Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Oct 14th 2012 new

Prayers ascending for your friend, and all those struggling with addictions. Lord hear our prayers. Amen. Praying rosary hug

Oct 14th 2012 new

Praying

Oct 15th 2012 new

Praying Praying

I am praying not just for your friend but for you as well. It is very hard to watch a friend self destruct. May God give you the strenght to continue to stand by your friends side as he continues to fight his addiction. He has a very long and bumpy road ahead of him.

God Bless

Oct 15th 2012 new

That is intense! Wishing him well, those demons are hard to fight alone. God Bless!

Oct 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Barbara-605462 said: Some alcoholics will try to get their alcohol through any means...cold medicine, mouthw...
(Quote) Barbara-605462 said:

Some alcoholics will try to get their alcohol through any means...cold medicine, mouthwash or rubbing alcohol.

--hide--

Yes, but generally if they can afford it they will buy the real stuff.

Some medicines have a lot of real alcohol in them; ethyl alcohol,

but rubbing alcohol is really going to make you feel ill, I do not

know if it makes you feel all that drunk

Oct 17th 2012 new
Thank you all so much for your prayers and suggestions. I just wrote out a really nice update on my friend, but it seems CM is being a little glitchy tonight. Long story short, my friend is okay, I've armed him with some heavy prayer artillery and the knowledge that he's not the only one praying. He won't be going to rehab this time around, so I know his prayers and ours are going to be absolutely crucial. Christ's peace be with you all. biggrin
Posts 31 - 36 of 36