Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Biden's comment about how the Rich are patriotic and don't want tax cuts was funny....I ...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Biden's comment about how the Rich are patriotic and don't want tax cuts was funny....I guess some are...but I'm not rich, but if I was I can guarantee that I still wouldn't want the govt. stealing my money to give it to where they think it should go like abortions and birth control...I'd rather take care of donating my ten percent to where I felt God wanted it to go....

Chris Wallace said he has never seen a debate where someone was as rude as Biden!

--hide--

"When a wise person debates with a fool, the fool rages and laughs, and there is no peace and quiet." ~ Proverbs 29:9

Oct 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: CNN post-debate poll results on who won the debate: Ryan 48% Biden 44%
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

CNN post-debate poll results on who won the debate: Ryan 48% Biden 44%

--hide--
Well that is good....all the news stations except Fox are calling it a draw or even saying Biden won......I think anyway...I'm switching around.

Oct 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: "When a wise person debates with a fool, the fool rages and laughs, and ...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

"When a wise person debates with a fool, the fool rages and laughs, and there is no peace and quiet." ~ Proverbs 29:9

--hide--
laughing How in the world did you find that...or know that one?

Oct 11th 2012 new
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: According to NBC, she did an excellent job.....yea right! She was horrible....gave Biden free rei...

According to NBC, she did an excellent job.....yea right! She was horrible....gave Biden free reign.

--hide--
Ryan let Biden walk all over him. He should have been more assertive. He missed many opportunities. Have to say, I'm disappointed because Ryan has what is necessary to clean Biden's clock...superior intellect...decency...facts on his side, Obama's horrible record to work with. Libya!

Biden's strategy was to constantly distract by being disruptive, make faces, noises, interrupt...as a means to mask Ryan's message and make it disjointed. Biden was creating noise to reduce the signal. Lawyers employ this strategy with constant "objections".

Ryan is a brilliant number's guy. He'll sit in an office trying to find ways to save the economy. That's why I like him so much! He's exactly what we need. A Catholic boy scout who is fiscally and morally disciplined.

Biden is a charmer...with a big personality. He's full of hot air. He's an idiot.

A Heartbeat Away - www.youtube.com
Oct 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I have already gotten notices from the IRS at work that the average person will pay an additiona...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

I have already gotten notices from the IRS at work that the average person will pay an additional 1000 in tax withheld in 2013. Now that is not the "rich guy" that is the middle class person. Also if you are a parent you will lose your Child Tax Credit and several other credits that help in your annual tax paid.

And the so called rebate from health dollars for Obama Care???? It amounted to a whole .41 cents a pay check for the employees at my work & there was no provision that if it cost your company more to fix this so called set up of how much you pay for health care you can opt out of the refund..... Now I wonder how many of our employees even noticed they got a 41 cent increase in their pay????/
--hide--

That is a very clear demonstration of Bush's tax cuts actually meant to the average person.

Yes, the rich got more cash money out of his tax cut. That would have been true if they had only gotten a 1% cut because there is so much more involved. But more important, the fewer dollars the middle class got in tax cuts, meant more to them than the bigger dollars the rich got.

The reality of the Bush's tax cuts is that the rich received an average of only a 10% cut in the actual taxes they pay; the vast middle class received a 33% cut in their taxes, while those who fall at and below the lower middle class received a 100% cut in their income taxes. For the poor, if they had been paying taxes before, they received more than 100% in income tax cuts because they received rebates of the SS and medicare taxes as well.

Welcome to the "through the looking glass" world of the wacky left where the $1000 extra the middle class will pay means they are getting a tax cut and forgets to mention the millions of working poor who were paying nothing under the Bush cuts will now be paying income taxes again.

Oct 11th 2012 new
(Quote) Paul-866591 said: That is a very clear demonstration of Bush's tax cuts actually meant to the average person.<...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

That is a very clear demonstration of Bush's tax cuts actually meant to the average person.

Yes, the rich got more cash money out of his tax cut. That would have been true if they had only gotten a 1% cut because there is so much more involved. But more important, the fewer dollars the middle class got in tax cuts, meant more to them than the bigger dollars the rich got.

The reality of the Bush's tax cuts is that the rich received an average of only a 10% cut in the actual taxes they pay; the vast middle class received a 33% cut in their taxes, while those who fall at and below the lower middle class received a 100% cut in their income taxes. For the poor, if they had been paying taxes before, they received more than 100% in income tax cuts because they received rebates of the SS and medicare taxes as well.

Welcome to the "through the looking glass" world of the wacky left where the $1000 extra the middle class will pay means they are getting a tax cut and forgets to mention the millions of working poor who were paying nothing under the Bush cuts will now be paying income taxes again.

--hide--
The problem is the ones this will affect most are the ones who have kids to feed & no way to make up the difference this tax increase has on their wallets.

scratchchin
Oct 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: ....and they get asked about how their religion affects their prolife views????B...

....and they get asked about how their religion affects their prolife views????

Biden a practicing Catholic????

--hide--

I can't believe Biden had the nerve to question Ryan's belief about his faith.

"Now with regard to the way in which the -- we differ, my friend says that he -- well I guess he accepts Governor Romney's position now, because in the past he has argued that there was -- there's rape and forcible rape. He's argued that in the case of rape or incest, it was still -- it would be a crime to engage in having an abortion. I just fundamentally disagree with my friend."

Read more: www.foxnews.com

So Biden is willing to essentially say that Ryan and Romney are in lockstep on this subject, but overlooks that in the end, this is the Romney ticket. If Biden really had the nerve to go there, then his own comment about not imposing his "belief" that he doesn't have right to tell people what to to with their bodies as being practicing? Sounds like Biden has forsaken his own position to that of Obama.

Oct 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: NBC is calling the comment "my friend" and the laughing....respectful and friendly...O...

NBC is calling the comment "my friend" and the laughing....respectful and friendly...OMG.

--hide--

How funny. They can't tell us what it means to us. How stupid they are to try to spin it their way. BODY LANGUAGE IS OURS TO INTERPRET so is his address which was not respectful. This is what happened as soon as it was over that the liberal media and Stephanopolis began to say Biden won. rolling eyes Spin away---They are wrong.

Oct 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: The problem is the ones this will affect most are the ones who have kids to feed & no way to make up...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: The problem is the ones this will affect most are the ones who have kids to feed & no way to make up the difference this tax increase has on their wallets.

--hide--

They will just have to go out a get second and or third jobs. Obama would then count them as employed 2 or 3 times and bring the unemployment figures down even further. eyepopping boggled faint Blinded by love faint sad boggled boggled boggled boggled :boggled:

Oct 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: While Romney does give in to exceptions, Ryan does not....he said so tonight that he knew life b...

While Romney does give in to exceptions, Ryan does not....he said so tonight that he knew life began at conception (he went to Catholic school too did you know that), but Ryan did say that the republican platform does give in to those exceptions.

--hide--

As Ryan pointed out, if Roe v, Wade is reversed the states, not the federal government, will decide what is legal. Romney's opinion doesn't matter.

The goal is to save lives. More lives are save by taking small steps now than by waiting for an indefinite time to make a single leap. The longer things continue as they are the tighter the grip Satan gains on society, the more expansive the moral decay, and the less likely it is that any improvement will be made.

The quicker we can get people to recognize the evils of abortion the more graces people will gain and the faster we can begin to turn the pervasive moral decay around.

We can't accept the exemptions as a final goal, but if we have to accept then for now in order to win the first battles, so be it. As bad as killing 20% of the babies we are killing now is, it's better than killing 100% of them.

Posts 41 - 50 of 162