Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

I made a friend a few months ago and somehow sparked an interest in his heart to get back to churchand learn more about his faith. He even attended a very charismatic mass and eucharistic adoration with me. Sadly though, a week or two ago, he confessed to having a problem with alcohol. I later found out from a family member of his that he's struggled with alcohol for 10 years or so, tried rehab a few times and had no long term success yet. Two days ago he was hopsitalized for drinking rubbing alcohol. surprised Today has was released, sent back to the ER and was released again for doing the same thing a few hours after returning home. sad Clearly this is a beast of a trial for him and I as a friend can't do more than what I've already been doing, save for this small plea to my fellow prayerful people. Please please please, pray for the healing of this friend of mine and that rehabilitation would help him beat this. More than anything I would love for him to open his heart just enough to let God give him the strength he needs and the healing I know his heart longs for. Thank you so much in advance and the peace of Christ be with you all. theheart

Oct 13th 2012 new

I am not aware of a Patron Saint for substance abusers, St. Dymphna is the patron of people with mental and emotional disorders. I am in recovery and pray for her intersession in my life. I would encourage anyone else to do the same for themselves or others iin the grips of substance abuse. I hope this is of some help.

Oct 13th 2012 new

Praying Prayers offered for complete healing rosary theheart Dove

Oct 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Michelle-176368 said: I made a friend a few months ago and somehow sparked an interest in his heart to get back to c...
(Quote) Michelle-176368 said:

I made a friend a few months ago and somehow sparked an interest in his heart to get back to churchand learn more about his faith. He even attended a very charismatic mass and eucharistic adoration with me. Sadly though, a week or two ago, he confessed to having a problem with alcohol. I later found out from a family member of his that he's struggled with alcohol for 10 years or so, tried rehab a few times and had no long term success yet. Two days ago he was hopsitalized for drinking rubbing alcohol. Today has was released, sent back to the ER and was released again for doing the same thing a few hours after returning home. Clearly this is a beast of a trial for him and I as a friend can't do more than what I've already been doing, save for this small plea to my fellow prayerful people. Please please please, pray for the healing of this friend of mine and that rehabilitation would help him beat this. More than anything I would love for him to open his heart just enough to let God give him the strength he needs and the healing I know his heart longs for. Thank you so much in advance and the peace of Christ be with you all.

--hide--
muslim and buddha are dumb(animals-they are one with the beast).

Jude 1:23 others you will save, snatching them from condemnation. Treat the others with compassion but also with prudence, shunning even the clothes which touched their body.

in jesus christ name i pray, amen. Praying

Oct 13th 2012 new

Dear Michelle,

I will pray for this man and others struggling with addiction. It certainly sounds like he needs help and I hope he his in a place that offers that. Alcoholism is a brutal cycle to be trapped in. The only great thing about the disease is that there is hope for recovery. God does heal people willing to let Him take the reins in their lives. You may want to get a small daily book of reflections/meditations from Alanon for yourself. Another good book is "I Never Saw the Sunrise." I'm not sure of the author.

Derrick, congratulations on taking care of yourself. There is such a freedom in living a life without chemicals that is incomparable to any high.

May God bless you both!

Oct 13th 2012 new

Praying Praying

Oct 13th 2012 new

(((Michelle)))

Be assured of my prayers for your friend..

Bless you. Praying rosary

Oct 13th 2012 new
Praying Praying rosary rosary
Oct 13th 2012 new
(Quote) Derrick-856405 said: I am not aware of a Patron Saint for substance abusers, St. Dymphna is the patron of people with mental and e...
(Quote) Derrick-856405 said:

I am not aware of a Patron Saint for substance abusers, St. Dymphna is the patron of people with mental and emotional disorders. I am in recovery and pray for her intersession in my life. I would encourage anyone else to do the same for themselves or others iin the grips of substance abuse. I hope this is of some help.

--hide--

St. Maximilian Kolbe is a patron saint of drug addicts, political prisoners, families, journalists, prisoners, and the pro-life movement.
Oct 13th 2012 new

Praying rosary

Posts 1 - 10 of 36