Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 17th 2012 new
For those who haven't seen "2016: Obama's America" it came out on video yesterday! Rent a copy tonight.

For those who have already seen it, encourage others (family, neighbors, friends, co-workers) to rent the DVD.

It's, also, available in libraries.
Oct 18th 2012 new

news.yahoo.com

Oct 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Charles-211696 said: news.yahoo.com.
(Quote) Charles-211696 said:

news.yahoo.com

--hide--

Very interesting Charles. I guess he will have to make another movie to support himself.

Now maybe Obama will be separating from his wife because those two have had parallel
lives in many ways.

Obama was POTUS, and De Sousa was a college president.

Oct 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Very interesting Charles. I guess he will have to make another movie to support himsel...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Very interesting Charles. I guess he will have to make another movie to support himself.

Now maybe Obama will be separating from his wife because those two have had parallel
lives in many ways.

Obama was POTUS, and De Sousa was a college president.

--hide--

I really don't think you can compare being the President of a major superpower (much less any nation, for that matter) to that of a small college. Also, I haven't heard anything about Obama committing adultery.

Oct 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Charles-211696 said: news.yahoo.com.

news.yahoo.com

--hide--

We live in a world smack-dab in the middle of spiritual warfare.

When the evil one and his minions "do their work", who do you think they focus on? Think about it. If someone is living a very self-centered life, full of hidden sinful acts, the evil one doesn't worry about that person much. Maybe they just send an occasional new temptation to them now and then. But since that person is already defying God, the evil one doesn't spend too much time or energy on that person.

What about someone who has lived a life of sin, but is starting to "see the light" ? The evil one will be much more focused on this person. For even though God wants ALL of us to rejoin Him in heaven, the gate really is narrow. The evil one knows this and will diligently work to sway us from His path. That probably sums up our lives, repeated effots from the evil one to turn us from the light. That is why we must keep ourselves immersed in God's word, on a regular basis. We must put on the amour of God.

What about someone who is actively championing for God? Let's take Mel Gibson. What a powerful movie, Passion of the Christ. Now poor Mr. Gibson really, really ticked off the evil one. From looking at where Mr. Gibson's life has ended up, I am thinking there was a full forced attack on that man. Just because he has fallen doesn't negate the message of his film, though. I mean it's one thing to be a basic nobody and want to follow Christ, but to actively bring others to Him...... the devil "prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour" and Mr. Gibson pocked it with a big stick with his movie. And he got devoured. He needs our prayers.

So when I view the above information in the link, I understand how someone can be led to temptation. We have received a powerful documentary that will help us Christians (and non-Christians) alike make educated choices, which is vital, knowing how little of the truth we are shown via our national news. Which of the above 3 categories does D'Souza fall into, in terms of importance to the evil one? Just because a man has been attacked, succumbed, and fallen, doesn't negate the message of his film.

From a powerful spiritual warfare book:

(note, for those of you who aren't familiar with this book, imagine it's the devil speaking the quotes)

“Never forget that when we are dealing with any pleasure in its healthy and normal and satisfying form, we are, in a sense, on the Enemy’s (God’s) ground…He [God] made the pleasure: all our research so far has not enabled us to produce one. All we can do is to encourage the humans to take the pleasures which our Enemy [God] has produced, at times, or in ways, or in degrees, which He [God] has forbidden. ”
C.S. Lewis, Screwtape Letters

It does not matter how small the sins are provided that their cumulative effect is to edge the man away from the Light and out into the Nothing. Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick. Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one--the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts.”
C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

Our job is to continue to follow our Church, educate ourselves on the truth, be active, and don't allow ourselves to fall to the distractions of the evil one.

Oct 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Charles-211696 said: I really don't think you can compare being the President of a major super...

I really don't think you can compare being the President of a major superpower (much less any nation, for that matter) to that of a small college. Also, I haven't heard anything about Obama committing adultery.

--hide--

I was just paralleling the movie's comparing their two lives. I know you can't compare the two. Did you see the movie?

Oct 19th 2012 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: (Quote) Charles-211696 said: I really don&#...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Quote:
Charles-211696 said:

I was just paralleling the movie's comparing their two lives. I know you can't compare the two. Did you see the movie?

--hide--
Yeah, Charles, you'd have to see the movie to put Marianne's comments (and interesting projective comments) in perspective.

See the movie. You'll "get" what Marianne meant.
Oct 19th 2012 new

Ahhhh, gotcha. Mea culpa. wink

I just got it yesterday, will be watching soon.

Oct 19th 2012 new
(Quote) Charles-211696 said: Ahhhh, gotcha. Mea culpa. I just got it yesterday, will be watching soon.

Ahhhh, gotcha. Mea culpa.

I just got it yesterday, will be watching soon.

--hide--
Please report what you think about it after you've seen it.
Oct 19th 2012 new
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: We live in a world smack-dab in the middle of spiritual warfare. <...
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said:

We live in a world smack-dab in the middle of spiritual warfare.

When the evil one and his minions "do their work", who do you think they focus on? Think about it. If someone is living a very self-centered life, full of hidden sinful acts, the evil one doesn't worry about that person much. Maybe they just send an occasional new temptation to them now and then. But since that person is already defying God, the evil one doesn't spend too much time or energy on that person.

What about someone who has lived a life of sin, but is starting to "see the light" ? The evil one will be much more focused on this person. For even though God wants ALL of us to rejoin Him in heaven, the gate really is narrow. The evil one knows this and will diligently work to sway us from His path. That probably sums up our lives, repeated effots from the evil one to turn us from the light. That is why we must keep ourselves immersed in God's word, on a regular basis. We must put on the amour of God.

What about someone who is actively championing for God? Let's take Mel Gibson. What a powerful movie, Passion of the Christ. Now poor Mr. Gibson really, really ticked off the evil one. From looking at where Mr. Gibson's life has ended up, I am thinking there was a full forced attack on that man. Just because he has fallen doesn't negate the message of his film, though. I mean it's one thing to be a basic nobody and want to follow Christ, but to actively bring others to Him...... the devil "prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour" and Mr. Gibson pocked it with a big stick with his movie. And he got devoured. He needs our prayers.

So when I view the above information in the link, I understand how someone can be led to temptation. We have received a powerful documentary that will help us Christians (and non-Christians) alike make educated choices, which is vital, knowing how little of the truth we are shown via our national news. Which of the above 3 categories does D'Souza fall into, in terms of importance to the evil one? Just because a man has been attacked, succumbed, and fallen, doesn't negate the message of his film.

From a powerful spiritual warfare book:

(note, for those of you who aren't familiar with this book, imagine it's the devil speaking the quotes)

“Never forget that when we are dealing with any pleasure in its healthy and normal and satisfying form, we are, in a sense, on the Enemy’s (God’s) ground…He [God] made the pleasure: all our research so far has not enabled us to produce one. All we can do is to encourage the humans to take the pleasures which our Enemy [God] has produced, at times, or in ways, or in degrees, which He [God] has forbidden. ”
C.S. Lewis, Screwtape Letters

It does not matter how small the sins are provided that their cumulative effect is to edge the man away from the Light and out into the Nothing. Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick. Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one--the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts.”
C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

Our job is to continue to follow our Church, educate ourselves on the truth, be active, and don't allow ourselves to fall to the distractions of the evil one.

--hide--
Dearest Wendy,

You so beautifully expressed what I immediately thought of this unfortunate situation.

1. There is an example of spiritual warfare. This is a spiritual attack on him...and the work he accomplished. The devil must be very angry. And D'Souza fell for the temptation.

2. Mel Gibson! Exactly!
Posts 11 - 20 of 52