Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Oct 11th 2012 new
Have always wanted to give blood but can never do so (neither can my parents). We all have healthy blood but we lived in Nigeria for a year and a half which is over the year requirement to live in Africa for qualification. :(
Oct 12th 2012 new
I donated blood for years but now unable to do so due to med I'm taking.
Oct 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Dave-24315 said: I always enoyed giving blood, think of it as a fun thing and how you are helping some one.
(Quote) Dave-24315 said:

I always enoyed giving blood, think of it as a fun thing and how you are helping some one.

--hide--

Count Dracula would like your snail mail address...

laughing laughing
Oct 12th 2012 new

For years I wouldn't donate because I don't care for needles and boggled when I absolutely have to get stuck it takes many sticks to get a vein and then it's usually in the back of my hand. Ouch! wide eyed

We had a blood drive where I work and I decided to bite the bullet and donate. smile Sure enough the needle made it's rounds looking for a vein and finally ended up in the back of my hand. irked (I told them to start there but the techs wouldn't listen.irkedirked ) After all the grief, it turns out my blood is not desirable. I clot too fast and clogged up the IV. eyebrow In the time it took them to get half a bag from me two other folks had gone through the system.

Oct 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Sandra-222626 said: For years I wouldn't donate because I don't care for needles and when I absolutely have to get stuck ...
(Quote) Sandra-222626 said:

For years I wouldn't donate because I don't care for needles and when I absolutely have to get stuck it takes many sticks to get a vein and then it's usually in the back of my hand. Ouch!

We had a blood drive where I work and I decided to bite the bullet and donate. Sure enough the needle made it's rounds looking for a vein and finally ended up in the back of my hand. (I told them to start there but the techs wouldn't listen. ) After all the grief, it turns out my blood is not desirable. I clot too fast and clogged up the IV. In the time it took them to get half a bag from me two other folks had gone through the system.

--hide--

It sounds like the tourniquet was not tight enough. If the tourniquet is not tight enough, the vein does not pop out enough, and the blood is not forced out through the needle, but instead flows back to the heart through the vein. That would cause low flow and the needle to clot as well. Sounds to me like operator error. You should be fine to give blood if you have someone that knows what they are doing taking it.
Oct 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Jim-624621 said: It sounds like the tourniquet was not tight enough. If the tourniquet is not tight enough, the vei...
(Quote) Jim-624621 said:

It sounds like the tourniquet was not tight enough. If the tourniquet is not tight enough, the vein does not pop out enough, and the blood is not forced out through the needle, but instead flows back to the heart through the vein. That would cause low flow and the needle to clot as well. Sounds to me like operator error. You should be fine to give blood if you have someone that knows what they are doing taking it.
--hide--
Maybe I will try again. It's going to take a bit to get my nerves up because it was quite painful.

Oct 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Sandra-222626 said: Maybe I will try again. It's going to take a bit to get my nerves up because it was quite painful.
(Quote) Sandra-222626 said:

Maybe I will try again. It's going to take a bit to get my nerves up because it was quite painful.

--hide--

Do try again.The last time I donated,the woman had to put it in my arm several times to get the

needle in correctly & I have very prominent veins in my arms.My arm hurt for a few days & I

hope when I go in next week I have a different person.Give it another try.You will do fine!
Oct 13th 2012 new

I started donating blood as a young adult because I have universal O- blood. I started donating again about 3 years ago every chance I get because my sister needed blood when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. I have lost her from this world but she is with the Lord and her pain is no longer. I give blood every chance I get. Thanks to all who donate! You are all You get a Gold Star!s!

Oct 16th 2012 new
I do! I am on my way to 7 gallons! Kinda gross when you think of it like 7 milk jugs sitting on a counter! However, line up the people it helps and it's an awesome thing!
Oct 17th 2012 new

embarassed ashamed Guilty. Its been a while.

Posts 31 - 40 of 65