Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

10/10/2012 new

(Quote) Paul-850415 said: Yes! I taught her how to make Thai peanut dipping sauce from scratch. Awesome for spring rolls!
(Quote) Paul-850415 said: Yes! I taught her how to make Thai peanut dipping sauce from scratch. Awesome for spring rolls!
--hide--
Paul, may I ask you a question? (I am going to assume your answer is yes.) Would you give me the recipe? yum, yum!! biggrin

10/10/2012 new
Andrew, what if the woman asks YOU questions--do you feel she is prying when she does that? And what if she asks you, "So, what would you like to talk about? Is there anything you'd like to know about me?" Does that repel you?
10/10/2012 new

(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: I am not usually one to ask questions-- I feel as though I'm being nosy or prying. Since I am a goo...
(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: I am not usually one to ask questions-- I feel as though I'm being nosy or prying. Since I am a good listener, I feel more comfortable just listening until I learn what I want to know. I find that if I listen long enough, people open up to me and tell me anything that might interest me.
--hide--

Thank you Andrew for sharing. Welcome to the forums. I hope you post more often!

10/10/2012 new

(Quote) Barbara-337980 said: Paul, may I ask you a question? (I am going to assume your answer is yes.) Would you give me th...
(Quote) Barbara-337980 said:

Paul, may I ask you a question? (I am going to assume your answer is yes.) Would you give me the recipe? yum, yum!!

--hide--

I actually want the recipe too!!!!! wink

10/10/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: women have conditioned us not to ask questions. when a man asks a woman a question, chances are s...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

women have conditioned us not to ask questions. when a man asks a woman a question, chances are she'll light into him and he'll never know what hit him.

--hide--

David we can see you are in a positive mode towards woman in this thread wide eyed You better be careful you may scare some of them off laughing

10/10/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: why would i get mad? oh, no doubt i'm guilty of stirring up the women by pointin...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

why would i get mad? oh, no doubt i'm guilty of stirring up the women by pointing out some of the less flattering characteristics of their gender on these forums. much of it is joking which goes undetected and is seen as anger. some of it is bitter and angry because of the monumentally ridiculous stone-age attitudes some of my dear sisters in faith exhibit in these threads.

--hide--

That doesn't endear women to you David - haven't the men figured that out yet. I guess you referrng to the woman who believe in the teachings of the Church - Maybe match.com you will find woman of more contemporary attitude and not some the stone age women you exhibit on CM.

10/10/2012 new
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Andrew, what if the woman asks YOU questions--do you feel she is prying when she does that? And what if she asks y...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Andrew, what if the woman asks YOU questions--do you feel she is prying when she does that? And what if she asks you, "So, what would you like to talk about? Is there anything you'd like to know about me?" Does that repel you?
--hide--
No, I am fairly open. I'll try to answer any question. I know that sounds lopsided; I'm just explaining how I feel.
10/10/2012 new

Actually, Kansas City was originally totally in Kansas. When heading west on the Santa Fe Trail (originally) they would cross the Missouri River then immediately camp, waiting until the next day or the rest of their train to cross before beginning the trek. The whole area became known as Kansas City.

Also the eastern state line of Kansas was originally supposed to go all the way north and encompass that diagonal of Missouri. Various political concerns weighed in changing the line. The most important one was having as much of a navigable river within your state (Missouri) as possible and not exclude it from another (Kansas).

The funny thing for us living in Kansas, is that most of Kansas City, including the airport, the football/baseball stadiums are in Missouri. The dumb thing is that Kansans in the area voted to raise a sales tax that goes to Missoui. We are nothing if not gullible.

10/10/2012 new

(Quote) Bernie-350671 said: Actually, Kansas City was originally totally in Kansas. When heading west on the Santa Fe Trail ...
(Quote) Bernie-350671 said:

Actually, Kansas City was originally totally in Kansas. When heading west on the Santa Fe Trail (originally) they would cross the Missouri River then immediately camp, waiting until the next day or the rest of their train to cross before beginning the trek. The whole area became known as Kansas City.

Also the eastern state line of Kansas was originally supposed to go all the way north and encompass that diagonal of Missouri. Various political concerns weighed in changing the line. The most important one was having as much of a navigable river within your state (Missouri) as possible and not exclude it from another (Kansas).

The funny thing for us living in Kansas, is that most of Kansas City, including the airport, the football/baseball stadiums are in Missouri. The dumb thing is that Kansans in the area voted to raise a sales tax that goes to Missoui. We are nothing if not gullible.

--hide--

How do you feel about Judy Garland? Any reaction?

10/10/2012 new

(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: (Quote) Lina-796057 said: Andrew, what if the woman asks YOU questions--do you feel she...
(Quote) Andrew-290721 said:
Quote:
Lina-796057 said: Andrew, what if the woman asks YOU questions--do you feel she is prying when she does that? And what if she asks you, "So, what would you like to talk about? Is there anything you'd like to know about me?" Does that repel you?

No, I am fairly open. I'll try to answer any question. I know that sounds lopsided; I'm just explaining how I feel.
--hide--

Andrew again thanks for posting. I hope you will keep posting because you are welcome here. You also may find very interesting political discussionsat this time in Current Events and Culture room which is dedicated to St Thomas More, My favorite saint, or one of them.

Posts 151 - 160 of 200