Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 9th 2012 new
Stone-age attitudes; I think we have a title for a new thread.
Oct 9th 2012 new

don't beat around the bush, David. tell us how you really feel! laughing wink laughing

I actually thought it was a pretty good topic. but then I enjoy the "male-bashing" threads! wink tongue laughing

kidding, Marian. Kidding! mischievous laughing

good communication is very important.

(Quote) David-364112 said: (Quote) Missy-358855 said: David, from the intensity of your reply, I wond...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Quote:
Missy-358855 said:

David, from the intensity of your reply, I wonder if you are a guilty party?

Before you get mad, I'm just kidding.

why would i get mad? oh, no doubt i'm guilty of stirring up the women by pointing out some of the less flattering characteristics of their gender on these forums. much of it is joking which goes undetected and is seen as anger. some of it is bitter and angry because of the monumentally ridiculous stone-age attitudes some of my dear sisters in faith exhibit in these threads.

--hide--

Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: Stone-age attitudes; I think we have a title for a new thread.
(Quote) Edward-512961 said: Stone-age attitudes; I think we have a title for a new thread.
--hide--

As long as it's made very clear than we highly-evolved CM men truly love and respect our neolithic sisters. lovestruck!

Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Debbie-168656 said: don't beat around the bush, David. tell us how you really feel! I actually thought i...
(Quote) Debbie-168656 said:

don't beat around the bush, David. tell us how you really feel!

I actually thought it was a pretty good topic. but then I enjoy the "male-bashing" threads!

kidding, Marian. Kidding!

good communication is very important.

--hide--

so bash away ladies. give us your best shots!

Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: so bash away ladies. give us your best shots!
(Quote) David-364112 said:

so bash away ladies. give us your best shots!

--hide--
No male bashing from this lady. I truly love and respect the gift God gave us, in man. clap Bow

Besides, men are the only oppisite sex to choose from. rose heart wink

Oct 9th 2012 new

Hey everyone, I think that what the women are saying here is ask at least SOME questions, because that shows you have some interest. NOt personal questions, but some questions, like:

--so how long have you worked at X? Do you like it? What do you like about it?

--do you have family? Are they nearby you?

--where did you go to college? What was that like?

--how long have you been on CM? What do you think of the forums?

Not (on your first date/call):

--how much is in your 401k?

--Do you own your house?

--WHy did your last relationship break up?

That's all--just ask something to make conversation, and not make the women do all the conversational work.

Lina nailed it above--if someone can't carry on a normal conversation (I ask you questions, you ask me questions, your response leads to a response from me, and vice versa), then there is WAY more going on there than I am interested in dealing with.

Oct 9th 2012 new

A very good idea book for exploring relationships is "101 Questions to ask Before You Get Engaged" by H. Norman Wright... Mr. Wright is a Christian marriage councelor who has compiled a very revealing list of things that people who are married know about one another, but would be extremely helpful to know before you say "I do". My LDR friend & I agreed to use this in our nightly conversations & it always served to move us to deeper levels. It was nice to have an outside source for direction too, as it sort of takes away the prying aspect, & both of us were free to decide if the question was worth our time...

I have to admit, I'm not very good at asking questions, but this is something I am slowly learning here on CM. It's been quite the experience, this foray into Catholic online dating, but I know Our Lord & the Body of Christ, (i.e. the wonderful people on here), are teaching me what it takes to develope solid, healthy relationships... rose rose rose

Oct 9th 2012 new

Oh sorry.... I posted without reading the entire thread. The book I mentioned is good for a couple who are seriously exploring their long term potential, probably not for when you're first getting to know someone. But it does have some very good thoughts on what we would ultimately need to know before making any commitments. It's also good for learning about oneself & where one personally stands on a lot of important issues. Knowing yourself enables you to know others more deeply... rose rose

Oct 9th 2012 new
Speaking for myself, I interpreted "men" in very general terms. Perhaps she could have phrased it as "those with different chromosomal origins than females" to give it a more Vulcan/less sexist feel. laughing laughing
Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-850415 said: Speaking for myself, I interpreted "men" in very general terms. Perhaps she could have phrased ...
(Quote) Paul-850415 said: Speaking for myself, I interpreted "men" in very general terms. Perhaps she could have phrased it as "those with different chromosomal origins than females" to give it a more Vulcan/less sexist feel.
--hide--

I wondered if saying "Males, Do you ask Females questions?" would have seemed less "bashing." wink

I don't do male bashing or male bashing threads so I wonder what that guy is yammering about.

Posts 91 - 100 of 200