Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

12/15/2012 new

(Quote) Christina-816969 said: I'm a bit timid about starting any kind of relationship with a man because I'm afraid...
(Quote) Christina-816969 said:

I'm a bit timid about starting any kind of relationship with a man because I'm afraid I will only compare him to my late husband. This would obviously be very unfair for the new man in my life. Any advice from folks who have gone thru this?

--hide--
Christina, I think that once you get your feet wet in the dating world, your concerns will begin to diminish. You may find someone who is the complete opposite of your husband to be amazingly intriguing. If you can be open to new experiences and fresh viewpoints, you may find someone who is a great potential husband for you. Give people a chance -- it'll help both of you grow. There are some core values and qualities we each seek. Beyond that, be open to what the world has to offer.

Comparing, especially to excess, will sound the death knell to any potential relationship. Look at the man's point of view and how you would feel if he was comparing you to his previous wife. It works both ways.

Posts 31 - 31 of 31