Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 27th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: yes we are . . at least those of us who aren't caught in a self-created web of d...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

yes we are . . at least those of us who aren't caught in a self-created web of delusions, denial, and dysfunction. the toughest nuts to crack are the ones who truly believe their own monstrous BS.

--hide--

So true!

Oct 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Mark-741232 said: Like someone else had mentioned, selfishness is a big reason why there are more singles these days...
(Quote) Mark-741232 said:

Like someone else had mentioned, selfishness is a big reason why there are more singles these days.

I may be wrong, but I think one of the main reasons why there are 10 reasons and more, is because of a great lack of positive role models for a healthy relationship and/or marriage.

Doesn't it seem like dysfunctional families, are the norm these days?

--hide--

hmm, is there really more dysfunction or is it just that we are analyzing things these days and labeling them? I really don't know.

Oct 28th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: then i'm an exception. the last thing i want is a woman who's more than...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

then i'm an exception. the last thing i want is a woman who's more than a few years younger than me. a few years older is OK. but i want someone atthe same stage of life. there is NO WAY i'd want to have a relationship with a woman in her 20's or 30's. we'd look ridiciulous. it would not be good for her spending her prime years with an ailing codger. we wouldn't have much to talk about. having brought 5 children into the world, i don't want to become a father again at this stage in my life. why would i want to be 70 with a kid in high school? what good would that be for the kid? i love older women. i had my days of youth and young women but know when that became the past instead of an ongoing thing.

as they say in sicily "the grey mare is always the better horse."

--hide--
There you are David, You have chosen the right clothes to wear from the closet. You are clear in your choice.

Posts 171 - 173 of 173