Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 17th 2012 new
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Thank you for posting this Victor. When something looks too good to be true, it usually is. W...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Thank you for posting this Victor. When something looks too good to be true, it usually is. Why anyone would think Obamacare is good for America, I cannot understand. The old and infirmed will die sooner and more of the unborn will be murdered with our tax dollar so someone won't be inconvenienced. Obamacare is immoral. Unfortunately, the general public generally just listen to the sound bites that say "everyone will be covered."

- Elizabeth

--hide--

Elizabeth, I can respect anyone's point of view on health care reform, but PLEASE base your opinions on factual information! There is nothing in this style of health care reform that will cause the old and infirm to die sooner or to cause more abortions to take place. I don't like every aspect of it, but it was an attempt to solve a problem that our country has had for a very long time. And if it gets undone, we will have a far worse health care situation than we have now, with no solution in sight. I would prefer that we keep the reforms in place and improve on them.

Anyone with a serious health condition like diabetes should pray that the law is upheld, because it will allow you to obtain insurance at the same price as anyone else without regard to your condition. Right now, if you lose your job and have to buy insurance on the individual market, anyone with a serious condition can be turned down or have preexisting condition exclusion placed on their policy.
Oct 17th 2012 new
(Quote) Corinna-623958 said: *Bleep* NO, I DON'T WANT THIS BILL!!! I'm a diabetic so this will esspecially impact me!
(Quote) Corinna-623958 said: *Bleep* NO, I DON'T WANT THIS BILL!!! I'm a diabetic so this will esspecially impact me!
--hide--
Dear Corinna, Your pic is beautiful! Welcome to the forums! wave

Please stick with us. Help us fight Obamacare. I've worked with the sick and disabled all my life...my passion...God's will for my life. I will not stand idly by and watch this man ruin the best medical system in the world! Nor trample on God-given rights of the sick, disabled, and elderly. Nor my rights! Nor my faith!

As Barbara Bellar. M.D., J.D., M.A. just stated to me on the phone, "God should decide how long someone lives, not Obama!"

If you so desire, I will share pertinent links to videos and articles that you, in turn, can pass along on Facebook. hug
Oct 17th 2012 new
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: My grandfather got cancder around age 75 and beat it and lived to 96...how dare they! How dare th...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

My grandfather got cancder around age 75 and beat it and lived to 96...how dare they! How dare they exempt themselves. Funny, how they keep saying they are the party for the poor...fact is only the rich will be able to beat this and every one of them is rich.

--hide--

Cheryl, fortunately, for your father and mine, there is NO PROVISION in the Affordable Health Care Act that cuts off cancer care at age 75. That is just flat wrong.
Oct 17th 2012 new
We Must Replace President Obama -

"Shona Holmes, a Canadian citizen, tells the story of her life-threatening condition, and the failures of Canada's health care system. The treatment Shona received in the U.S. saved her life, but President Obama is making our healthcare system more like Canada's. To protect America's patient-centered care, we must replace President Obama."

www.youtube.com
Oct 17th 2012 new
This is really over-the-top. Death camps? Extermination? Stalin? Let's keep it factual and civil.
Oct 17th 2012 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Everything I have read here is frightening and I frankly see Obamacare as population control. They want...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Everything I have read here is frightening and I frankly see Obamacare as population control. They want to decide who has a right to live and who does not. It is just a different kind of plan for mass extermination. I am not kidding and I am knowledgable about how this was done by Stalin and others. In those days it was forced starvationand concentration camps, now they just need to move from managed care into this government controlled death /lottery/game.

In the time I have been observing Obama, I have come to see him as just another wanna be dictator. I think we have all seen it. I just pray this will end soon.

--hide--

Sorry. I should have quoted Marian's post. This is the post to which I referred. I recognize the sincere fear in your post, Marian, but, fortunately, while you may not like the Affordable Health Care Act's approach to health care reform it does NOT include any death panel provision or plans for mass extermination! That would be scary. :-)
Oct 17th 2012 new
Socialized Medicine Nightmare in Britain - USA Beware -

www.youtube.com
Oct 17th 2012 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Shannon. I've spent 5 - 6 months on forums about socialized medicine while educating myself.
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Shannon.

I've spent 5 - 6 months on forums about socialized medicine while educating myself.

Just because Victor posted specific pages that didn't line up, doesn't mitigate the God-forsaken realities of Obamacare.
--hide--

Forums about "socialized medicine" are probably not the best place to get unbiased information! Just saying!

And with that, I'm going to sign off. Have a great day everyone!
Oct 17th 2012 new
(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: Shannon. I've spent 5 - 6 months on forums about soc...
(Quote) Shannan-733493 said:
Quote:
Mary-486033 said: Shannon.

I've spent 5 - 6 months on forums about socialized medicine while educating myself.

Just because Victor posted specific pages that didn't line up, doesn't mitigate the God-forsaken realities of Obamacare.

Forums about "socialized medicine" are probably not the best place to get unbiased information! Just saying!

And with that, I'm going to sign off. Have a great day everyone!
--hide--
Shannon,

Let's just say that with my educational background in Health Care, I'm more that well-equipped to discern garbage information from primary source and credible information.

And I did not say I "got" my information from forums (although highly-educated others have posted excellent resource material as well). I independently researched the subject matter and shared what I learned on the forums.

Just sayin'
Oct 17th 2012 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: If you so desire, I will share pertinent links to videos and articles that you, in turn, can pass along on ...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said:

If you so desire, I will share pertinent links to videos and articles that you, in turn, can pass along on Facebook.
--hide--

Sounds cool. Most of my friends on facebook are family members who already oppose the bill but some of them do think it's good and my college friends are all for it.
Posts 21 - 30 of 186