Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Bernie-350671 said: Actually, Kansas City was originally totally in Kansas. When heading west on the Santa Fe Trail ...
(Quote) Bernie-350671 said:

Actually, Kansas City was originally totally in Kansas. When heading west on the Santa Fe Trail (originally) they would cross the Missouri River then immediately camp, waiting until the next day or the rest of their train to cross before beginning the trek. The whole area became known as Kansas City.

Also the eastern state line of Kansas was originally supposed to go all the way north and encompass that diagonal of Missouri. Various political concerns weighed in changing the line. The most important one was having as much of a navigable river within your state (Missouri) as possible and not exclude it from another (Kansas).

The funny thing for us living in Kansas, is that most of Kansas City, including the airport, the football/baseball stadiums are in Missouri. The dumb thing is that Kansans in the area voted to raise a sales tax that goes to Missoui. We are nothing if not gullible.

--hide--

Who wrote "Im Goin To Kansas City..KansasCity Where I'm From.." ?

Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Who wrote "Im Goin To Kansas City..KansasCity Where I'm From.." ?
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Who wrote "Im Goin To Kansas City..KansasCity Where I'm From.." ?

--hide--

Lieber & Stoller, sung by Wilbert Harrison. www.youtube.com

Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: No, I am fairly open. I'll try to answer any question. I know that sounds lopsided; I'm just ex...
(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: No, I am fairly open. I'll try to answer any question. I know that sounds lopsided; I'm just explaining how I feel.
--hide--

Yes, thank you for answering; I appreciate that you shared.
I hope you didn't take my questioning your post as offensive. I have my unique perspectives on things, and while I can be quite empathetic, sometimes I need help in understanding different points of view.

Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-25961 said: That doesn't endear women to you David - haven't the men figured that out yet. I gu...
(Quote) Mary-25961 said:

That doesn't endear women to you David - haven't the men figured that out yet. I guess you referrng to the woman who believe in the teachings of the Church - Maybe match.com you will find woman of more contemporary attitude and not some the stone age women you exhibit on CM.

--hide--

why would i feel the need to endear myself to women?

why does everyone assume that since i razz the women who trumpet their virtue that i somehow do not applaud the same virtues when used in a healthy and proper manner? i love virtue; i can't bear virtucrats.

Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-25961 said: David we can see you are in a positive mode towards woman in this thread You better be care...
(Quote) Mary-25961 said:

David we can see you are in a positive mode towards woman in this thread You better be careful you may scare some of them off

--hide--

now you're catching on. that's the whole idea.

Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: why does everyone assume that since i razz the women who trumpet their virtue
(Quote) David-364112 said:

why does everyone assume that since i razz the women who trumpet their virtue

--hide--

The problem -- well, one of the problems -- is that more often than not the people you're razzing are those who are promoting virtue, not trumpeting their own virtue. Two very different things. Sadly, even when you have valid points to make they're often lost amidst the bitter, caustic tone and demeaning, inflammatory rhetoric.

You'd be doing yourself and the rest of us a favor if you'd join a gym and vent your frustrations on a punching bag instead of the forum participants.

Oct 11th 2012 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: The sauce sounds good. Did the two of you ever meet?
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

The sauce sounds good.

Did the two of you ever meet?

--hide--

No, we didn't meet....It was feeling very "fatal attraction" - I had become very uncomfortable. When I politely made my way to the exits, she went OFF on me!
Oct 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-850415 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: The sauce sounds good. Did the two of y...
(Quote) Paul-850415 said:
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

The sauce sounds good.

Did the two of you ever meet?

No, we didn't meet....It was feeling very "fatal attraction" - I had become very uncomfortable. When I politely made my way to the exits, she went OFF on me!
--hide--

Good for you for getting away! THAT was the movie I had in mind!!!

Oct 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Barbara-337980 said: Paul, may I ask you a question? (I am going to assume your answer is yes.) Would you give me th...
(Quote) Barbara-337980 said:

Paul, may I ask you a question? (I am going to assume your answer is yes.) Would you give me the recipe? yum, yum!!

--hide--
People put dipping sauce on their thais???? scratchchin rolling eyes

(Maybe it helps muscle strain???)

Oct 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: The problem -- well, one of the problems -- is that more often than not the people you're razz...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

The problem -- well, one of the problems -- is that more often than not the people you're razzing are those who are promoting virtue, not trumpeting their own virtue. Two very different things. Sadly, even when you have valid points to make they're often lost amidst the bitter, caustic tone and demeaning, inflammatory rhetoric.

You'd be doing yourself and the rest of us a favor if you'd join a gym and vent your frustrations on a punching bag instead of the forum participants.

--hide--

some people give virtue a bad name. make it so awfully unappealing that they inadvertently serve the wrong master while trying to do good.

a gym? heaven forbid!!

Posts 161 - 170 of 200