Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Monica-170264 said: May be wise to have people share some facts of the things that are happening in the administra...
(Quote) Monica-170264 said:

May be wise to have people share some facts of the things that are happening in the administration we have now. HERE ARE A FEW... maybe shorten what you want but it's just a thought

Executive Orders bypass Congress.

EXECUTIVE ORDERS ISSUED

Teddy Roosevelt 3

Others to FDR NONE

FDR 11 in 16 years

Truman 5 in 7 years

Ike 2 in 8 years

Kennedy 4 in 3 years

LBJ 4 in 5 years

Nixon 1 in 6 years

Ford 3 in 2 years

Carter 3 in 4 years

Reagan 5 in 8 years

Bush 3 in 4 years

Clinton 15 in 8 years

George W. Bush 62 in 8 years

Obama 923 in 3 1/2 years!

If you don't get the implications you're not paying attention. How many warnings do you need?

923 Executive Orders in 40 Months

During my lifetime, All Presidents have issued Executive Orders, for reasons that vary, some more than others.

When a President issued as many as 30 Ex. Orders during a term in Office,

people thought there was something Amiss.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT 923 EX. ORDERS IN ONE PART OF ONE TERM? YES, THERE IS A REASON,

IT'S THAT THE PRESIDENT IS DETERMINED TO TAKE CONTROL AWAY FROM THE HOUSE AND

THE SENATE.

Even some Democrats in the House have turned on him, plus a very small number of

Democrat Senators question him.

Not really surprising that he appointed "Czars" to be in charge of everything...THIS IS NOT FUNNY, AND IF YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN, YOU CAN EXPECT MORE!

Remember what he told Russia 's Putin: "I'll be more flexible after I'm re-elected".

THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION: Obama has signed 923 Executive Orders in 40 months!

What did Congress do in those 40 months? (The House - considerable. The Senate

-nothing, not even a budget nor allowing any House bill to be considered.) A

whole new order must prevail in Wash. DC as a result of this next election! Now

look at these:

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of

transportation and control of highways and seaports.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the registration of all persons. Postmaster General to operate a national registration

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issued over a fifteen year period.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate a penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.

Feel free to verify the "executive orders" at will... and these are just the major ones I'm sure you've all heard the tale of the "Frog in the Pot"... you all comfortable??? Watch Obama's actions, not his words! By his actions he will show you where America is headed.

Sounds to me like he is superseding the Constitution of the USA But, yet I did not find any provision in the US Constitution for such Executive Orders. Just this week, Obama has issued a new executive order that seeks to "harmonize" U.S. economic regulations with the rest of the world. This new executive order is yet another incremental step that is pushing us closer to a North American Union and a one world economic system.

Unfortunately, most Americans have absolutely no idea what is happening. The American people need to understand that Barack Obama is constantly looking for ways to integrate the United States more deeply with the rest of the world. The globalization of the world economy has accelerated under Obama, and this latest executive order represents a fundamental change in U.S. economic policy.

Now federal regulators will be required to "harmonize" their work with the international community.

IS THIS TO DIFFICULT TO BELIEVE? THEN PROVE TO YOURSELF IT'S WRONG.

Jesus said, I AM THE "TRUTH"

and it is your duty and mine to speak the truth. Then it is up to the person who hears it weather to accept or reject it. ~ Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta
--hide--

I think it is more like 136, which is still bad enough especially since one of them happened already in his second week of office and was to repeal Bush's executive order fwhich kept our tax dollars from going overseas for abortions....so thanks to Obama, we are now paying for abortions overseas too....bad enough we are in debt but to put us more in debt to kill babies oversears rather than help people....ahhhhh. At any rate though, I want to be accurate so we aren't using falsehoods like the left do....we have enough correct reasons for this man to gooooooo. OH, and welcome to the forums....keep us with the ideas and the help to get him out.

Oct 9th 2012 new

www.catholicmatch.com

My thread about the religious freedom rallies.

Oct 10th 2012 new

Actress Stacey Dash tweeted that she is supporting Romney/Ryan and she was immediately attacked by the left with things like "kill yourself" etc. She had supported Obama the first time around and is now supporting Romney due to Obama's record and this is what she gets as an African female....attacked!

Oct 10th 2012 new

peterseanesq.blogspot.com

Oct 10th 2012 new

peterseanesq.blogspot.com

Oct 10th 2012 new

Sorry Monica, as much as I would like to believe the info you posted, your list is just not factual.

According to the Federal Register which you can find by going to the National Archive website, President Obama has issued a total of only 135 EX. ORD. #s 13489 thru 14623. a total of only 135. That total includes Addendum and sub orders issued under a particular order #. So not only is the number you cite, 963, wrong but the Executive numbers given would indicate orders issued by earlier presidents, not Obama.

I did not research the titles of his orders nor verify the contents of His or the EOs you list for accuracy. No real need as whatever source you are citing or obtained your information from is mistaken and misleading.

I do not believe that you would intentianally try to mislead anyone here. But this is a caution to anyone, to check facts, Especially when the "facts" being given by whomever are so inflammatory.

This man's record is so poor just using even the biased data put out by him and his supporters, and our own personal experience of how his mismanagement has personally affected us, that this misleading and false data serves no useful purpose. In fact, it fuels the flames of the lefties who insist that Obama's opponents are crazy fanatics., or worse right wing Fascist's

(Quote) Monica-170264 said: May be wise to have people share some facts of the things that are happening in the administra...
(Quote) Monica-170264 said:

May be wise to have people share some facts of the things that are happening in the administration we have now. HERE ARE A FEW... maybe shorten what you want but it's just a thought

Executive Orders bypass Congress.

EXECUTIVE ORDERS ISSUED

Teddy Roosevelt 3

Others to FDR NONE

FDR 11 in 16 years

Truman 5 in 7 years

Ike 2 in 8 years

Kennedy 4 in 3 years

LBJ 4 in 5 years

Nixon 1 in 6 years

Ford 3 in 2 years

Carter 3 in 4 years

Reagan 5 in 8 years

Bush 3 in 4 years

Clinton 15 in 8 years

George W. Bush 62 in 8 years

Obama 923 in 3 1/2 years!

If you don't get the implications you're not paying attention. How many warnings do you need?

923 Executive Orders in 40 Months

During my lifetime, All Presidents have issued Executive Orders, for reasons that vary, some more than others.

When a President issued as many as 30 Ex. Orders during a term in Office,

people thought there was something Amiss.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT 923 EX. ORDERS IN ONE PART OF ONE TERM? YES, THERE IS A REASON,

IT'S THAT THE PRESIDENT IS DETERMINED TO TAKE CONTROL AWAY FROM THE HOUSE AND

THE SENATE.

Even some Democrats in the House have turned on him, plus a very small number of

Democrat Senators question him.

Not really surprising that he appointed "Czars" to be in charge of everything...THIS IS NOT FUNNY, AND IF YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN, YOU CAN EXPECT MORE!

Remember what he told Russia 's Putin: "I'll be more flexible after I'm re-elected".

THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION: Obama has signed 923 Executive Orders in 40 months!

What did Congress do in those 40 months? (The House - considerable. The Senate

-nothing, not even a budget nor allowing any House bill to be considered.) A

whole new order must prevail in Wash. DC as a result of this next election! Now

look at these:

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of

transportation and control of highways and seaports.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the registration of all persons. Postmaster General to operate a national registration

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issued over a fifteen year period.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate a penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.

Feel free to verify the "executive orders" at will... and these are just the major ones I'm sure you've all heard the tale of the "Frog in the Pot"... you all comfortable??? Watch Obama's actions, not his words! By his actions he will show you where America is headed.

Sounds to me like he is superseding the Constitution of the USA But, yet I did not find any provision in the US Constitution for such Executive Orders. Just this week, Obama has issued a new executive order that seeks to "harmonize" U.S. economic regulations with the rest of the world. This new executive order is yet another incremental step that is pushing us closer to a North American Union and a one world economic system.

Unfortunately, most Americans have absolutely no idea what is happening. The American people need to understand that Barack Obama is constantly looking for ways to integrate the United States more deeply with the rest of the world. The globalization of the world economy has accelerated under Obama, and this latest executive order represents a fundamental change in U.S. economic policy.

Now federal regulators will be required to "harmonize" their work with the international community.

IS THIS TO DIFFICULT TO BELIEVE? THEN PROVE TO YOURSELF IT'S WRONG.

Jesus said, I AM THE "TRUTH"

and it is your duty and mine to speak the truth. Then it is up to the person who hears it weather to accept or reject it. ~ Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta
--hide--

Oct 10th 2012 new
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: I understand this is just political rhetoric, but I hope people don't lite...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

I understand this is just political rhetoric, but I hope people don't literally believe that. How many businesses did not benefit from the government? How many were protected from theft by the police? How many had customers come to them or suppliers deliver to them on public roads? How many hired employees who learned to read and write in public schools?

All business, all organizatons - profit and non-profit, all individuals exist in society and government is a big part of society. Even the most strident libertarians must admit that pretty much every business in America has benefited from government in some form. (The libertarians would argue that those businesses would have been better off without government and its costs, but they cannot deny that in our current system - the last few hundred years - government is so part of society that everyone gets both benefits and costs.)

--hide--

This is essentially the ol' "Without slaves, who will pick the cotton?" argument. Just because things are done one way now, doesn't mean they can't or shouldn't be done another way. Civilization would never advance if we all held that mentality.
Oct 10th 2012 new

Yes, Charles, just because things are done one way now, doesn't mean they can't or shouldn't be done another way. I'm not arguing that. The libertarians would like to radically scale back government, and if they have their way, it will be different in the future.

I'm just saying in the past (and today) government benefits businesses. It also imposes costs on businesses. It is the height of arrogance when business owners imagine that they built it with no government help. (For the large majority of businesses, anyway). That would be like the antebellum plantation owner who imagines he personally picked the cotton.

Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: Yes, Charles, just because things are done one way now, doesn't mean they can't or should...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

Yes, Charles, just because things are done one way now, doesn't mean they can't or shouldn't be done another way. I'm not arguing that. The libertarians would like to radically scale back government, and if they have their way, it will be different in the future.

I'm just saying in the past (and today) government benefits businesses. It also imposes costs on businesses. It is the height of arrogance when business owners imagine that they built it with no government help. (For the large majority of businesses, anyway). That would be like the antebellum plantation owner who imagines he personally picked the cotton.

--hide--

Hi Cathy, I am not clear on what your stance is, but no matter how a business got started I don't think should be the question, I think we need to see the bigger picture. Obama is mandating these businesses provide Obamacare or else face strict fines. Well that includes providing contraception and abortion. That enough to me tells me that He is not for the business or cares about the morality of the people. WHy mandate something and impose a fine if it is morally agaisnt their principles. This is happening to many non profit Catholic Businesses.

There is no easy solution to our business problems but to impose a fine for not providing contraception and abortion... That is totally outrageous and should have all of us Catholics up in alarm.

May God help us and touch the minds of voters to see what is at stake and also for the candidates to stand up for life and morality. It is the backbone of our nation...

Peace and Prayers
Kathleen Praying rosary theheart

Oct 10th 2012 new
"We the People" paid for our bridges, roads, etc.

"We the People" are the work force which designed and put sweat equity into building and maintaining our bridges, roads, etc.

"We the People" "hired" and "paid salaries to" government/political officials "to work for us".

"We the People" can fire and replace those we "hired" and "paid" to work for our common good when they've got it all backwards.

"The Government" isn't a benevolent entity which descended upon our country to build bridges and roads for free.

Government/political officials are the stewards and public servants whom "We the People" entrusted with our money and our labors.

"We the People" did build that!
Posts 21 - 30 of 200