Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Biden...a practicing Catholic?

Oct 11th 2012 new
Tonight we saw two Catholic debated each other on the issue of abortion and religious freedom. Biden said he's a practicing catholic...what? Are you kidding me? People who practice their faiths are people who follow the teaching of their Church aka the Ten Commandments...fifth commandment: You shall not kill! I hope Americans won't buy a word he said!
Oct 11th 2012 new

I spoke back to the TV when he said that too! He might go to Church, and as affable a guy as I think him to be, he is a scandal, and will have much to account for one day.

Oct 11th 2012 new

Absolutely true, just as it is with so very many "Catholics" in Washington...pure hypocrites. I've wondered about the same thing on Catholic Match and once requested a poll asking how people on this site, who do not subscribe to the teachings and doctrines of the Church, can consider themselves to be "practicing" Catholics. Unfortunately, the poll was never run, but I would have been very interested in what these people's perspectives are about their Catholicism.

Oct 11th 2012 new

I listened to part of the debate on the radio because I cannot look at Obama or Biden. When Biden was debating Ryan this evening, did anyone count how many times Biden kept say uh, uh, uh, uh. Seemed kind of nervous to me.

When then question came up about Biden being a practicing Catholic I thought to myself this is a joke!

Oct 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Denise-687929 said: I listened to part of the debate on the radio because I cannot look at Obama or Biden. When Biden was debatin...
(Quote) Denise-687929 said:

I listened to part of the debate on the radio because I cannot look at Obama or Biden. When Biden was debating Ryan this evening, did anyone count how many times Biden kept say uh, uh, uh, uh. Seemed kind of nervous to me.

When then question came up about Biden being a practicing Catholic I thought to myself this is a joke!

--hide--

And I thought practicing? hasn't gotten it right yet, has he??
Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: Tonight we saw two Catholic debated each other on the issue of abortion and religious freedom. Biden said...
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: Tonight we saw two Catholic debated each other on the issue of abortion and religious freedom. Biden said he's a practicing catholic...what? Are you kidding me? People who practice their faiths are people who follow the teaching of their Church aka the Ten Commandments...fifth commandment: You shall not kill! I hope Americans won't buy a word he said!
--hide--

No kidding, I don't get it either. Ugh.

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Victoria-691000 said: No kidding, I don't get it either. Ugh.
(Quote) Victoria-691000 said:

No kidding, I don't get it either. Ugh.

--hide--

It encapsulated exactly the reason I gave up voting for Democrats. In their quest to be equal and fair to all people, they have lost any sense of what is moral. For Biden to have to admit that directly on National television must have felt like he sold his soul once and for all to the devil. I pitied him. As a fellow Catholic, he needs our prayers. Hopefully, losing this election may grant him the opportunity to redeem himself. For his sake, I hope so.

Oct 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: Tonight we saw two Catholic debated each other on the issue of abortion and religious freedom. Biden said...
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: Tonight we saw two Catholic debated each other on the issue of abortion and religious freedom. Biden said he's a practicing catholic...what? Are you kidding me? People who practice their faiths are people who follow the teaching of their Church aka the Ten Commandments...fifth commandment: You shall not kill! I hope Americans won't buy a word he said!
--hide--

It was preposterous. But let's not take other people's moral inventory. Instead, we must focus on being better and more faithful Catholics ourselves.

Oct 19th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: It was preposterous. But let's not take other people's moral inventory. Inst...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

It was preposterous. But let's not take other people's moral inventory. Instead, we must focus on being better and more faithful Catholics ourselves.

--hide--
It reminds me of "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone...."

Personally, I believe that Biden's position, which he claims is not to impose his beliefs on others, is a cop-out. He has had opportunities such as very few of us have, to avoid this moral mess to begin with. It's sad when politicians bow to political pressure and vote against what their consciences are telling them to do. It's all too common -- and it serves as a great tool for them to be re-elected.

"All that evil needs to triumph is for good people to remain silent." I've used that quote (source not recalled) often because our voices are silent or meek. The forthcoming election is an opportunity for our voices to be heard. The country is in the midst of changes that could potentially affect its very foundation.

What say us???

Oct 21st 2012 new

I think the problem today is how Catholic Social Teaching is portrayed. Many Catholics believe that the pro-life issue is equal to the other social issues like taking care of the poor. What needs to be taught is that the being pro-life is a non negotiabl (and in reality a human right issue, not a Catholic or religious issue). The other social issues are important but Catholics can solve the problems in different ways. I was digusted how Joe Biden treated Paul Ryan during the debate and how he lied so easily about how the religious institutions aren't forced to pay for contraception/abortions. I hope one day he sees the truth.

Posts 1 - 10 of 13