Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

A counterpart to www.catholicmatch.com

for the other 50% of us.

1) Four years ago I emerged from mass a couple Sundays before the election to find the cars in the parking lot had been peppered with windshield flyers claiming Catholics should vote for McCain.

This year I will patrol the parking lot with a video camera, in order to get anyone trying such shennanigans on record. Then post to YouTube.

2) Scare elderly people into thinking Paul Ryan is going to take away their Medicare.

3) Encourage people to read www.usccb.org

4) Two words: Ayn Rand

5) I learned on CM that an individual Mass offering with the Seraphic Mass Association is only $5. They can schedule it for the very next day!

Capuchin's all over the world are united on a list and communicate daily to schedule Masses.

http://www.seraphicmass.org

Have a Mass said for re-election? I'd be surprised if you could do that, but I guess it's worth a try.

Oct 9th 2012 new
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: A counterpart to www.catholicmatch.com the other 50%...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

for the other 50% of us.

1) Four years ago I emerged from mass a couple Sundays before the election to find the cars in the parking lot had been peppered with windshield flyers claiming Catholics should vote for McCain.

This year I will patrol the parking lot with a video camera, in order to get anyone trying such shennanigans on record. Then post to YouTube.

2) Scare elderly people into thinking Paul Ryan is going to take away their Medicare.

5) I learned on CM that an individual Mass offering with the Seraphic Mass Association is only $5. They can schedule it for the very next day!

Capuchin's all over the world are united on a list and communicate daily to schedule Masses.

Have a Mass said for re-election? I'd be surprised if you could do that, but I guess it's worth a try.

--hide--

Feeling mischievous today, Cathy? stir the pot! Its getting cold!

This ought to be good...

I've already detailed elsewhere why I won't vote for Romney. I guess this is as good of place as any to list why I wouldn't, in a million years, vote for Obama either.

- Spreading abortion overseas

- Obamacare, which will contribute the the continued rise in healthcare costs and the decrease in quality

- Libya

- Drone war and presidential kill list

- Targetting funerals for drone strikes: www.guardian.co.uk

- War on whistle-blowers

- War on transparency

- War on due process (GITMO)

So many other reasons....

I find it sort of striking that so many on the left continue to vehemently defend the man. On foreign policy matters and civil liberties, he has actually managed to out-Bush G.W..
Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: Feeling mischievous today, Cathy? This ought to be good... I've already de...
(Quote) Charles-512043 said:

Feeling mischievous today, Cathy?

This ought to be good...

I've already detailed elsewhere why I won't vote for Romney. I guess this is as good of place as any to list why I wouldn't, in a million years, vote for Obama either.

- Obamacare, which will contribute the the continued rise in healthcare costs and the decrease in quality

- Libya

- War on whistle-blowers

- War on transparency

I find it sort of striking that so many on the left continue to vehemently defend the man. On foreign policy matters and civil liberties, he has actually managed to out-Bush G.W..
--hide--

And yet you're willing to risk having him re-elected rather than vote for Romney? Go figure...

Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: A counterpart to www.catholicmatch.com.

for the other 50% of us.

--hide--

Oct 9th 2012 new

for the other 50% of us.

--hide--

This thread starts out with a link to my thread entitled What can we do to get Romney/Ryan elected which is now maxing out.
This link to my thread does not pertain to this thread. As you can see, this thread has nothing to do with getting Romney/Ryan elected! I disavow this thread. And, for those interested in getting Romney/Ryan elected, I have been asked to and so have started another thread - Part II What Can We Do to Get Romney/Ryan elected.

Oct 9th 2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: And yet you're willing to risk having him re-elected rather than vote for Romney? Go figure...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

And yet you're willing to risk having him re-elected rather than vote for Romney? Go figure...

--hide--

I'm not willing to have either of them elected. There may only be two viable outcomes, but there are not only two viable courses of action. I can't control who wins, but I can control my own decisions.
Oct 9th 2012 new
Promise free Obamaphones -

Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone

www.youtube.com
Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: I'm not willing to have either of them elected. There may only be two viable outcomes, but...

I'm not willing to have either of them elected. There may only be two viable outcomes, but there are not only two viable courses of action. I can't control who wins, but I can control my own decisions.
--hide--

We do NOT have a (perfect) (Christian) candidate to choose from. So when we look at the choices, our purpose should be to choose the candidate most in-line with God's values, and of course one who has a chance to win. That means, if Mr. Candidate #3 looks awesome, but he's a complete unknown (and it's almost mid-October), then, even though we are free to vote for him, there's an almost 100% chance he won't win.

And normally, this is fine. That's what having the freedom to vote is about. But, in this election, our Catholic Church has stepped up to the proverbial plate and has spoken up. There's so much out there, so much that is NOT being shown on the regular news media. At least one of these clips is from our Catholic Church and how she feels about the current issues, especially the HHS mandate. So many are posted in the other threads in this Culture/Current Event Forum.

This is not even considering what is covered in the 2016 documentary (movie) that is out at theaters right now, coming out on DVD mid-October.

A "non-vote" or a "3rd candidate vote" = a "yes" vote for ALL of Obamacare = an erasure of our religious liberties and freedom.

Our Catholic Church is asking us to protect our religious liberties, so we have to ask ourselves, which candidate is most likely to stop most or all of the HHS mandate? For faithful Catholics, that really IS the question.

And..............(heaven forbid), if, after this November election, the VP becomes the president after something happening to the president, which VP do you feel would MOST align with God's values? Now THAT one is a VERY easy choice, no?

We are being asked to vote re: the non-negotiables, intrinsic evils that, according to our Catholic faith, are so contrary to the plan of God that we could never claim a right to support them or vote for them on any basis of a rightly formed conscience.. I don't know how poorly Romney does on those, according to your viewpoint Charles, but I am praying that you will choose to stand with your Catholic Church. For us, as Catholics who treasure a 2,000-year tradition of identifying and conveying the most important truths of history, we need to play a leading role in stepping back from the glare and heat of this election season, to keep those truths in focus.

I pray that as you look at the other moral principles, ones that don't rise to the level of intrinsic moral evil, that you choose, come this November, to stand with your Church and cast a vote that will help keep our religious liberties intact. That you stand as a soldier for Christ.

Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: Feeling mischievous today, Cathy? This ought to be good... I've already de...

Feeling mischievous today, Cathy?

This ought to be good...

- Libya

- War on whistle-blowers

- War on transparency

--hide--

Especially Fast & Furious and the patently illegal war in Libya, where the blowback lead to the first Ambassador to die on duty in 29 years!

Obama needs to be impeached, convicted, and jailed for multiple capital crimes.

At the very least, Obama needs to be de-elected, not re-elected!

Oct 9th 2012 new

for the other 50% of us.

--hide--

laughing I love your sense of humor.

Posts 1 - 10 of 200