Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Would someone please explain to me why so many men in their CM profiles say that they believe the church's teaching on contraception but not on pre-marital sex? How does this even make sense?

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Johnna-472919 said: Would someone please explain to me why so many men in their CM profiles say that they believe th...
(Quote) Johnna-472919 said:

Would someone please explain to me why so many men in their CM profiles say that they believe the church's teaching on contraception but not on pre-marital sex? How does this even make sense?

--hide--

It does if you're willing to accept a child out of wedlock.

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:   It does if you're willing to accept a child out of wedlock.
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

--hide--

Thanks, Jerry! It's just such a bizarre position to take and every time I see it, I think, "Why in God's name would any woman in her right mind be interested in this person?"

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Johnna-472919 said: Would someone please explain to me why so many ...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Quote:
Johnna-472919 said:

--hide--

One more consideration: it is not uncommon for people to respond 'no' to the premarital sex question because they have violated that teaching in the past and feel it would be misleading to others to answer 'yes', even when they now accept the teaching. Yes, I know those who do this are not answering the question that is asked, yet people still answer this way.

Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Johnna-472919 said: Would someone please explain to me why so many men in their CM profiles say that they believe th...
(Quote) Johnna-472919 said:

--hide--

Many women do the same. There are LOTS of 5/7 members.

The questions are not perfectly worded. Some who answer "no" may indeed not accept the Chruch's teachings. Others may accept them as valid but have difficulty following them.

Remember, many saints had a past. Everyone is on a faith journey. Some travel more quickly than others. Regardless of their status or beliefs/feelings with regard to sexual morality, they should be welcome here (provided their conduct remains within certain bounds). After being on CM for a while, many members have come to believe in and accept these moral precepts. Lots of 7/7's started as 4 or 5 of 7. Sadly, some 7/7's aren't what they profess to be in this regard. One of the saintiliest people I met on this site is a 4/7. Her issues have more to do with the wording of the questions than her opposition to them. Be open and remember, we're all progressing towards heaven. let's help each other along.

Posts 1 - 5 of 5