Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Dec 13th 2012 new

I have donated over 50 pints

Dec 13th 2012 new

I donate blood every time I am able. As a matter of fact, I am scheduled to donate next Friday! I have been doing it regularly for the last 5 years or so. I used to donate when I was a young adult but got away from it until my sister was diagnosed with cancer and needed blood transfusions. So, now I do it because I know how important it was to my family!

Dec 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Christine-153962 said: Hi All,I gave blood yesterday at a neighboring parish and have been a regular donor f...
(Quote) Christine-153962 said:

Hi All,

I gave blood yesterday at a neighboring parish and have been a regular donor for 25 years. I wonder how many of you give blood regularly. I understand not everyone can due to health reasons, but just as there's political and religious polls on this site, it would be nice to know who takes the time to donate blood.

And, if you don't currently donate, please consider it.

Have a great day!

Christine

--hide--
I am- just started donating again after quitting for several years over a botched needle puncture by an inexperienced phlebotomist. My arm turned purple and swelled up for about a month. Not trying to discourage anyone, because that was only once out of many times.

Dec 14th 2012 new

I don't, but wish I could gather the courage to do so. (I tend to pass out, so even getting blood for annual cholesterol tests, etc. is a bit difficult for me...though I'm the first to admit it's halfway a mental hurdle.)

I have a friend who doesn't have a lot of extra money to donate to charities, so donating blood often is one of her ways of giving back without a cost.

By the way, men who give blood...very sexy. (Can I say that? shhh )

Dec 16th 2012 new

I gave today, I am A+. Got a really cool black tshirt with a gold fluer de lis in the center and the words I Bleed Black and Gold. GO SAINTS!

But the best part is knowing that you are saving up to 3 lives and it only takes a few minutes. AND you get cookie cookie cookie WhooHooo.

Posts 61 - 65 of 65