Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Gerald-283546 said: Universities in general are rapidly leftist.
(Quote) Gerald-283546 said:

Universities in general are rapidly leftist.

--hide--

You can say this again. I received the following by email yesterday:

According toOneNewsNow.com, Gallaudet University President Alan Hurwitz has placed chief diversity officer, Dr. Angela McCaskill, on paid leave because she signed a petition, while at church, to put the one man, one woman marriage issue on the Maryland ballot.

"This is one of those things where because she simply signed the petition, already she is being victimized, and she has been suspended from her position right now," Derek McCoy of theMaryland Marriage Alliancenotes.

"We just see that this is another one of those tacks where if somebody voices their opinion on marriage, they get villainized and also ostracized out of society and [told] 'You can't do that; you can't support marriage being between one man and one woman.'"

The petition McCaskill signed was successful, which means Maryland voters will decide in the November election whether to reject a bill passed by lawmakers that legalizes same-sex "marriage."

Dr. McCaskill serves as the school's chief diversity officer, and is. according to the university's website, the first deaf African American woman to earn a Ph.D. from Gallaudet

For more information: onenewsnow.com

If anyone wants to send a letter to Gaudette in support of Dr. McCaskill, the contact information and an editable form letter are available at secure.afa.net

Oct 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: You can say this again. I received the following by email yesterday: According toO...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

You can say this again. I received the following by email yesterday:

According toOneNewsNow.com, Gallaudet University President Alan Hurwitz has placed chief diversity officer, Dr. Angela McCaskill, on paid leave because she signed a petition, while at church, to put the one man, one woman marriage issue on the Maryland ballot.

"This is one of those things where because she simply signed the petition, already she is being victimized, and she has been suspended from her position right now," Derek McCoy of theMaryland Marriage Alliancenotes.

"We just see that this is another one of those tacks where if somebody voices their opinion on marriage, they get villainized and also ostracized out of society and [told] 'You can't do that; you can't support marriage being between one man and one woman.'"

The petition McCaskill signed was successful, which means Maryland voters will decide in the November election whether to reject a bill passed by lawmakers that legalizes same-sex "marriage."

Dr. McCaskill serves as the school's chief diversity officer, and is. according to the university's website, the first deaf African American woman to earn a Ph.D. from Gallaudet

For more information: onenewsnow.com

If anyone wants to send a letter to Gaudette in support of Dr. McCaskill, the contact information and an editable form letter are available at secure.afa.net

--hide--

This kind of action is outrageous! Thanks for the link, Jerry. I just sent a letter!

Oct 14th 2012 new

There is gold dealerin my area who advertises on the radio. He ends his ad this way (I will try my best to quote it exactly):

"If Obama is reelected, just think of the mess he is inheriting this time."

Truer words were never spoken. If I had money to burn I would make that into a bumber sticker, print millions of them and see that they got distributed everywhere.

Oct 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: There is gold dealerin my area who advertises on the radio. He ends his ad this way (I will try my...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

There is gold dealerin my area who advertises on the radio. He ends his ad this way (I will try my best to quote it exactly):

"If Obama is reelected, just think of the mess he is inheriting this time."

Truer words were never spoken. If I had money to burn I would make that into a bumber sticker, print millions of them and see that they got distributed everywhere.

--hide--

Yikes! That is "... a gold dealer in... ." And it should be bumper sticker not "bumber sticker"

Oct 14th 2012 new
I so very glad that I found this website. While I may not ever find a spouse, this site has been very useful in helping me understand some of the social politics that no one talks about. Like being within the wrong political majority for certain careers! Unbelievable.

That is all I will say for now, as I don't care to be cornered and bullied.

Imagine that. Being disliked for being a Catholic.
Oct 14th 2012 new
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: I so very glad that I found this website. While I may not ever find a spouse, this site has been very usefu...
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: I so very glad that I found this website. While I may not ever find a spouse, this site has been very useful in helping me understand some of the social politics that no one talks about. Like being within the wrong political majority for certain careers! Unbelievable.

That is all I will say for now, as I don't care to be cornered and bullied.

Imagine that. Being disliked for being a Catholic.
--hide--

You're in good company. Catholics have been "disliked" since the beginning of Christianity.
Oct 14th 2012 new
Diocese of Greensburg, PA

Forum on Religious Freedom

Sunday, October 28

Join Bishop Lawrence Brandt on Sunday, October 28, at 7:00 P.M. at the Bishop Connare Center, Greensburg, as the Diocese of Greensburg continues its celebration of the Year of Faith with a Forum on Religious Freedom.

Brad Tupi, an attorney from Pittsburgh who has worked in the area of religious freedom and the First Amendment, will lead a discussion followed by responses from a panel featuring Bishop Brandt.

There will also be time for questions for the panel from the audience. The Bishop Connare Center is located at 2900 Seminary Drive, Greensburg, 2 miles east of the Westmoreland Mall on U.S. Route 30. For more information co contact the Office for Evangelization and Faith Formation at 724-837-0901.
Oct 14th 2012 new
wave We are in immediate need of more help calling Catholic Book/Gift Stores in the swing states to request that they print Catholic Vote flyers and place them on their counters/share with customers.

It's a very easy task! The store owners/managers are very nice. Very cooperative and willing to participate.

There aren't many Catholic Book/Gift Stores per state. The list is a bit outdated...which reduces the assignment as well.

Please message me if you are willing to help. wave
Oct 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: I understand this is just political rhetoric, but I hope people don't liter...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

I understand this is just political rhetoric, but I hope people don't literally believe that. How many businesses did not benefit from the government? How many were protected from theft by the police? How many had customers come to them or suppliers deliver to them on public roads? How many hired employees who learned to read and write in public schools?

All business, all organizatons - profit and non-profit, all individuals exist in society and government is a big part of society. Even the most strident libertarians must admit that pretty much every business in America has benefited from government in some form. (The libertarians would argue that those businesses would have been better off without government and its costs, but they cannot deny that in our current system - the last few hundred years - government is so part of society that everyone gets both benefits and costs.)

--hide--

There is a difference between the use of the upper levels of society to facilitate the development of public goods such as roads that benefit the larger populace in the trade and investment that makes property and businesss productive to the demand by the State that, since the State provides all that the Church provided before it arose that all must bow and acquiese to the State. The later is the implied opinion of many an op/ed piece in this election, and comes to us from Hegel who taught that the State must arise as the presence of God on Earth.

In fact, he believed that the ultimate stage of collectivism, which developed coherent philosophical defense from Hegel, would be the deification of the State as ultimate.

On Hegel's worship of the state, Popper cites chilling and revealing passages:

The State is the Divine Idea as it exists on earth ... We must therefore worship the State as the manifestation of the Divine on earth ... The State is the march of God through the world ... The State must be comprehended as an organism ... To the complete State belongs, essentially, consciousness and thought. The State knows what it wills ... The State ... exists for its own sake ... The State is the actually existing, realized moral life.

lewrockwell.com

Oct 14th 2012 new

Thanks for the link. I just sent a letter as well.

Posts 61 - 70 of 200