Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 16th 2012 new

Prayer Before an Election

Lord God, as the election approaches,
we seek to better understand the issues and concerns that confront our city/state/country,
and how the Gospel compels us to respond as faithful citizens in our community.
We ask for eyes that are free from blindness
so that we might see each other as brothers and sisters,
one and equal in dignity,
especially those who are victims of abuse and violence, deceit and poverty.
We ask for ears that will hear the cries of children unborn and those abandoned,
Men and women oppressed because of race or creed, religion or gender.
We ask for minds and hearts that are open to hearing the voice of leaders who will bring us closer to your Kingdom.

We pray for discernment
so that we may choose leaders who hear your Word,
live your love,
and keep in the ways of your truth
as they follow in the steps of Jesus and his Apostles
and guide us to your Kingdom of justice and peace.

We ask this in the name of your Son Jesus Christ and through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Amen.

This is a really good prolife election prayer. I also think there is a very good chance that Obama is moslem so he is not able to hear God's Word though he says he is Christianm, so we can't prove it. Still, Jerry posted another thread about the moslem ring he wears plus he accidentally admitted it and it can be found on a utube video....the mormon religion is at least peaceful while the moslem religion was founded by violence and promotes violence in some cases. Not sure how much we should focus on personal religion though but rather on whether they let us have our religion.

Oct 16th 2012 new

Tell people about this:

www.catholicmatch.com

An educational thread started by Ron.

Oct 16th 2012 new
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Prayer Before an Election Lord God, as the election approaches, we seek to...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Prayer Before an Election

Lord God, as the election approaches,
we seek to better understand the issues and concerns that confront our city/state/country,
and how the Gospel compels us to respond as faithful citizens in our community.
We ask for eyes that are free from blindness
so that we might see each other as brothers and sisters,
one and equal in dignity,
especially those who are victims of abuse and violence, deceit and poverty.
We ask for ears that will hear the cries of children unborn and those abandoned,
Men and women oppressed because of race or creed, religion or gender.
We ask for minds and hearts that are open to hearing the voice of leaders who will bring us closer to your Kingdom.

We pray for discernment
so that we may choose leaders who hear your Word,
live your love,
and keep in the ways of your truth
as they follow in the steps of Jesus and his Apostles
and guide us to your Kingdom of justice and peace.

We ask this in the name of your Son Jesus Christ and through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Amen.

This is a really good prolife election prayer. I also think there is a very good chance that Obama is moslem so he is not able to hear God's Word though he says he is Christianm, so we can't prove it. Still, Jerry posted another thread about the moslem ring he wears plus he accidentally admitted it and it can be found on a utube video....the mormon religion is at least peaceful while the moslem religion was founded by violence and promotes violence in some cases. Not sure how much we should focus on personal religion though but rather on whether they let us have our religion.

--hide--
Obama - America's Most Biblically-Hostile U. S. President - www.wallbuilders.com

Religious Group Threatens to Pull Support for Obama - www.youtube.com

Coalition of African American Pastors Condemn Obama's Same-Sex Marriage Switch (This group called Obama "Judas") - www.youtube.com

Bishop E.W. Jackson Message to Black Christians - www.youtube.com

Bishop E.W. Jackson calling Christians and Jews for mass EXODUS from Democratic Party - www.youtube.com
Oct 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: I understand this is just political rhetoric, but I hope people don't liter...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

I understand this is just political rhetoric, but I hope people don't literally believe that. How many businesses did not benefit from the government? How many were protected from theft by the police? How many had customers come to them or suppliers deliver to them on public roads? How many hired employees who learned to read and write in public schools?

All business, all organizatons - profit and non-profit, all individuals exist in society and government is a big part of society. Even the most strident libertarians must admit that pretty much every business in America has benefited from government in some form. (The libertarians would argue that those businesses would have been better off without government and its costs, but they cannot deny that in our current system - the last few hundred years - government is so part of society that everyone gets both benefits and costs.)

--hide--

"In our current system"...this is the key to your remarks. The current system is not what the founders had in mind and is not what made this country truly great. Under our current system, fewer and fewer kids are learnng to read and write and do basic math in our public schools.

I agree with your underlying thought that there is no such thing as a self made man or woman. We rely on other people to achieve. Wealth is a relative thing that gives one the capacity to command the labors of others. But if there is no other person around, the the wealthiest is actually quite poor.

Oct 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Obama - America's Most Biblically-Hostile U. S. President - www.wallbuilders.com.
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Obama - America's Most Biblically-Hostile U. S. President - www.wallbuilders.com

Religious Group Threatens to Pull Support for Obama - www.youtube.com

Coalition of African American Pastors Condemn Obama's Same-Sex Marriage Switch (This group called Obama "Judas") - www.youtube.com

Bishop E.W. Jackson Message to Black Christians - www.youtube.com

Bishop E.W. Jackson calling Christians and Jews for mass EXODUS from Democratic Party - www.youtube.com
--hide--

Mary, I'm sure glad I'm not on your email list. Hardly have time to read everything that interests me, much less every link friends send me.

Don't get me wrong. I think you are knowledgeable, passionate, and have a burning desire to help people get their heads on straight. Your selections are useful and appropriate, but perhaps a wee bit too many. If I were much younger, I'd give you a whirl to see if we could help each other achieve common goals, but as it is, you are among the few worth watching.

Oct 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: I'm aware of this. :-) I'm well informed folks. I understand that many of you hate Pre...
(Quote) Shannan-733493 said:

I'm aware of this. :-) I'm well informed folks. I understand that many of you hate President Obama and I'm aware of these lawsuit, and I'm aware that one bishop (the Springfield Illinois bishop, not the conference of bishops, and not my bishop) has gone so far as to virtually say Vote for Mitt Romney or burn in hell. Personally, I think that is inappropriate. I'm not trying to convince you all to vote for Obama. I know that is not going to happen. I'm just asking you to tone down your harsh rhetoric.

Peace.
--hide--

I have been in these forums a very long time, Shannan, and have NEVER once read that someone hated President Obama. People are against the intrinsic evil he promotes as is described in the Ten Commandments and the Catholic Church. However, I was also here when President Bush was in office and was completely appalled at the name calling of our then president by the Liberal members. Since then many of them have left because that type of name calling isn't tolerated. We have forum monitors, so please don't feel the responsibility of having to ask people to tone it down. They do a great job. This particular thread is about how we can get Romney/Ryan elected so I don't really understand why you want to be in this thread unless you are wanting to stir up trouble by your comments. There are other enjoyable forum rooms that have nothing to do with politics.

Oct 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: Um. This is what happens here on this Catholic site to people who acknowledge that they are go...
(Quote) Shannan-733493 said:

Um. This is what happens here on this Catholic site to people who acknowledge that they are going to vote for Obama. Although, to be fair, we are told that we are risking our souls and/or going to hell, that we aren't real Catholics rather than to kill ourselves.
--hide--

If you are voting for Obama, why are you in a thread about how to get Romney/Ryan elected? Reading your other posts here it seems you are trying to stir up trouble.

Oct 16th 2012 new
(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: There are other voices in the church: www.guardian.co.uk.
(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: There are other voices in the church:

www.guardian.co.uk
--hide--

The first sentence in the article you cited says they claim to be a progressive voice. "Progressive" is liberal! These fallen so-called nuns are to the Church as termites are to wood.
Oct 16th 2012 new
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: ....OMG....I missed the part where you suport the "nuns" who promote abortions. There is a link th...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

....OMG....I missed the part where you suport the "nuns" who promote abortions. There is a link that talks about how this nun said it isn't in her "pay grade" to say abortion should be illegal......same thing Obama said.

--hide--

Cheryl, you're doing a great job in this forum. But when it comes to liberals, neither reasoning, truth, facts, nor God Himself, will sway them. We are all called to conform to Christ, whereas others kick and scream to bend Christ to their ways. That will be the struggle until He returns. You're a trooper; hang in there!
Oct 16th 2012 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: So, Laura, I looked at your profile to try to get some insight as to why you would say something as r...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

So, Laura, I looked at your profile to try to get some insight as to why you would say something as rude as this which is obviously not true. (I don't see any pride or spite in Cheryl's postings.) And, perhaps, now I do have some insight as you say in your profile you were an atheist for 20 years and are "not quite Catholic" yet. I assume this means you haven't actually converted yet? I'm wondering if you're going to RCIA classes? (because that is what one does to convert to Catholicism). If you are, we certainly welcome your learning about the Catholic faith, but if you're not going to RCIA classes I would wonder how you could call yourself Catholic?

--hide--

Mmmm...that is insightful.
Posts 141 - 150 of 200