Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 14th 2012 new

SNL parody of the VP debate: www.hulu.com

Oct 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: All this time, I have been pointing out how rude Biden was to interupt, etc....h...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

All this time, I have been pointing out how rude Biden was to interupt, etc....however, on Hannity, he points out how rude the moderator was interrupting Ryan continually just as he was about to make a point every time....you could really see it when he showed the clips....poor Ryan had it on both fronts....that moderator was helping Biden to no end. I don't know what is wrong with the republicans to keep letting these moderators moderate.

--hide--

I was working during the Presidential debate, but I was able to watch the VP one, and what you mentioned was one of the first things I noticed. I missed the very beginning of the debate, but as soon as I changed channels, I immediately disliked the moderator. I'm not really big into politics, but I felt I should try to be a bit informed before voting this year. At the end of the debate, I felt it was entirely pointless and I wondered why I even bothered. The entire time, it felt like a double team against Ryan, with both Biden interrupting and the moderating challenging all of his answers. It was completely biased and unfair, and I was frustrated throughout the entire debate. I should have just turned it into a drinking game for every time Biden called Ryan "my friend." laughing

Oct 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Danielle-778585 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: All this time, I have been ...
(Quote) Danielle-778585 said:

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

All this time, I have been pointing out how rude Biden was to interupt, etc....however, on Hannity, he points out how rude the moderator was interrupting Ryan continually just as he was about to make a point every time....you could really see it when he showed the clips....poor Ryan had it on both fronts....that moderator was helping Biden to no end. I don't know what is wrong with the republicans to keep letting these moderators moderate.

I was working during the Presidential debate, but I was able to watch the VP one, and what you mentioned was one of the first things I noticed. I missed the very beginning of the debate, but as soon as I changed channels, I immediately disliked the moderator. I'm not really big into politics, but I felt I should try to be a bit informed before voting this year. At the end of the debate, I felt it was entirely pointless and I wondered why I even bothered. The entire time, it felt like a double team against Ryan, with both Biden interrupting and the moderating challenging all of his answers. It was completely biased and unfair, and I was frustrated throughout the entire debate. I should have just turned it into a drinking game for every time Biden called Ryan "my friend."

--hide--
You made me chuckle....."my friend" drinking game during the debates...LOL. laughing

Oct 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: SNL parody of the VP debate: www.hulu.com
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

--hide--
pretty funny

Oct 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: SNL parody of the VP debate: www.hulu.com

--hide--
I didn't like their comment about the baby looking like a bean....that isn't what Ryan said and SNL is implying it isn't a human again....I think

Oct 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I didn't like their comment about the baby looking like a bean....that isn't what Ryan s...

I didn't like their comment about the baby looking like a bean....that isn't what Ryan said and SNL is implying it isn't a human again....I think

--hide--

I didn't hear the statement in the real debate, and I may be wrong, but I think you're reading too much into it. I took it that they were just making fun of the bean statement, whatever it may have been.

Oct 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I didn't like their comment about the baby ...

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

I didn't hear the statement in the real debate, and I may be wrong, but I think you're reading too much into it. I took it that they were just making fun of the bean statement, whatever it may have been.

--hide--
In the real debate, if I recollect correctly, he said that their baby was so tiny that they nicknamed her bean...not that she looked like one. Oh well.....

Oct 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I didn't like their comment about the baby ...

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

--hide--
In the real debate, if I recollect correctly, he said that their baby was so tiny that they nicknamed her bean...not that she looked like one. Oh well.....

Oct 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: You made me chuckle....."my friend" drinking game during the debates...LOL.

You made me chuckle....."my friend" drinking game during the debates...LOL.

--hide--

Hehe. Somebody actually counted! He said it 14 times!!

As far as the 'bean' comment.....I believe he was just referencing the fact that at the time of the sonogram, the baby was still small enough to be somewhat shaped like a bean....which it does. My cousin did the same thing and called her son 'bean' until she knew the sex and even continued on til his birth, at which time she gave him the strong name of Daniel. Don't know after whom he was named..... scratchchin

Oct 26th 2012 new

Here is something from my friend's blog on Biden's behavior:

peterseanesq.blogspot.com

Posts 151 - 160 of 162