Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: I believe this is against CM rules to 'pray' for someone in this context. Check t...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

I believe this is against CM rules to 'pray' for someone in this context. Check the forum rules. Thank you anyway. I posted a prayer from your OWN link from the Bishops Council. Pray for your own discernment during election time.

--hide--

....still left out something so that you might twist it...pray for you because you are a possible convert.

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: Wow, that's a warm welcome for converts! Ummm...I never said I was Catholic...never e...

Wow, that's a warm welcome for converts!
Ummm...I never said I was Catholic...never ever....I am very honest I where I am in this process...

--hide--

Actually, everyone on this site would assume you were Catholic based on everything in your profile, other than the one statement which says you are not quite Catholic. In your answers to the Faith section, you state that you are a convert from atheism. Frankly, as someone just in the process of becoming Catholic (if, indeed you are, since you didn't answer my question about RCIA), you don't have the gravitas to argue these points from a Catholic perspective. You certainly though could probably argue them from an atheistic perspective. I have never met anyone on this site that was "not quite Catholic" before, and I think it's misleading to other members. I do wish you well though in your journey into the Catholic Church.

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: (Quote) Patricia-29176 said: So, Laura, I looked at your profile t...

Quote:
Patricia-29176 said:

So, Laura, I looked at your profile to try to get some insight as to why you would say something as rude as this which is obviously not true. (I don't see any pride or spite in Cheryl's postings.) And, perhaps, now I do have some insight as you say in your profile you were an atheist for 20 years and are "not quite Catholic" yet. I assume this means you haven't actually converted yet? I'm wondering if you're going to RCIA classes? (because that is what one does to convert to Catholicism). If you are, we certainly welcome your learning about the Catholic faith, but if you're not going to RCIA classes I would wonder how you could call yourself Catholic?

Wow, that's a warm welcome for converts!
Ummm...I never said I was Catholic...never ever....I am very honest I where I am in this process...

--hide--
Laura, and since I didn't get to reply to your comment about me being condescending as you posted it in another thread...let me just say that it is YOU who have attacked, attacked, attacked....I simply did not tolerate it. Also, above your response was sarcastic....and not very humble. But I truly don't mean it in a condesceding way when I said I'd like to say I'd pray for you...I meant it because you are a possible convert. That is why I was afraid to post it.

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Actually, everyone on this site would assume you were Catholic based on everything in y...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Actually, everyone on this site would assume you were Catholic based on everything in your profile, other than the one statement which says you are not quite Catholic. In your answers to the Faith section, you state that you are a convert from atheism. Frankly, as someone just in the process of becoming Catholic (if, indeed you are, since you didn't answer my question about RCIA), you don't have the gravitas to argue these points from a Catholic perspective. You certainly though could probably argue them from an atheistic perspective. I have never met anyone on this site that was "not quite Catholic" before, and I think it's misleading to other members. I do wish you well though in your journey into the Catholic Church.

--hide--

I think that is it...from a Catholic perspective...one who holds to all of the church's teachings and doctrine....I just want to be ALLOWED to have my faith! Someone who doesn't feel the same way can't understand where I am coming from. If we lose our religious freedom, we lose everything...regardless of the religion...and when it isn't our religion next it will be someone else's.

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Actually, everyone on this site would assume you were Catholic based on everything in y...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

--hide--

I say that I am not Catholic (I'm pretty sure the very FIRST sentence) on my profile. I never felt I was misleading anyone....on the contrary quite a few people have e-mailed me to tell me how awesome my profile was...and that it offers a different perspective. There are quite a few converts/reverts here...many people on different segments of their journey. I have repeatedly mentioned in forums I am not Catholic....I believe most people know this. If you read through my forum posts...you would easily find this.

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Laura, and since I didn't get to reply to your comment about me being condescending as you p...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Laura, and since I didn't get to reply to your comment about me being condescending as you posted it in another thread...let me just say that it is YOU who have attacked, attacked, attacked....I simply did not tolerate it. Also, above your response was sarcastic....and not very humble. But I truly don't mean it in a condesceding way when I said I'd like to say I'd pray for you...I meant it because you are a possible convert. That is why I was afraid to post it.

--hide--

I'm attacking you? You're coming at me from a totally different thread!!!!
Don't pray for me....leave me alone please...thank you!

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Laura, and since I didn't get to reply to ...

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

I'm attacking you? You're coming at me from a totally different thread!!!!
Don't pray for me....leave me alone please...thank you!

--hide--
...and again only in self-defense because the other thread where you were attacking me locked.

Oct 15th 2012 new
I studied the voting guide that was passed out in my diocese at mass yesterday, and I listened to Cardinal Dolan on the Catholic Channel last week, and I have read the bishops guide for faithful citizenship, and they ALL STRESSED that they are definitely NOT telling people how to vote.

Now I guess what you are telling me is those were all just cynical lies, they were trying to protect their tax exempt status, and I should read between the lines and know how I am SUPPOSED to vote. That the outspoken Illinois bishop speaks what the others are afraid to say.

I disagree. I take them at their word that I am supposed to study the issues and pray and come to a decision. I have most definitely NOT been told how to vote by my bishop or the conference of bishops. But even if they had told me I had to vote a certain way (which they have most definitely NOT) would you view that recommendation as infallible? Of course not. That has never been the teaching of the church. Instead, the church gives us guidance on issues that matter and tells us to form and vote our consciences. Anything our church leaders gives us to ponder at election time is worthy of study and reflection and respect. And they have said that they are NOT telling people how to vote, and I take them at their word.

Peace.
Oct 15th 2012 new

Anyway, can we get back to the original topic? Mary and I have been calling Catholic bookstores to put the Catholicvote.org flyer on their counters....but we need some help for Ohio....anyone out there have some time?

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: I studied the voting guide that was passed out in my diocese at mass yesterday, and I listened to Card...
(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: I studied the voting guide that was passed out in my diocese at mass yesterday, and I listened to Cardinal Dolan on the Catholic Channel last week, and I have read the bishops guide for faithful citizenship, and they ALL STRESSED that they are definitely NOT telling people how to vote.

Now I guess what you are telling me is those were all just cynical lies, they were trying to protect their tax exempt status, and I should read between the lines and know how I am SUPPOSED to vote. That the outspoken Illinois bishop speaks what the others are afraid to say.

I disagree. I take them at their word that I am supposed to study the issues and pray and come to a decision. I have most definitely NOT been told how to vote by my bishop or the conference of bishops. But even if they had told me I had to vote a certain way (which they have most definitely NOT) would you view that recommendation as infallible? Of course not. That has never been the teaching of the church. Instead, the church gives us guidance on issues that matter and tells us to form and vote our consciences. Anything our church leaders gives us to ponder at election time is worthy of study and reflection and respect. And they have said that they are NOT telling people how to vote, and I take them at their word.

Peace.
--hide--

Shannon...you didn't post the original message, so we don't know who you are responding to, but I'll reply...I'm going to take a break soon though as it is getting late. I know they can't come right out and endorse a candidate, but the Bishops have said we have to repeal Obamacare and can't support anyone who promotes intrinsic evil...promotes abortion....and they are suing this administration because of Obamacare taking away our religious freedom....so I do think they are greatly helpling us to form our consciouses. For myself, all that aside, I can't imagine voting for anyone who promotes abortion as does this president much less forcing me to pay for someone's abortion.

Posts 131 - 140 of 200