Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

10/11/2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-878558 said: I'm not too confident on this. Romney has not been very reliable, and frankly, I can'...
(Quote) Kathleen-878558 said:

I'm not too confident on this. Romney has not been very reliable, and frankly, I can't believe Paul Ryan is giving in to the exceptions. I guess it's progress, but still, If Paul Ryan wants to rely on his Catholicism, then do it or don't. This half measures stuff is unsettling.

I do give Ryan credit, though, for how he wonderfully got in that he not only relies on Catholicism, he also relies on science and reason. Good job.
--hide--

I heard Biden's answer to that question, and figured, "well, if you don't believe what the Church teaches about life, then "social(ist) justice" is all you got."

OTOH, I don't like Romney giving in to exceptions. That just says, as one correctly pointed out, that neither believe in a Right to Life, but just disagree about who is expendable. wide eyed

10/11/2012 new

The goofy smile/laugh/smirk was not very vice-presidential. Just think if he dd that while negotiating with Putin. Our next war would be settled by a duel - if Joe showed up.

10/11/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I am afraid I missed how many minutes each got but Biden kept interrupting....
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

I am afraid I missed how many minutes each got but Biden kept interrupting....
--hide--

It is amazing....I like switching back and forth between news stations to see their responses. Wallace called it disrespectful...which it was...NBC said he was being friendly and respectful when he used the words "my friend" and lauged....he was condescending but they twisted it.

10/11/2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: (Quote) Kathleen-878558 said: I'm not too confident on this. Romney ...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

Quote:
Kathleen-878558 said:

I'm not too confident on this. Romney has not been very reliable, and frankly, I can't believe Paul Ryan is giving in to the exceptions. I guess it's progress, but still, If Paul Ryan wants to rely on his Catholicism, then do it or don't. This half measures stuff is unsettling.

I do give Ryan credit, though, for how he wonderfully got in that he not only relies on Catholicism, he also relies on science and reason. Good job.

I heard Biden's answer to that question, and figured, "well, if you don't believe what the Church teaches about life, then "social(ist) justice" is all you got."

OTOH, I don't like Romney giving in to exceptions. That just says, as one correctly pointed out, that neither believe in a Right to Life, but just disagree about who is expendable.

--hide--
While Romney does give in to exceptions, Ryan does not....he said so tonight that he knew life began at conception (he went to Catholic school too did you know that), but Ryan did say that the republican platform does give in to those exceptions.

10/11/2012 new

(Quote) John-559440 said: The goofy smile/laugh/smirk was not very vice-presidential. Just think if he dd that while negotia...
(Quote) John-559440 said:

The goofy smile/laugh/smirk was not very vice-presidential. Just think if he dd that while negotiating with Putin. Our next war would be settled by a duel - if Joe showed up.

--hide--

The smile aside, I am sooo sick of how they just LIE....I mean he was taking credit for himself and Obama for the sanctions against Iran when they fought the sanctions at every turn...the sanctions are because of congress!!!! Ryan pointed that out and he still kept lying about it...I'm so sick of these politicians getting away with lying. So far listening to the post discussions, I haven't heard any news stations bring this up!

10/11/2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Biden's comment about how the Rich are patriotic and don't want tax cuts was funny....I ...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Biden's comment about how the Rich are patriotic and don't want tax cuts was funny....I guess some are...but I'm not rich, but if I was I can guarantee that I still wouldn't want the govt. stealing my money to give it to where they think it should go like abortions and birth control...I'd rather take care of donating my ten percent to where I felt God wanted it to go....

Chris Wallace said he has never seen a debate where someone was as rude as Biden!

--hide--

I liked what Ryan said about how this tax on the rich would only run the govt. for six days anyway because of their spending and then it is going to come down to the middle class paying it....so true.

10/11/2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: To me, it appears Ryan is factual and Biden is sarcastic....I can guaran...

To me, it appears Ryan is factual and Biden is sarcastic....I can guarantee you that people will see what they want though....and tax cuts by Obama/Biden....are you serious.....they are raising taxes beyond any previous admin ever.... to pay for Obamacare which is only helping planned parenthood to provide more birthcontrol and abortions cause I still don't have medical!

--hide--

It's all part of the culture within that administration.

online.wsj.com

10/11/2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: ....and they get asked about how their religion affects their prolife views????B...

....and they get asked about how their religion affects their prolife views????

Biden a practicing Catholic????

--hide--

As Ryan said "sometimes the works don't come out of your mouth the right way". Biden mistook "practicing" to "admitting" he was a Catholic.

10/11/2012 new

CNN post-debate poll results on who won the debate: Ryan 48% Biden 44%

10/11/2012 new

(Quote) Brian-699857 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: To me, it appears Ryan...
(Quote) Brian-699857 said:

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

To me, it appears Ryan is factual and Biden is sarcastic....I can guarantee you that people will see what they want though....and tax cuts by Obama/Biden....are you serious.....they are raising taxes beyond any previous admin ever.... to pay for Obamacare which is only helping planned parenthood to provide more birthcontrol and abortions cause I still don't have medical!

It's all part of the culture within that administration.

online.wsj.com

--hide--
What is amazing about that article is that Obama is calling Romney a "liar"....OMG>

Posts 31 - 40 of 162