Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: My grandfather got cancder around age 7...
(Quote) Shannan-733493 said:
Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

My grandfather got cancder around age 75 and beat it and lived to 96...how dare they! How dare they exempt themselves. Funny, how they keep saying they are the party for the poor...fact is only the rich will be able to beat this and every one of them is rich.

Cheryl, fortunately, for your father and mine, there is NO PROVISION in the Affordable Health Care Act that cuts off cancer care at age 75. That is just flat wrong.
--hide--

I don't know...last time I read this thread people were waiting for Victor's fact checks....fact is that Obamacare is so full of *#@ that congress didn't even read it...so it could be in there...one thing that is in there for sure and was just confirmed by Romney at the first debate was that there will be a govt. appointed board (no doubt full of liberals and atheist) who can determine whether or not you receive treatment...I do NOT want this for my parents or I when we are elderly because ofcourse we won't get treated...the only exemptions will be for the wealthy and the govt poliiticians. Someone from MA said that prostetics were not considered a necessity....I can't even imagine....thank God Romney is not promoting this at a federal level. I mean it is bad enough that they are trying to force me to go against my choices, beliefs, rights, and freedom of religion to pay for their abortions and birth control without the rest of it!

Oct 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: (Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Thank you for posting this Victor. W...
(Quote) Shannan-733493 said:
Quote:
Elizabeth-462557 said:

Thank you for posting this Victor. When something looks too good to be true, it usually is. Why anyone would think Obamacare is good for America, I cannot understand. The old and infirmed will die sooner and more of the unborn will be murdered with our tax dollar so someone won't be inconvenienced. Obamacare is immoral. Unfortunately, the general public generally just listen to the sound bites that say "everyone will be covered."

- Elizabeth

Elizabeth, I can respect anyone's point of view on health care reform, but PLEASE base your opinions on factual information! There is nothing in this style of health care reform that will cause the old and infirm to die sooner or to cause more abortions to take place. I don't like every aspect of it, but it was an attempt to solve a problem that our country has had for a very long time. And if it gets undone, we will have a far worse health care situation than we have now, with no solution in sight. I would prefer that we keep the reforms in place and improve on them.

Anyone with a serious health condition like diabetes should pray that the law is upheld, because it will allow you to obtain insurance at the same price as anyone else without regard to your condition. Right now, if you lose your job and have to buy insurance on the individual market, anyone with a serious condition can be turned down or have preexisting condition exclusion placed on their policy.
--hide--

Wrong...my sister-in-law lost her job when she started feeling ill....so she lost her insurance. It ended up being cancer....she was treated whether they had the money or not and then they claimed disability which she truly deserved....she was one of the ones that did....and got state paid medical insuarnce that paid for her needs. Insurance is there for those who truly need it. I'm not saying it didn't break them at first because it did....but they got their lives back and she is now in remission though still handicapped from it. Leukemia unfortunately leaves you with so many other problems....she has had hip replacements, etc. and walks with a cane. Truly, I would like to see medical extended more for those right above poverty level who work part-time only...but I would like to see it at the STATE level and NOT including abortion and birth control which is not something that I believe I should have to pay for.....but it should not be at the federal level and it should not be this Obamacare mess! As it is now, Obamacare still doesn't pay for those people right above poverty level...all it did is pay for more abortions and birth control!

Oct 17th 2012 new
(Quote) Corinna-623958 said: Sounds cool. Most of my friends on facebook are family members who already oppose the bill but some of t...
(Quote) Corinna-623958 said:

Sounds cool. Most of my friends on facebook are family members who already oppose the bill but some of them do think it's good and my college friends are all for it.
--hide--
Corinna,

Just keep saving the videos/articles opposing Obamacare which have been, and will continue to be, provided on this thread.

Then share daily on Facebook!

Doc4PatientCare is an organization of doctors who oppose socialized medicine in the US.

Dr. Scott Barbour - Docs4PatientCare - Politicians that passed Obamacare are guilty of malpractice - www.youtube.com
Oct 17th 2012 new

I can't comment on this because I still haven't finished reading it........yes, it is THHHHAAAAAT long. All I know....from where I'm at....that this is going to cost so much more money than the estimates have stated. Soooo much more money. It will take years of taxes to pay for one year of this....it's simply impossible.

I wonder if Catholics could form a health-care co-op? Where Catholics could be the ones hiring the doctors, therefore a sneaky way of getting around the law. Yes, I've learned alot from our history.

Oct 17th 2012 new
wave Barbara Bellar, M.D., J.D., M.A., will be on "Lou Dobbs Tonight" Wed 10/17 at 6:00 p.m. CST/7:00 p.m. EST - on Fox Business Channel.

Her YouTube, "Obamacare Summed Up In One Sentence", has gone viral and has been seen by 3 million viewers. www.youtube.com

Version with discussion. A MUST SEE! www.youtube.com
Oct 17th 2012 new

Check out the website for standupforreligiousfreedom.com

On their homepage, look at the column on the left. LOTS of good information there. There's a section called Blogroll, with about 50+ organizations listed who are somehow involved with the HHS mandate/religious freedom. Then there's the list for the rallies, about 140 of them, happening all over America this Saturday (10/20), but just as important in that left column is a section titled "About the HHS mandate" Click on it and you will see (at the bottom of the page):

Links for....

*Stand Up for Religious Freedom's one-page HHS Mandate fact sheet

*Stand Up for Religious Freedom's HHS Mandate Question and Answer sheet

*Alliance Defense Fund's "Obamacare and its Mandate Fact Sheet"

*Stop the HHS Mandate-AveMaria Radio

*Catholic Vote's list of bishops and institutions opposing the HHS mandate

and a few others

Oct 18th 2012 new
OBAMACARE FINES START FOR HOSPITALS THAT RE-ADMIT SICK PATIENTS

"Hospitals that re-admit patients within 30 days after they were discharged will now have to, under an Obamacare provision, pay fines as of October 1, 2012, which could force hospitals to slash programs that help the elderly, the poor, and the chronically ill.

...This is yet another reason why a plurality of Americans want Obamacare to be repealed before it is too late, as more of such provisions will gradually be implemented."

www.breitbart.com
Oct 18th 2012 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: OBAMACARE FINES START FOR HOSPITALS THAT RE-ADMIT SICK PATIENTS "Hospitals that re-a...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: OBAMACARE FINES START FOR HOSPITALS THAT RE-ADMIT SICK PATIENTS

"Hospitals that re-admit patients within 30 days after they were discharged will now have to, under an Obamacare provision, pay fines as of October 1, 2012, which could force hospitals to slash programs that help the elderly, the poor, and the chronically ill.

...This is yet another reason why a plurality of Americans want Obamacare to be repealed before it is too late, as more of such provisions will gradually be implemented."

www.breitbart.com
--hide--

C'mon, Obamites! I dare you to defend this!
Oct 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: OBAMACARE FINES START FOR HOSPITALS THAT RE-ADMIT SICK PATIENTS "Ho...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: OBAMACARE FINES START FOR HOSPITALS THAT RE-ADMIT SICK PATIENTS

www.breitbart.com
--hide--
Partially true, Mary. However, there is a threshold and an "allowance" for a certain percentage of readmissions. In many cases, it simply can't be helped and isn't necessarily a problem caused by inadequate or negligent medical care. Once a hospital has exceeded the established threshold (as determined by Medicare) fines can be assessed. As far as I know, this applies to Medicare/Medicaid patients only.

Oct 18th 2012 new

No, I don't. And neither do many others across the U.S.

www.becketfund.org

Posts 31 - 40 of 186