Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

10/14/2012 new
(Quote) Charles-211696 said: (Quote) Victor-544727 said: The more we learn about this law that was conceive...
(Quote) Charles-211696 said:

Quote:
Victor-544727 said:

The more we learn about this law that was conceived in a backroom deal among the Democrats, rammed through Congress without as much as a debate, and signed into law despite the protests of the citizenry at-large, it is becoming more and more apparent why it all went down the way that it did.

At any rate, if Obama is re-elected and Harry Reid stays as Majority Leader in the Senate, this is just a sample of what we have to look forward to...

- The bill will provide insurance to all non-U.S. residents, even if they are here illegally (p. 50, sec. 152).

- The government will have real-time access to an individual's bank account and will have the authority to make electronic fund transfers from those accounts (pp. 58-59).

- The plan will be subsidized (by the government/us) for all union members, union retirees and for community organizations (such as the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now - ACORN). (p. 65, sec. 164).

- Doctors will all be paid the same regardless of specialty, and the government will set all doctors' fees (pp. 241, 253).

- Cancer hospital will ration care according to the patient's age. Those over 75 are not eligible for cancer treatment (pp. 272, sec. 1145).

- The government will impose a prohibition on hospital expansion; however, communities may petition for an exception (pp. 317, 321).

- The government mandates advance-care planning consultations. Those on Social Security will be required to attend an "end-of-life planning" (death counseling) seminar every five years (pp. 425; 4-12).

- The government will specify which doctors can write an end-of-life order (pp. 429; 13-25).

This just covers the first 429 pages of the massive 2,900 pages of this new law. Of course, Congress, who created this law, have also managed to exempt themselves from the provisions contained in it, but that's nothing new!
So, the question is, what else are we about to learn over time concerning this law?

I've just gone through each of these examples, and I cannot identify any writing that supports any of the excerpts highlighted in the original post.

Now, as a caveat, I'm not a lawyer, and I would like to think we all can agree the verbiage of the document is mindboggling.

--hide--
I couldn't find a correlation either. Wanted to review the material again today before I said something.

Would like to read each and every one of your references directly on the Bill, so I can list them with a reference on Fb. But, of course, I need to make sure everything is correct first.

For example, page 272 does not reference a section 1145 and the content isn't about cancer treatment for the elderly.

Page 429 isn't about doctors writing end-of life-orders.

Etc. and so forth...

And Charles, yes, indeed. This is mind boggling and pathetic. I can't help but think of the ENORMOUS waste of money incurred to craft such a monstrous assault on our health care rights.
10/14/2012 new

(Quote) Charles-211696 said:I've just gone through each of these examples, and I cannot identify any writing that suppo...
(Quote) Charles-211696 said:

I've just gone through each of these examples, and I cannot identify any writing that supports any of the excerpts highlighted in the original post.

Now, as a caveat, I'm not a lawyer, and I would like to think we all can agree the verbiage of the document is mindboggling.

--hide--

Victor - Could you please double check your notes and get back to us? I'm not getting any of the pages referenced as lining up with either of the documents.

10/14/2012 new
I'm wondering if a similar bullet-point list with page references already exists from a credible professional source (perhaps the medical community). This might save Victor the grief of trying to figure this out.

DR. BARBARA BELLAR - OBAMACARE SUMMED UP IN ONE SENTENCE - MUST SEE!

www.youtube.com

And folks...post that youtube on Fb!
10/14/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: I'm wondering if a similar bullet-point list with page references already exists from a credible prof...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: I'm wondering if a similar bullet-point list with page references already exists from a credible professional source (perhaps the medical community). This might save Victor the grief of trying to figure this out.

www.youtube.com

--hide--

Everything I have read here is frightening and I frankly see Obamacare as population control. They want to decide who has a right to live and who does not. It is just a different kind of plan for mass extermination. I am not kidding and I am knowledgable about how this was done by Stalin and others. In those days it was forced starvationand concentration camps, now they just need to move from managed care into this government controlled death /lottery/game.

In the time I have been observing Obama, I have come to see him as just another wanna be dictator. I think we have all seen it. I just pray this will end soon. Praying

10/17/2012 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: (Quote) Charles-211696 said: (Quote) Victor-544727 said: The more w...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said:
Quote:
Charles-211696 said:

Quote:
Victor-544727 said:

The more we learn about this law that was conceived in a backroom deal among the Democrats, rammed through Congress without as much as a debate, and signed into law despite the protests of the citizenry at-large, it is becoming more and more apparent why it all went down the way that it did.

At any rate, if Obama is re-elected and Harry Reid stays as Majority Leader in the Senate, this is just a sample of what we have to look forward to...

- The bill will provide insurance to all non-U.S. residents, even if they are here illegally (p. 50, sec. 152).

- The government will have real-time access to an individual's bank account and will have the authority to make electronic fund transfers from those accounts (pp. 58-59).

- The plan will be subsidized (by the government/us) for all union members, union retirees and for community organizations (such as the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now - ACORN). (p. 65, sec. 164).

- Doctors will all be paid the same regardless of specialty, and the government will set all doctors' fees (pp. 241, 253).

- Cancer hospital will ration care according to the patient's age. Those over 75 are not eligible for cancer treatment (pp. 272, sec. 1145).

- The government will impose a prohibition on hospital expansion; however, communities may petition for an exception (pp. 317, 321).

- The government mandates advance-care planning consultations. Those on Social Security will be required to attend an "end-of-life planning" (death counseling) seminar every five years (pp. 425; 4-12).

- The government will specify which doctors can write an end-of-life order (pp. 429; 13-25).

This just covers the first 429 pages of the massive 2,900 pages of this new law. Of course, Congress, who created this law, have also managed to exempt themselves from the provisions contained in it, but that's nothing new!
So, the question is, what else are we about to learn over time concerning this law?

I couldn't find a correlation either. Wanted to review the material again today before I said something.

Would like to read each and every one of your references directly on the Bill, so I can list them with a reference on Fb. But, of course, I need to make sure everything is correct first.

For example, page 272 does not reference a section 1145 and the content isn't about cancer treatment for the elderly.

Page 429 isn't about doctors writing end-of life-orders.

Etc. and so forth...

And Charles, yes, indeed. This is mind boggling and pathetic. I can't help but think of the ENORMOUS waste of money incurred to craft such a monstrous assault on our health care rights.
--hide--
Oh, Victor. Can you help us out here with our questions?
10/17/2012 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: I'm wondering if a similar bullet-point list with page references already exists from a credible professional s...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: I'm wondering if a similar bullet-point list with page references already exists from a credible professional source (perhaps the medical community). This might save Victor the grief of trying to figure this out.

www.youtube.com

--hide--
I called Barbara Bellar, M.D., J.D., M.A.,

Talked directly with her. What a nice lady!!!

Explained how concerned Catholics are trying to share information on Obamacare via this forum and Fb.

She is going to e-mail me information.

Will share as information continues to roll in...
10/17/2012 new
*Bleep* NO, I DON'T WANT THIS BILL!!! I'm a diabetic so this will esspecially impact me! hissyfit tombstone
10/17/2012 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Oh, Victor. Can you help us out here with our questions?
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Oh, Victor. Can you help us out here with our questions?
--hide--

Fortunately, the list that Victor posted is full of misinformation. (I don't mean this as criticism of you, Victor, you are just passing this along. You didn't make it up.)

For instance, there is definitely nothing in the law that prevents people over the age of 75 from getting cancer care. On the contrary, insurance companies can no longer impose lifetime caps.

www.snopes.com
10/17/2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: The more we learn about this law that was conceived in a backroom deal among the Democrats, ramm...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

--hide--

Thank you for posting this Victor. When something looks too good to be true, it usually is. Why anyone would think Obamacare is good for America, I cannot understand. The old and infirmed will die sooner and more of the unborn will be murdered with our tax dollar so someone won't be inconvenienced. Obamacare is immoral. Unfortunately, the general public generally just listen to the sound bites that say "everyone will be covered."

- Elizabeth

10/17/2012 new
(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: Oh, Victor. Can you help us out here with our questions? <...
(Quote) Shannan-733493 said:
Quote:
Mary-486033 said: Oh, Victor. Can you help us out here with our questions?

Fortunately, the list that Victor posted is full of misinformation. (I don't mean this as criticism of you, Victor, you are just passing this along. You didn't make it up.)

For instance, there is definitely nothing in the law that prevents people over the age of 75 from getting cancer care. On the contrary, insurance companies can no longer impose lifetime caps.

www.snopes.com
--hide--
Shannon.

I've spent 5 - 6 months on forums about socialized medicine while educating myself.

Just because Victor posted specific pages that didn't line up, doesn't mitigate the God-forsaken realities of Obamacare.
Posts 11 - 20 of 186