Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Patrick-861636 said: I have yearned, and even pined, but covet? No. I suppose what helped through the loneliest par...
(Quote) Patrick-861636 said: I have yearned, and even pined, but covet? No.

I suppose what helped through the loneliest part was that I was actively discerning religious life. Of course, that allowed me to shore up my prayer life, and that in turn helped me to learn how to walk, trusting in God.

Lord, I trust in you. Lead me to where you want me to go, give me that which you wish to give me, teach me what you want me to learn, guide me to act as you want me to act, and always let your grace flow through me. Amen.

That lesson learned, I've received some hints, helped a few people, received a couple miracles, and found the love of an amazing woman.
--hide--

Lord, I trust in you. Lead me to where you want me to go, give me that which you wish to give me, teach me what you want me to learn, guide me to act as you want me to act, and always let your grace flow through me. Amen

Thanks, Patrick. That's a similar prayer, but much better said. I appreciate the help! biggrin

Oct 9th 2012 new

Missy:

Thanks for bringing up this topic. Selfishness of the sort you're describing is a serious impediment to finding and sustaining a relationship. It can eventually rach the point of being sinful although where it crosses that line is difficult to say. The worst thing about it is that we don't really realize what we'redoing because we're so caught up in the idea of what we want for ourselves.

This is a good thing to meditate on.

Oct 9th 2012 new

the christmas holidays are a big enough imposition and chore. they're ten times worse when others are involved.

Oct 10th 2012 new

I have been married two times and widowed 2 times, and I am doing OK on my own, but if God wants me to be married again he will show me the way. I am not saying I don't miss married life, because I do, but I have yet to meet a man that I desire to spend the rest of my life with. If it never happens again for me, I am OK with that it is all up to what God has in store for me.

Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Sharon-885911 said: I have been married two times and widowed 2 times, and I am doing OK on my own, but if God wants...
(Quote) Sharon-885911 said:

I have been married two times and widowed 2 times, and I am doing OK on my own, but if God wants me to be married again he will show me the way. I am not saying I don't miss married life, because I do, but I have yet to meet a man that I desire to spend the rest of my life with. If it never happens again for me, I am OK with that it is all up to what God has in store for me.

--hide--

I'm with ya, Sharon! wink

Oct 10th 2012 new

Missy, lately I have been praying for acceptance. I know in my head that my purpose in life is to know. love and serve God. The problem is feelings get in the way. I read these stories about people who find the "one" and are gratefil now that they have found that person because it is right as it should be as they look back. I pray for accpetance that life is as it should be now and that I do not have look back to be thankful but am actually thankful for now.

pirate

Posts 11 - 16 of 16