Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 15th 2012 new
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: Patricia, we've got to show you and Wendy how post links. It'...
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said:

Quote:
Mary-486033 said: Patricia, we've got to show you and Wendy how post links. It's so simple.

How'd you know I was a when it comes to posting links??

--hide--
You messaged me to post a link because you didn't know how.
Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Joseph posted this about the United States Cat...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

Joseph posted this about the United States Catholic Bishops (all of the bishops) stating the Biden lied (didn't use that word...that is mine) about the church being ok with the HHS mandate...it is not.

www.usccb.org

So, basically, it boils down to this...are you going to listen to your Church or not? Do you believe your Church or not? If not, shouldn't we as fellow Catholics want to make you aware...out of love and concern???

Cheryl, your posts I am sure are with only the best intentions...but really....you are basically telling people they are going to hell!!!
Ummm...what you have to say is fine, but your tone is a bit out of control. You are only inflaming people...not opening their spirit and inspiring knowledge and change. Might I say, in my opinion, some of the things T. Dolan have said is a bit out of spite. I watch a LOT of EWTN and saw the whole thing unfold...after he personally met with Obama then Obama did not do exactly what he wanted. - and that is bad, for sure- I agree Catholic institutions should not have to provide abortions and b. control. At the same time, I believe these counter attacks by the Catholic Church have been a bit out of pride and anger... It reminds me of the Pope locking Galileo up in the tower (after that had formerly been friends)....I am not so naive to think the church does not have it's own inner politics...such as what happened with the nuns. Really... we can't be so naive.

That said, even the link you sent above has a strict guide for NON PARTISAN voter registration.
Also in your link is a NON PARTISON prayer for pre-election. Again, the emphasis being on people to do their own discernment.

Prayer Before an Election

Lord God, as the election approaches,
we seek to better understand the issues and concerns that confront our city/state/country,
and how the Gospel compels us to respond as faithful citizens in our community.
We ask for eyes that are free from blindness
so that we might see each other as brothers and sisters,
one and equal in dignity,
especially those who are victims of abuse and violence, deceit and poverty.
We ask for ears that will hear the cries of children unborn and those abandoned,
Men and women oppressed because of race or creed, religion or gender.
We ask for minds and hearts that are open to hearing the voice of leaders who will bring us closer to your Kingdom.

We pray for discernment
so that we may choose leaders who hear your Word,
live your love,
and keep in the ways of your truth
as they follow in the steps of Jesus and his Apostles
and guide us to your Kingdom of justice and peace.

We ask this in the name of your Son Jesus Christ and through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Amen.

--hide--

Reallly....the CATHOLIC CHURCH's bishops have said your soul is in peril if you are voting for someone who is promoting intrinsic evil....it is NOT me who is saying this. Honestly.....you want to talk about inflaming...you just got done accusing BISHOP DOLAN of suing the Obama administration out of SPITE???????? What about the rest of the Catholic Bishops and organizations????? You are amazing....truly.....our religous freedom is at STAKE....we are being forced to go against every moral fiber of our being to pay for someone else to kill babies.....apathy and the church not standing up for right a long time ago (and it's supposed people) are the reason things are the way they are today.

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: Cheryl, your posts I am sure are with only the best intentions...but really....you are ba...

Cheryl, your posts I am sure are with only the best intentions...but really....you are basically telling people they are going to hell!!!
Ummm...what you have to say is fine, but your tone is a bit out of control. You are only inflaming people...not opening their spirit and inspiring knowledge and change. Might I say, in my opinion, some of the things T. Dolan have said is a bit out of spite. I watch a LOT of EWTN and saw the whole thing unfold...after he personally met with Obama then Obama did not do exactly what he wanted. - and that is bad, for sure- I agree Catholic institutions should not have to provide abortions and b. control. At the same time, I believe these counter attacks by the Catholic Church have been a bit out of pride and anger... It reminds me of the Pope locking Galileo up in the tower (after that had formerly been friends)....I am not so naive to think the church does not have it's own inner politics...such as what happened with the nuns. Really... we can't be so naive.

That said, even the link you sent above has a strict guide for NON PARTISAN voter registration.
Also in your link is a NON PARTISON prayer for pre-election. Again, the emphasis being on people to do their own discernment.

we seek to better understand the issues and concerns that confront our city/state/country,
We ask for ears that will hear the cries of children unborn and those abandoned,
We ask for minds and hearts that are open to hearing the voice of leaders who will bring us closer to your Kingdom.

We pray for discernment
live your love,

We ask this in the name of your Son Jesus Christ and through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Amen.

--hide--
We are called to confront those who are lead astray, It is our duty and call from God and this is how we are to do it.www.catholicbible101.com

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: (Quote) Laura-695247 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Quote:
Laura-695247 said:

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

Joseph posted this about the United States Catholic Bishops (all of the bishops) stating the Biden lied (didn't use that word...that is mine) about the church being ok with the HHS mandate...it is not.

www.usccb.org

So, basically, it boils down to this...are you going to listen to your Church or not? Do you believe your Church or not? If not, shouldn't we as fellow Catholics want to make you aware...out of love and concern???

We pray for discernment
live your love,

Amen.

Reallly....the CATHOLIC CHURCH's bishops have said your soul is in peril if you are voting for someone who is promoting intrinsic evil....it is NOT me who is saying this. Honestly.....you want to talk about inflaming...you just got done accusing BISHOP DOLAN of suing the Obama administration out of SPITE???????? What about the rest of the Catholic Bishops and organizations????? You are amazing....truly.....our religous freedom is at STAKE....we are being forced to go against every moral fiber of our being to pay for someone else to kill babies.....apathy and the church not standing up for right a long time ago (and it's supposed people) are the reason things are the way they are today.

--hide--
....OMG....I missed the part where you suport the "nuns" who promote abortions. There is a link that talks about how this nun said it isn't in her "pay grade" to say abortion should be illegal......same thing Obama said.

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Reallly....the CATHOLIC CHURCH's bishops have said your soul is in peril if you ...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

--hide--

We can use you as the post child for the power of pride and spite:o)

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: (Quote) Laura-695247 said: Cheryl, your posts I am sure are with ...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

Quote:
Laura-695247 said:

We pray for discernment
live your love,

Amen.

We are called to confront those who are lead astray, It is our duty and call from God and this is how we are to do it.www.catholicbible101.com

--hide--
Thanks Thomas....I have a feeling she called what I said "inflamatory" because I confronted her on her "inflamatory" statement about how Republicans PO foreign countries...and Democrats do not????????? No, I guess not because we gave this democrat president a peace award before he even did anything....and then he showed us just how much he deserved it when he invaded Lybia, etc., etc., etc. I must admit I am a bit impatient tonight....I am so sick of liberal lies.

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Reallly....the CATHOLIC CHURCH'...

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

--hide--
Really......and that is what you come back with...and I am inflamatory. You need to do some self-analyzing.

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: We can use you as the post child for the power of pride and spite:o)

--hide--
You are so wrong and the one with the pride and spite problem.

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Reallly....the CATHOLIC CHURCH'...

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

--hide--
You know and I just have to add that it is people WITH a PRIDE problem that have trouble accepting what the Church is saying!!!! I am very humble in that respect. I do object to having my beliefs and freedoms trampled on...you can call that spite I guess if you want.

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: We can use you as the post child for the power of pride and spite:o)

--hide--

So, Laura, I looked at your profile to try to get some insight as to why you would say something as rude as this which is obviously not true. (I don't see any pride or spite in Cheryl's postings.) And, perhaps, now I do have some insight as you say in your profile you were an atheist for 20 years and are "not quite Catholic" yet. I assume this means you haven't actually converted yet? I'm wondering if you're going to RCIA classes? (because that is what one does to convert to Catholicism). If you are, we certainly welcome your learning about the Catholic faith, but if you're not going to RCIA classes I would wonder how you could call yourself Catholic?

Posts 111 - 120 of 200