Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Debbie-514749 said: Oh sorry.... I posted without reading the entire thread. The book I mentioned is good for a coup...
(Quote) Debbie-514749 said:

Oh sorry.... I posted without reading the entire thread. The book I mentioned is good for a couple who are seriously exploring their long term potential, probably not for when you're first getting to know someone. But it does have some very good thoughts on what we would ultimately need to know before making any commitments. It's also good for learning about oneself & where one personally stands on a lot of important issues. Knowing yourself enables you to know others more deeply...

--hide--

Your post is fine and fits the thread nicely. It enriches the thread and offers sound advice.

Oct 9th 2012 new
I met someone on CM recently. We agreed to talk on the phone. Four days and 50 calls and 1000 texts later (all calls and texts by her to me), I felt I knew all there was to know about her without having asked a single question! I felt totally suffocated and smothered without having even met her. Granted, I know this isn't the norm, but sheesh!
Oct 9th 2012 new

Pat, I have been told on a first date..

Lets go see your mother.
Do you own your house?
How did you finance your education?

I think that that would be something to be concerned about.

Oct 9th 2012 new
(Quote) Paul-850415 said: I met someone on CM recently. We agreed to talk on the phone. Four days and 50 calls and 1000 texts later (all ca...
(Quote) Paul-850415 said: I met someone on CM recently. We agreed to talk on the phone. Four days and 50 calls and 1000 texts later (all calls and texts by her to me), I felt I knew all there was to know about her without having asked a single question! I felt totally suffocated and smothered without having even met her. Granted, I know this isn't the norm, but sheesh!
--hide--

laughing She had the wedding date picked out too, I bet...
Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-850415 said: I met someone on CM recently. We agreed to talk on the phone. Four days and 50 calls and 1000 texts later...
(Quote) Paul-850415 said: I met someone on CM recently. We agreed to talk on the phone. Four days and 50 calls and 1000 texts later (all calls and texts by her to me), I felt I knew all there was to know about her without having asked a single question! I felt totally suffocated and smothered without having even met her. Granted, I know this isn't the norm, but sheesh!
--hide--

Wow- That explains a problem. Did she learn anything about you, and if so, what?

Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Jim-624621 said: (Quote) Paul-850415 said: I met someone on CM recently. We agreed to talk on the phone. Fo...
(Quote) Jim-624621 said:
Quote:
Paul-850415 said: I met someone on CM recently. We agreed to talk on the phone. Four days and 50 calls and 1000 texts later (all calls and texts by her to me), I felt I knew all there was to know about her without having asked a single question! I felt totally suffocated and smothered without having even met her. Granted, I know this isn't the norm, but sheesh!

She had the wedding date picked out too, I bet...
--hide--

Give her a break, she has to use up a dress she already has! duck

Oct 9th 2012 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Give her a break, she has to use up a dress she already has!
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Give her a break, she has to use up a dress she already has!

--hide--

Yes, and my tuxedo is getting eaten by vicious moths... laughing
Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Jim-624621 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Give her a break, she has to use up a dress she ...
(Quote) Jim-624621 said:
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Give her a break, she has to use up a dress she already has!

Yes, and my tuxedo is getting eaten by vicious moths...
--hide--

Maybe you should have it treated just in case!!!!! or boxed present

Oct 9th 2012 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Maybe you should have it treated just in case!!!!! or boxed
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Maybe you should have it treated just in case!!!!! or boxed

--hide--

I could do that, Marian, but I still like to wear it especially around Mardi Gras time. Check out the new photo I added in my profile in my tux. wave
Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Debbie-514749 said: A very good idea book for exploring relationships is "101 Questions to ask Before You Get E...
(Quote) Debbie-514749 said:

A very good idea book for exploring relationships is "101 Questions to ask Before You Get Engaged" by H. Norman Wright... Mr. Wright is a Christian marriage councelor who has compiled a very revealing list of things that people who are married know about one another, but would be extremely helpful to know before you say "I do". My LDR friend & I agreed to use this in our nightly conversations & it always served to move us to deeper levels. It was nice to have an outside source for direction too, as it sort of takes away the prying aspect, & both of us were free to decide if the question was worth our time...

I have to admit, I'm not very good at asking questions, but this is something I am slowly learning here on CM. It's been quite the experience, this foray into Catholic online dating, but I know Our Lord & the Body of Christ, (i.e. the wonderful people on here), are teaching me what it takes to develope solid, healthy relationships...

--hide--

Debbie, It spounds like a great book!

I have a guy friend who is 20 years my junior and he married a lady he thought was ok, (I am guessing...)without asking questions. He started to spend holidays with her and I am guessing that during the process he thought he knew her well enough. Last May or June they married. He and she married by a justice of the peace because they did not go through Catholic marriage preparation. Now he is filing divorce papers and is afraid no woman will want to marry him in the future because he will be divorced when this plays out.

My topic is very important for men lf all ages and stages.

It makes me sad to hear what a mistake he made, .....and with his eyes open. sad

Posts 101 - 110 of 200