Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Oct 13th 2012 new

Praying

Oct 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: (Quote) Michelle-176368 said: I made a friend a few months ago and so...
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said:

Quote:
Michelle-176368 said:

I made a friend a few months ago and somehow sparked an interest in his heart to get back to churchand learn more about his faith. He even attended a very charismatic mass and eucharistic adoration with me. Sadly though, a week or two ago, he confessed to having a problem with alcohol. I later found out from a family member of his that he's struggled with alcohol for 10 years or so, tried rehab a few times and had no long term success yet. Two days ago he was hopsitalized for drinking rubbing alcohol. Today has was released, sent back to the ER and was released again for doing the same thing a few hours after returning home. Clearly this is a beast of a trial for him and I as a friend can't do more than what I've already been doing, save for this small plea to my fellow prayerful people. Please please please, pray for the healing of this friend of mine and that rehabilitation would help him beat this. More than anything I would love for him to open his heart just enough to let God give him the strength he needs and the healing I know his heart longs for. Thank you so much in advance and the peace of Christ be with you all.

Your friend has a wounded past, that taking alcohol is for him a form of escapism. No matter what others would do to help him, the past when it haunts him would make him drink again. If you can dig deeper into his confidence try to ask him what bothers him. If he becomes defensive and retract, just tell him he is self-destructing and you want to help him because you care as a friend. Begin with letting him feel his self-worth. Deviate his time to feeling the softness of the rain and the warmth of the sun. Let him appreciate life. It is a tall process but I've done this to a friend with similar situation. Maybe he blames himself. All my prayers during the week I will offer for his healing. Peace

--hide--

Liberacion, That is beautiful! rose

Oct 14th 2012 new

Praying Praying hug

Oct 14th 2012 new

Matthew 17:21, when the disciples asked Him why they couldn't cast out a demon, Jesus' reply was "...this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting." By this He told us that there is spiritual power in prayer and fasting that can't be obtained any other way.

Prayers for this young man and for you too Derrick, that you may continue to be steady on your road up and out and past.

Oct 14th 2012 new

Thanks Michelle-like you said a beast of a trial----so hard----May the Mercy of Jesus Lovetheheart intercesson of Mother Mary -Saints of Heaven Angels of God pray for your friend---May his heart be transformed(nice insight what his heart seeks(: ) -healed by the Balm of Gilead-Love-----Come Holy Spirit be with him through this fight--by the Power of the Cross and Resurrection may he be set free--God is stronger then anything else He is Lord of Lords and King of Kings--nothing is impossible with Him---theheart rosary

Oct 14th 2012 new

Praying Praying

Oct 14th 2012 new

It sounds like he needs a psychiatrist...was drinking rubbing alcohol an attempted suicide.... Praying Praying rosary

Oct 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Michelle-655299 said: It sounds like he needs a psychiatrist...was drinking rubbing alcohol an attempted suicide.......
(Quote) Michelle-655299 said:

It sounds like he needs a psychiatrist...was drinking rubbing alcohol an attempted suicide....

--hide--

Some alcoholics will try to get their alcohol through any means...cold medicine, mouthwash or rubbing alcohol.
Praying

Oct 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Michelle-176368 said: I made a friend a few months ago and somehow sparked an interest in his heart to get back to c...
(Quote) Michelle-176368 said:

I made a friend a few months ago and somehow sparked an interest in his heart to get back to churchand learn more about his faith. He even attended a very charismatic mass and eucharistic adoration with me. Sadly though, a week or two ago, he confessed to having a problem with alcohol. I later found out from a family member of his that he's struggled with alcohol for 10 years or so, tried rehab a few times and had no long term success yet. Two days ago he was hopsitalized for drinking rubbing alcohol. Today has was released, sent back to the ER and was released again for doing the same thing a few hours after returning home. Clearly this is a beast of a trial for him and I as a friend can't do more than what I've already been doing, save for this small plea to my fellow prayerful people. Please please please, pray for the healing of this friend of mine and that rehabilitation would help him beat this. More than anything I would love for him to open his heart just enough to let God give him the strength he needs and the healing I know his heart longs for. Thank you so much in advance and the peace of Christ be with you all.

--hide--
Praying Praying Praying theheart

Oct 14th 2012 new

Praying

Posts 21 - 30 of 36