Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

10/10/2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: And if you think the first term was bad, imagine what he will be like when he doesn't have t...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

And if you think the first term was bad, imagine what he will be like when he doesn't have to worry about being re-elected...

--hide--

Obama has already been caught on tape telling an emissary for Putin that he just needed a little more time to get past this election and then he can do what he really wants to do. God help the world if Obama is re-elected. And God save the world from the wrath of the globalists if he isn't.
10/10/2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: And with Biden as his VEEP, he does not have to worry about impeachment either.
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

And with Biden as his VEEP, he does not have to worry about impeachment either.

--hide--

A very interesting point. And it does explain a few things...

10/10/2012 new
(Quote) Jim-624621 said: Obama has already been caught on tape telling an emissary for Putin that he just needed a little more time t...
(Quote) Jim-624621 said:

Obama has already been caught on tape telling an emissary for Putin that he just needed a little more time to get past this election and then he can do what he really wants to do. God help the world if Obama is re-elected. And God save the world from the wrath of the globalists if he isn't.
--hide--

I wish they would replay that particular tape in the news at least once a day to remind people what he said..... scratchchin
10/11/2012 new
(Quote) Charles-512043 said: I'm not willing to have either of them elected. There may only be two viable outcomes, but there are...
(Quote) Charles-512043 said:

I'm not willing to have either of them elected. There may only be two viable outcomes, but there are not only two viable courses of action. I can't control who wins, but I can control my own decisions.
--hide--

A decision not to vote is passivity in action.
10/11/2012 new
(Quote) Paul-850415 said: A decision not to vote is passivity in action.
(Quote) Paul-850415 said:

A decision not to vote is passivity in action.
--hide--

Or perhaps a decision to vote is futility in action.
10/11/2012 new
(Quote) Charles-512043 said: Or perhaps a decision to vote is futility in action.

--hide--

I sure hope the Obama voters think that way...
10/11/2012 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: Or perhaps a decision to vote is futility in action.

--hide--

Charles, I can't let this one slide by. Women fought for years to be given the right to vote. If you talk to people who have lived in other countries where they essentially had no right to vote because the country was run by a dictator, they cherish this right and opportunity to vote and cannot fathom why someone would not choose to exercise this right here in the U.S.. To make a statement such as you did trivializes the freedom we have to choose between 2 candidates (even though they would perhaps not be the candidates you would want). Don't you realize how important that freedom is? If you ever lost it, I think you would be saying something completely different. And, if you do not use this right and enough others do not, our country will head much farther down the path toward becoming like the countries that people leave to come to the U.S. so they can have this freedom to vote, along with other freedoms. A decision to vote is absolutely NOT futility in action. And, I'm truly shocked to see something like that said by an intelligent young Catholic man. I must think that you really don't believe this because it is just not true and hopefully never will be true in the United States of America!

10/11/2012 new

--hide--
You are wrong. Patricia is right. And I say this with all kindness.
10/11/2012 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Charles, I can't let this one slide by. Women fought for years to be given the right to vote. I...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Charles, I can't let this one slide by. Women fought for years to be given the right to vote. If you talk to people who have lived in other countries where they essentially had no right to vote because the country was run by a dictator, they cherish this right and opportunity to vote and cannot fathom why someone would not choose to exercise this right here in the U.S.. To make a statement such as you did trivializes the freedom we have to choose between 2 candidates (even though they would perhaps not be the candidates you would want). Don't you realize how important that freedom is? If you ever lost it, I think you would be saying something completely different. And, if you do not use this right and enough others do not, our country will head much farther down the path toward becoming like the countries that people leave to come to the U.S. so they can have this freedom to vote, along with other freedoms. A decision to vote is absolutely NOT futility in action. And, I'm truly shocked to see something like that said by an intelligent young Catholic man. I must think that you really don't believe this because it is just not true and hopefully never will be true in the United States of America!

--hide--

People who don't live under democracy may long for what they think democracy is, but that's never what democracy actually is in practice. The two viable candidates that we have right now agree on 90+% of the substantive issues, and that's probably underestimating it. They're both pro-war, they're both pro-corporate bailouts, they're both pro-economic intervention, they're both pro-welfare, they both plan to continue deficit spending, etc, etc. When they actually DO disagree, the disagreements are merely cosmetic rather than philosophical. It's a bit of a stretch to call this election a "choice". The state has already won the election.
10/11/2012 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: When they actually DO disagree, the disagreements are merely cosmetic rather than philosophic...

When they actually DO disagree, the disagreements are merely cosmetic rather than philosophical. It's a bit of a stretch to call this election a "choice". The state has already won the election.
--hide--

shocked ... actively increasing abortions is merely a cosmetic issue ??? ...wanting to cease our religious liberties is merely a cosmetic issue ???

Posts 41 - 50 of 200