Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Hi All,

I gave blood yesterday at a neighboring parish and have been a regular donor for 25 years. I wonder how many of you give blood regularly. I understand not everyone can due to health reasons, but just as there's political and religious polls on this site, it would be nice to know who takes the time to donate blood.

And, if you don't currently donate, please consider it.

Have a great day!

Christine

Oct 8th 2012 new

Oh my GOSH! I donated today and was just thinking I should post about this somewhere!

Yes, please consider donating!

Blessings. :)

maricela

Oct 9th 2012 new

Been doing it regularly for the past 37 years...

Oct 9th 2012 new

heartbeat

Thank you to all who donate blood. I am not able to donate, however, my life was saved 13 1/2 years ago. I had 6 transfusions and have lived to tell about it.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Oct 9th 2012 new
Hi Christine, I am a regular blood donor here in Colorado. I alternate between donating plasma and blood. I was informed that if 150,000 regular donors gave blood. They would not have to ask or solicite for donations. There 7 million plus that live in Colorado. Seems like it would be an easy task to achieve 150,000 reg. donors. Buy they can't. I wish more people would recognize the need also! Michael
Oct 10th 2012 new

What if we don't have regular blood????? scratchchin rolling eyes

On a serious note, those who are able to do so should consider this worthy cause.

Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-878420 said: Hi Christine, I am a regular blood donor here in Colorado. I alternate between donating plasma and blo...
(Quote) Michael-878420 said: Hi Christine, I am a regular blood donor here in Colorado. I alternate between donating plasma and blood. I was informed that if 150,000 regular donors gave blood. They would not have to ask or solicite for donations. There 7 million plus that live in Colorado. Seems like it would be an easy task to achieve 150,000 reg. donors. Buy they can't. I wish more people would recognize the need also! Michael
--hide--
Greetings, Michael. We'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the CM forums. If you've done some browsing, you are aware of the various topics that come up -- helpful in everyday life, with a lot of insight and wisdom.

Secondly, thanks for being a blood donor. Your help is needed and appreciated.

Oct 10th 2012 new

There are people that can not donate for transfusion due to medication or other factors. My mother has hepatitis antibodies from when she was a small child for example. The blood can be used for testing purposes. I asked one time when I was on medication years ago. It may have changed. I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has current information on this. heart

Oct 10th 2012 new

I am, I have the second most rare blood type, so they like me.... :) It's the least I can do....

Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: There are people that can not donate for transfusion due to medication or other factors. ...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

There are people that can not donate for transfusion due to medication or other factors.

--hide--

That's right. The screening process prior to the actual donation takes care of those questions; they ask about hepatitis and other diseases and certain medications that one must not be taking in order to donate. They check your iron levels, too.

Hope this helps. :)

Posts 1 - 10 of 65