It's the only way I can be able to be at peace. Right now it is on the bluff in the mountains. Tomorrow...I don't know yet.

- Elizabeth

Oct 10th 2012 new
All things being equal, I would prefer country living. Must be a Garden of Eden thing.
Oct 11th 2012 new
Definitely country or coastal (lake or ocean).
Oct 11th 2012 new
I am a city girl at heart. I enjoy the convenience of having a vibrant culture and amenities right at your fingertips. I think the quiet and expanseness of the country or rural area will drive me crazy. laughing
Oct 11th 2012 new

--hide--

Country! I grew up in a small town, lived in a European capital city during a study abroad in high school, and now live in a very small city. Although I love the art, culture, and music available in the big city, I could never live there permanently. I don't want to wake up and see sky-scrapers every morning. Even where I live now, on the edge of a downtown area, all I see is cement, and when I open my windows all I hear is noise pollution. I would like to live in the country. I love the smell of fresh air and wild flowers (and sometimes even manure!) and waking up to the rooster's crow. My grandparents lived in a big yellow farm house on top of a hill and I loved the views while eating breakfast, and when sitting on the porch reading a book. I also enjoyed the sounds of birds chirping and of tractors coming down the dirt road! And to run outside and feel free! Love it!

Oct 11th 2012 new

--hide--

I live in the country, though I grew up in the city. The city is crowded and I hate traffic. In the mornings, I can look out my window and see fox or deer prancing around on my property. Once I saw a doe and her fawn and the fawn was running round and round around one of my oak trees. I can still see it in my head like it was yesterday. The fawn was just being a kid, and the doe was happy to let it be so.

One day the dollar is going to fail, and when it does, all of the people living in the cities are going to have a problem with food, water, and safety. I don't plan to put myself right in the middle of that. I like being where I can see someone coming to my house from a long way off.

I would never want to live in a crowded city now, and I am used to having to drive to get places, but there is never any traffic, so driving is pleasant. I go into town a couple of times a week for mass and acolyte practice, and that is enough for me, at least since I am by myself anyway...

Posts 51 - 60 of 67