Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: We can dream, Cherie, can't we?
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

We can dream, Cherie, can't we?

--hide--

cowboy CowGirl Yea haw! Let's dream on! I thought I might be the only one here not going on dates!

I will take lessons from those much wiser than I.

yoda "Do or Do Not, There is no Try."

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Cherie-872998 said: Am I to infer by this thread that you are all actually going out on DATES? And that people are c...
(Quote) Cherie-872998 said:

Am I to infer by this thread that you are all actually going out on DATES? And that people are chatting/emoting you on CM? Or are we just talking theory for the day when...

--hide--

I have been on dates in the past and hope for .... Chirp Chirp ......them in the future. It is not just theory. It is real.

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Cherie-872998 said: (Quote) Lina-796057 said: We can dream, Cherie, can't we? ...
(Quote) Cherie-872998 said:

Quote:
Lina-796057 said:

We can dream, Cherie, can't we?

Yea haw! Let's dream on! I thought I might be the only one here not going on dates!

I will take lessons from those much wiser than I.

"Do or Do Not, There is no Try."

--hide--

We are getting ready for action. Poised and ready, shall we say..

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: for all the male-bashing threads i see, i gather that, for women, it must be a lot of fun to beat...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

for all the male-bashing threads i see, i gather that, for women, it must be a lot of fun to beat up on men. why is that?

--hide--

David, from the intensity of your reply, I wonder if you are a guilty party? scratchchin stir the pot! Its getting cold! duck

Before you get mad, I'm just kidding. flower

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Matt-849404 said: I just love how most posts in this topic, especially by the women, seem to have a very pointed sexism abo...
(Quote) Matt-849404 said: I just love how most posts in this topic, especially by the women, seem to have a very pointed sexism about them. They just generically say "men" as though all men share exactly the same qualities, personalities, skills, and weaknesses. We are not interchangeable, there may be similarities between the guys that you have corresponded with in a particular age bracket, but do not think or act as if all men are exactly the same because they are men. It's quite insulting. And just to prove my point and add some relevance to the topic; I usually find myself asking the most questions in my conversations on CM or elsewhere. For the record, there's nothing heated about this post, this is not written in anger or resentment, simply common sense and fair mindedness.
--hide--

Yes, you are correct. And some men are like that, too, oh my goodness. I think even more important or as important as men asking questions, is whether or not they listen and accept what the women are saying on things that are important to them.

Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-25961 said: Thank you Edward, I was thinking the same thing - I guess we are not reading it through Dav...
(Quote) Mary-25961 said:

Thank you Edward, I was thinking the same thing - I guess we are not reading it through David's eyes

--hide--
" I was thinking the same thing." This line reminds me of a story about a man and a woman sitting on the bench in a park dating. They were talking to each other when suddenly silence... Then the woman breaks the ice and asks the man "What are you thinking?" The guy answers "I am thinking the same thing you are thinking." The woman answers, "Oh Gross!." Question. What do you think she was thinking?

Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Men, have you been on the phone or in correspondence, be honest: Do you remember to actua...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Men, have you been on the phone or in correspondence, be honest:

Do you remember to actually ask a woman questions?

Do you all realize that this can help in your CREATING A RELATIONSHIP with a woman?

I know that some of you may do this but I feel I must state this as an important factor in building a relationship and building a connection.

I have some guys who drop me a not now and then. It would take almost nothing to ask a question or two..

Have you ever been on the phone and dominated the call with your own narrative and not asked a question? Be honest..

As a woman of 55, I don't need to be coy, I feel I can bring this up and ask this question without penalty. I have endured enough situations, where they forgot to ask a scintilla of a question..
Comments?

--hide--
It's only natural to ask questions -- however, it's the type of questions and the way the questions are asked that can make a huge difference.

While on a date with someone of whom I have little knowledge, it's my goal to make sure she's as comfortable as possible as far as conversation is concerned. Helping put a woman at ease isn't difficult. If it seems that way, one should ask what would make him uncomfortable or vice versa, as far as questions being asked.

There's a vast difference between a conversation and an interrogation. Asking deep probing questions, ultra-personal questions or tacky ones can spoil a date for both of you and ruin whatever potential you had. A lot of questions can be asked which lead to a conversation -- open ended that require more than a simple "yes' or "no" answer.

Let's consider a first date. A guy isn't looking into her psyche -- he is getting acquainted with her. This is a gradual process. As a relationship develops, certainly the questions become more pointed. If you ask questions that are too personal too soon, you'll likely see your date become uncomfortable and squirm. Some women (and men) are more open and don't mind certain questions, but in general, a guy will need to size up the situation before he dives off the deep end.

Questions are excellent -- if they are the right ones.

Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: it's clear as day. men are self-absorbed jerks who just talk at women and treat ...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

it's clear as day. men are self-absorbed jerks who just talk at women and treat them as sounding boards without taking any interest in them as persons.

while we're at it, what else can we find to pick men apart? this isn't the only thread that impies or expressly states a series of accusations and insults against men.

then you women wonder why we shy away.

--hide--
As Ronald Reagan would say, "There ya go again....." stir the pot! Its getting cold!

Oct 9th 2012 new
(Quote) Lynea-297530 said: ......I think even more important or as important as men asking questions, is whether or no...
(Quote) Lynea-297530 said:

......I think even more important or as important as men asking questions, is whether or not they listen and accept what the women are saying on things that are important to them.

--hide--

As a guy, I'm going to have to admit that this is often correct. Sometimes we can just be bone-headed. That's why we need you gals; to soften us up.
Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Missy-358855 said: David, from the intensity of your reply, I wonder if you are a guilty party? ...
(Quote) Missy-358855 said:

David, from the intensity of your reply, I wonder if you are a guilty party?

Before you get mad, I'm just kidding.

--hide--

why would i get mad? oh, no doubt i'm guilty of stirring up the women by pointing out some of the less flattering characteristics of their gender on these forums. much of it is joking which goes undetected and is seen as anger. some of it is bitter and angry because of the monumentally ridiculous stone-age attitudes some of my dear sisters in faith exhibit in these threads.

Posts 81 - 90 of 200