Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: Um. This is what happens here on this Catholic site to people who acknowledge that they are go...
(Quote) Shannan-733493 said:

Um. This is what happens here on this Catholic site to people who acknowledge that they are going to vote for Obama. Although, to be fair, we are told that we are risking our souls and/or going to hell, that we aren't real Catholics rather than to kill ourselves.
--hide--

Well if you don't believe or follow the Churches teaching then you are at risk . Are you not??? It would make me apart of your sin if I did not inform you. Now i'm free of your sin and happy if you take the advice. But you have free will and if you want to go against the Catholic Church there is nothing more one can do, other then what except pray most Catholics in name wake up. here is the link if you choose to learn what the Church teaches. www.youtube.com

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Actress Stacey Dash tweeted that she is supporting ...
Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

Actress Stacey Dash tweeted that she is supporting Romney/Ryan and she was immediately attacked by the left with things like "kill yourself" etc. She had supported Obama the first time around and is now supporting Romney due to Obama's record and this is what she gets as an African female....attacked!

Um. This is what happens here on this Catholic site to people who acknowledge that they are going to vote for Obama. Although, to be fair, we are told that we are risking our souls and/or going to hell, that we aren't real Catholics rather than to kill ourselves.
--hide--

Actually, the bishop (the Church) is the one that said if you vote for someone who PROMOTES intrinsic evil (as does Obama) your soul is at risk. I think informing you of this is LOVE...as we wouldn't want anyone to go to hell. Certainly, it isn't telling you something horrible like to kill yourself or all the other horrible names she was called like oreo, etc.

Anyone have that quote handy as I don't remember who posted it in which thread first?

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: (Quote) Shannan-733493 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: ...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Quote:
Shannan-733493 said:
Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

Actress Stacey Dash tweeted that she is supporting Romney/Ryan and she was immediately attacked by the left with things like "kill yourself" etc. She had supported Obama the first time around and is now supporting Romney due to Obama's record and this is what she gets as an African female....attacked!

Actually, the bishop (the Church) is the one that said if you vote for someone who PROMOTES intrinsic evil (as does Obama) your soul is at risk. I think informing you of this is LOVE...as we wouldn't want anyone to go to hell. Certainly, it isn't telling you something horrible like to kill yourself or all the other horrible names she was called like oreo, etc.

Anyone have that quote handy as I don't remember who posted it in which thread first?

--hide--
On a more personal note...I can't understand how anyone could vote for someone who not only has promoted killing babies with our tax dollars but who has promised to continue to do so and to force us to be more and more a part of it against OUR conscience...apparently our rights and choices don't matter....but that is on a personal note.

Oct 15th 2012 new
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Actually, the bishop (the Church) is the one that said if you vote for someone who PROMOTES intrin...

--hide--

I believe and trust Cardinal Dolan, the bishops, and my local priests who say my duty is to inform myself on the issues and vote my conscience. Let's all agree to do that. I am not going against the church. I am following the church's teaching. My church has not told me to vote for Mitt Romney. I do not support abortion, but I also do not support Mr. Romney.

Peace be with you.
Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Actually, the bishop (the Church) is th...
Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

I believe and trust Cardinal Dolan, the bishops, and my local priests who say my duty is to inform myself on the issues and vote my conscience. Let's all agree to do that. I am not going against the church. I am following the church's teaching. My church has not told me to vote for Mitt Romney. I do not support abortion, but I also do not support Mr. Romney.

Peace be with you.
--hide--

HUH???? THEY DID come out for the first time EVER to say if we vote for someone who promotes intrinsic evil (as does Obama)our soul is at risk...I just told you that. I will find the link because a Bishop said it. Above someone also posted too a utube video that explains more church teaching on these issues as it is the the theology round table on EWTN discussing the issues....also and Wendy has posted how the church has come out for the first time for us to vote to repeal Obamacare. How are you following the church's teaching if you vote for someone who is forcing the church to pay for abortions and birth control??? At any rate, anyone telling you what the church teaching is....is concerned for your soul....believe me I am so happy that my conscience is formed by following the church's teachings...it would be really easy to say I am following my conscience and then to ignore what the church teaches...the easy way out for sure.

Oct 15th 2012 new

Here it is. A friend just sent it to me....thank you friend.

THIS CAME FROM THE BISHOP....AND IT WAS SPREAD FROM HIS WEB SITE AND THE CATHOLIC NEWS SERVICE TO ALL DIOCESE!!!

Bishop Paprocki warns of 'intrinsic evils' in Democratic platformwww.catholicnewsagency.com

His video statement: vimeo.com

Oct 15th 2012 new

Springfield, Ill., Sep 27, 2012 / 02:11 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Drawing particular attention to the Democratic Party platform’s support for “intrinsic evils” like abortion and “same-sex marriage,” Bishop Thomas J. Paprocki of Springfield, Ill. has said Catholics need to “think and pray very carefully” about their votes in the upcoming election.

“My job is not to tell you for whom you should vote. But I do have a duty to speak out on moral issues,” Bishop Paprocki said in his Sept. 23 column for the Catholic Times diocesan paper. “I would be abdicating this duty if I remained silent out of fear of sounding ‘political’ and didn't say anything about the morality of these issues.”

Oct 15th 2012 new

Links didn't work...here they are:

www.catholicnewsagency.com

vimeo.com

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: I believe and trust Cardinal Dolan, the bishops, and my local priests who say my duty is to in...

Peace be with you.
--hide--

Here is more news!

THE CHURCH IS SUING OBAMA! And you're going to vote for him. Huh? How can it be any clearer on how the Church feels.

BREAKING: Cardinal Dolan of NY, Cardinal Wuerl of D.C., Notre Dame--And 40 Other Catholic Dioceses and Organizations--Sue Obama Administration

cnsnews.com

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: (Quote) Shannan-733493 said: I believe and trust Cardinal Dolan, the bis...

Quote:
Shannan-733493 said:

Peace be with you.

Here is more news!

THE CHURCH IS SUING OBAMA! And you're going to vote for him. Huh? How can it be any clearer on how the Church feels.

BREAKING: Cardinal Dolan of NY, Cardinal Wuerl of D.C., Notre Dame--And 40 Other Catholic Dioceses and Organizations--Sue Obama Administration

cnsnews.com

--hide--
Wow, this is really interesting. I am reading it myself for the first time...wow!

Posts 81 - 90 of 200