Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-850415 said: (Quote) Maia-181886 said: That sounds really good! Is it ...
(Quote) Paul-850415 said:
Quote:
Maia-181886 said:

That sounds really good! Is it difficult to make? Does it take long? Can you make it super spicy?

(Seriously I want to know, but thought I would throw in a few good questions for ya

It's not difficult to make whatsoever - it just takes awhile (45 minutes to an hour) because it's cooked on a lower heat. I'm sure it can be made pretty spicy, but the main flavor to be discerned from this recipe is the peanut flavor, with some "pop" from the soy and ginger.

--hide--

That's not bad. Here's another question: does this sauce go well with California rolls?

Oct 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Maia-181886 said: That's not bad. Here's another question: does this sauce go well with California rolls...
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

That's not bad. Here's another question: does this sauce go well with California rolls?

--hide--

I've not had it with the Cal rolls, but as I sit here "tasting" it in my imagination, I think it would be really good! That's a great idea!
Oct 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Maia-181886 said: I seriously want to know, but I just wanted to say that questions on a date can be as simple as ...
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

I seriously want to know, but I just wanted to say that questions on a date can be as simple as those above and can help break the ice hopefully leading to more engaging conversation. Although, heck, I'm Mexican... we're all about the food!

--hide--

Mai, besides loving to cook, I'm also very inquisitive, dying to ask an endless list of questions. As such, your occupation interests me very much, so I wish to ask if you'd elaborate and tell me more about what you do. As I wait for your reply, I'll dig up some delightful super spicy recipes for both burritos and chili that are perfect for cold winter evenings, and served with a smooth glass of California Cabernet Sauvignon, from, say, one of the great wineries of the central coast.
Oct 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-850415 said: (Quote) Maia-181886 said: I seriously want to know, but I just wanted to say that ...
(Quote) Paul-850415 said:
Quote:
Maia-181886 said:

I seriously want to know, but I just wanted to say that questions on a date can be as simple as those above and can help break the ice hopefully leading to more engaging conversation. Although, heck, I'm Mexican... we're all about the food!

Mai, besides loving to cook, I'm also very inquisitive, dying to ask an endless list of questions. As such, your occupation interests me very much, so I wish to ask if you'd elaborate and tell me more about what you do. As I wait for your reply, I'll dig up some delightful super spicy recipes for both burritos and chili that are perfect for cold winter evenings, and served with a smooth glass of California Cabernet Sauvignon, from, say, one of the great wineries of the central coast.

--hide--

Well, I must say... I absolutely love Cabernet! It's my favorite. How did you know? scratchchin Battling eyelashes And who taught you to cook? Chef

I would love any recipes for super spicy burritos and chili. Want to be prepared for when young nephews visit. hug

As to what I do, currently I work part-time (it's actually more like full-time), caring for my parents, mostly mom who has dementia as dad is still sharp and feisty at 88. Before that I worked in broadcast news as a reporter, newscast producer, video editor, news anchor. My most recent gig was here in L.A. When asked what I do, normally I answer 'I'm a reporter.' Doesn't matter if I'm being paid as one or not. It's who I am.

Fortunately, my layoff coincided with dad no longer driving and both parents needing eye surgeries which often required several doctor appointments per week, so I was available to shuttle them to and fro and care for them.

In addition to being blessed with 'parenting' my parents, I'm working to market my skills on a freelance basis.

Hope I answered your questions? And hope Marian doesn't mind a brief hijack of her thread... but I guess we can argue we're providing an example of questions people can ask... (Hope both Marian and Jerry bought that one!) wave

Oct 12th 2012 new

scratchchin Paul, sounds like maybe you should invite Maia to CM Phoenix.... wink

Oct 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Paul, sounds like maybe you should invite Maia to CM Phoenix....
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Paul, sounds like maybe you should invite Maia to CM Phoenix....

--hide--

That would be so fun! clap Would be fun to meet all the Phoenix folks including you Lina! wave

Although I'm not sure I could make it now, it's nice to be considered. biggrin

Oct 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Peter! When I read your discourse somewhere here months ago about being in a relationship...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Peter! When I read your discourse somewhere here months ago about being in a relationship- I figured you were safely on your way.
What you have shared here is that
1. men are afraid to move the relationship to the next level.
2.They feel that by asking questions they will rock the boat.

Both good bits of information for us to know.
Guys note what peter shared...

Peter, Is there no way you can get back on board with this woman? Maybe she was not into Catholicism to the extent that you need? Perhaps due to that- she is nto the one for you? More comments?

You landed in the Friend Zone? You are sure?

Of course at this age we don't want to move too fast, assuming we know we should rush in- but we do need to discuss and check things out to see if there is any possibility---- YES.

This could be done by asking questions...

--hide--
I agree with you, princess Marian .... great post, by the way.

I think sometimes the men don't ask questions for two reasons .... (1) they're really not interested in what we have to say because they (the men) are so involved in their own lives (self-absorbed) and think that life revolves around them; and (2) they've been raised not to ask questions .... don't pry ! eyepopping

Well, if one doesn't ask questions, one doesn't learn about the other ... and we all know that a relationship is other-focused.

Great post .... and great input from Peter .... Peter, as Marian asked, is there any way you and that lady can get back on track with one another? heart

Oct 12th 2012 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: I agree with you, Marian .... great post, by the way.I think sometimes the men don'...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

I agree with you, Marian .... great post, by the way.

I think sometimes the men don't ask questions for two reasons .... (1) they're really not interested in what we have to say because they (the men) are so involved in their own lives (self-absorbed) and think that life revolves around them; and (2) they've been raised not to ask questions .... don't pry !

Well, if one doesn't ask questions, one doesn't learn about the other ... and we all know that a relationship is other-focused.

Great post .... and great input from Peter .... Peter, as Marian asked, is there any way you and that lady can get back on track with one another?

--hide--

Hi Mary Alice! wave

Your reasons were mostly on mark, though some guys can be uninterested without being self-absorbed. There's another reason though: I think the pace of a dialogue is important. Some people - and this goes for guys and gals - want to know everything all at once or as soon as possible. Others want to learn and digest a little at a time. Also, guys are often satisfied to learn through observation. They disect what's said and compare it to what's observed. Sometimes, that process answers whatever questions they might care to ask.

Oct 12th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: sure. of course i do. why not?
(Quote) David-364112 said:

sure. of course i do. why not?

--hide--

Oh so by your standards the virtuous woman are judged whether they are worthy or not boggled eyebrow

Oct 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-25961 said: Oh so by your standards the virtuous woman are judged whether they are worthy or not
(Quote) Mary-25961 said:

Oh so by your standards the virtuous woman are judged whether they are worthy or not

--hide--

huh?

Posts 181 - 190 of 200